Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tlwcs

Electric Nissan van. UPDATE
« on: July 07, 2019, 03:31:36 pm »
Hi all,
I have 24 hour test drive of the e-nv200 from Thursday night.
Anybody use one and give me any pro or cons.
The range is upto 180 miles a charge now. Even taking into consideration that I may have to use the wipers, heater, demister on a cold day, the true range may be halved. I’m going to sing to save having the radio on. I only do 25 miles a day.
I have a ford connect L2  with a 500 litre diy system I fitted. (Strapped)
I may look to sell if a deal is done
Tony

Richard iSparkle

Re: Electric Nissan van
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 03:34:31 pm »
Hi all,
I have 24 hour test drive of the e-nv200 from Thursday night.
Anybody use one and give me any pro or cons.
The range is upto 180 miles a charge now. Even taking into consideration that I may have to use the wipers, heater, demister on a cold day, the true range may be halved. I’m going to sing to save having the radio on. I only do 25 miles a day.
I have a ford connect L2  with a 500 litre diy system I fitted. (Strapped)
I may look to sell if a deal is done
Tony

really interested to see how you get on.

i was keen to try one this time around but was put off by the cost, and the unknowns.

we would love to go electric though
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

david mark

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 04:02:12 pm »
500 litre tank full may take more electric. But if your round is local I reckon you be fine

dd

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 04:12:06 pm »
What is the payload?

tlwcs

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 04:19:22 pm »
What is the payload?
650 ish. Advertised as over 750 but not including driver
Would change the tank to a 400 flat

dd

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 05:39:40 pm »
25k plus VAT. Ouch.

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 07:11:58 pm »
Remember looking at a diesal version a few years ago now and thinking there was not enough length for the poles without cutting into the bulkhead, that + the payload was a big negative.
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

Ooooooog

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 07:38:46 pm »
Until they produce something with a 1500kg payload, it’s not plausible for us. Would love to go electric. Spending over a grand a month on diesel hurts.

tlwcs

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 07:55:49 pm »
The pole length is a good point.
The ford owned from new , 64 plate,  I doubt will last another 10 years before I retire.
A new van now should see me through though.
Use between 350 and 500 litres a day currently, but I’m fairly liberal with it, I’m sure I could save some 
The last 2 vans have been brand new so I’m well used to the payments, but yes 25k is a lot of money
We’ll see how it drives.

dd

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 11:21:49 pm »
If your current van is only 5 years old why not keep it longer, especially as you expect your next van to last 10 years until you retire?

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 11:24:12 pm »
Why the big push for electric vehicles? ::)roll
What about the power stations?wont we need loads more to power all these vehicles?electric vehicles still give off pollutants into the atmosphere......just different ones that's all....

price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019, 11:25:52 pm »
If your current van is only 5 years old why not keep it longer, especially as you expect your next van to last 10 years until you retire?

I'm sure with limited mileage it would last another 10 years......its only 5 years old at present.....
price higher/work harder!

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 04:02:24 pm »
Looked in to this a year ago, the carrying capacity was just not good enough for our vans.
Once you get ladders, all your reels, poles etc it started to look not so good and if you go 2 up for odd jobs.
For now we are out. 8)
As time goes on maybe it will improve, but I still think there is no way near enough infrastructure for it or what's going to happen to all these used batteries that will start accumulating

Elfyn

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2019, 04:58:07 pm »
The thing that no one ever thinks of with electric vehiles is the cost per mile. Most cars and vans would be anywhere between 12 and 20 pence per mile. An EV at the moment would be 3 to 5 pence per mile.
I wonder how long it will be before the government realises that is't missing out on fuel tax revenue and starts taxing the electricity you use?

tlwcs

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 05:19:31 pm »
Why the big push for electric vehicles? ::)roll
What about the power stations?wont we need loads more to power all these vehicles?electric vehicles still give off pollutants into the atmosphere......just different ones that's all....
Cost per mile.
I don’t think they produce any pollutants, but your right to charge them it’s using  nuclear or fossil fuel to create the electricity needed to charge them
There is no write down now on the current van and besides I like vans where there’s not the mot worry. You’ve had old vans, would you.keep your connect 15 years

dd

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2019, 07:16:50 pm »
I have only had one van for wfp, a 13 year old dispatch I bought new. If you are looking to retire in 10 years and only want to buy one more van IMO it makes sense to keep your 5 year old van a couple more years, assuming you are happy with it.

tlwcs

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2019, 07:22:15 pm »
I have only had one van for wfp, a 13 year old dispatch I bought new. If you are looking to retire in 10 years and only want to buy one more van IMO it makes sense to keep your 5 year old van a couple more years, assuming you are happy with it.
It’s ok. It’s going to need a big service in the next couple months. Cam belt, service,  4 tyres and anything else for the mot.
It’s got 2 payments left before I own it.  It’s worth fair money as a depo which will reduce over the next couple of years, but then if I save the payments....................
We shall see

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2019, 07:45:19 pm »
Until they produce something with a 1500kg payload, it’s not plausible for us. Would love to go electric. Spending over a grand a month on diesel hurts.
i thought they did already  ivocos i am sure john menzies use these which are all ele

zesty

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2019, 08:09:54 pm »
Susan, why do you have (1st clean) written as part of your name? Purely out of interest...

Ooooooog

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2019, 08:36:35 pm »
i thought they did already  ivocos i am sure john menzies use these which are all ele

Thanks, I’ll take a look.