Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kwok

Cancelled bookings
« on: July 24, 2019, 05:47:21 pm »
Does anyone here take deposits for bookings ?
Sometimes I get absolute annoyed with people cancelling the last minute causing me to lose a days work. Happens everyso often.
Last month someone booked a 3 bedroom house deep clean, 2 days before text to confirm and everything ok to go ahead. On the day, 15 minutes before, cancelled.
Last week was even so annoying, an Asian called me week before asking for EOT clean, everyday called me for advice on dealing with his letting agents, gave home plenty of advice, excellent go ahead with job. Again 2 days before called to confirm, all ok, day before text and he says he doesn't want the clean as said the letting agents messed him about and cannot bothered to inform me. What really annoyed me was 2 days before I had someone wanting to book a full house deep clean  and that day had left with no job

scott johns

Re: Cancelled bookings
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 08:25:49 pm »
welcome to our industry you will get it often as they are always after someone cheaper I have never
taken a deposit to date. unfortunately people now days don't care who they mess around try not to
be to helpful as they will see this as an oppertunatey to pick your brains.
all the best for the future

Elfyn

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 07:41:25 am »
I've always found that the people most likely to mess you arround come from Facebook and other internet contacts.

Paul Fitzpatrick

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 09:31:08 am »
I also had a bad experience with customers coming from Facebook.

kwok

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 07:04:39 pm »
Totally agree, I cancelled my business facebook account. Sometimes when I place photos on my page, get enquiries but half of them cancel nearer the time.
Worse when you tried selling something at very low price, tell then no offers and they still wants to cut you down next to nothing.