Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Susan Dean (1stclean)

Re: Not today, a lot rain is forecast this week.
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 09:50:04 am »
dump her and say northing every time she see you and says are you doing mind today , shout back not today luv and carry on been doing this to a one now for a while took six months before she stopped asking  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2019, 09:54:15 am »
Firstly I don't see the need to go every two weeks on trad.  I never did or offered 2wkly as an option when I was trad.  Why limit yourself?  Bang the price up to an appropriate 4weekky price and this will solve half the issues.  Also don't use detergents like washing up liquids which leave a soapy residue and muck up the windows when it rains!  This will also solve some of your issues.   Then your free to take on more work and more money.

Many sblack person at the idea of a welcome pack, but this also helps make you stand out, but also it has your written terms on it, ie  you work in the rain as it adds no I'll effect (also on trad if you use correct cleaning fluid).
In four years since I switched to wfp and worked in the rain, I have only dumped one customer at the very begining. He asked me not to clean due to the rain, the month before I posted a letter to all my customers explaining the new method I was using and why I will work in the rain. I reminded the chap of said letter and he said yes he knew that, but it's raining (a light drizzle as well). So I kindly told him that I hadn't invested in new equipment to enable me to work in all weather's for nothing and that he's best suited to get someone who doesn't mind messing about.
That was the first and last person I ever lost due to working in the rain.  All my customers know I work in the rain and all have experienced me doing so and have seen the truth in the statement.

Addition by Mod: Gotta love the autocorrect!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2019, 09:56:48 am »
Never just dump a customer without having the balls n dignity to explain why in a calm and polite/professional manner.   This saves any confusion and stops the constant asking. If anyone asks in the street, just explain and this will reinforce your stance in their minds as well, so it's a win win.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Clean Cloth

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2019, 10:22:08 am »
To the couple of posters that asked why I cleaned them every 2 weeks, it is because I told her I am round every 28 days but she requested I do them every 14 days, I had only been in business a couple of months so welcomed it and the extra money. I also have another customer in another area who requested a 2 weekly clean and it suits me fine.
Believe it or not I have a customer that wants the windows cleaned every week. Apparently where they used to live they used to have their windows cleaned every week too.

95% of my customers are 4 weekly, I have a few 8 weekly customers which I also don't mind.

Back on topic, the rain she mentioned did not arrive anyway.

I will not go back especially for her next week. If she telephones me I will be calm and say, because you have turned me away without warning twice now I will clean you neighbours and if you want yours cleaned you can come out and ask me. I will need payment on the day of the clean from now on though(she used to often say "I have not been to the cash point yet, can I drop it in later?" She never did drop it in later and owed me for 3 cleans 2 weeks ago. Now seems like a good opportunity to lose her or hopefully she will drop me when she hears what I have to say.

On another note, she does have a reputation for being punchy, so yes I will park my car across the street from now on in front of a friend of mine.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2019, 10:47:18 am »
Depends where he is Remote parts of northern Britain 2 weekly is actually not too uncommon.
That's because the cleans are cheap. And window cleaning is almost embedded in culture. Some of the streets we work in have almost 1 window cleaner per house. Up north It's Not Unusual to have the whole street or have clusters  of houses on a street or an estate.

jay moley

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2019, 12:35:40 pm »
I allow one skipped clean but dump if they cancel for a second time.

I have to be more flexible as I'm still not at full capacity.

If I were you I'd dump this customer tho as she's mucked you around a few times.

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2019, 03:35:07 pm »
I had one (a dumpee) text me yesterday.

Gist of texts ...

Mrs C: I haven't seen you for a long time - are you still cleaning windows?
Me: I am - last time you told me not to clean as the dogs were in the garden so I took it you didn't appreciate my service and as it has taken a year for you to contact me it seems I was right.

Mrs C: Oh I didn't mean for you to stop completely, I was happy with your window cleaning will you resume cleaning please?
Me: I can do that on the basis that I don't get turned away and that it will cost more as they haven't been cleaned for 12 months.

Mrs C: I think that's completely over the top - I had my sick friends dog's round and I was struggling to look after them. If that's how it's going to be then I'd rather you didn't clean my windows. Sorry to bother you!
Me: Wise decision, Mrs C.  It was no bother; I appreciate the opportunity to explain how turning a window cleaner away upon arrival is not acceptable without good reason. I wish you all the best for the future and hope you find a window cleaner that can accommodate your requirements.

You clean her windows, you don’t represent her legally. What a lot of waffle!

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2019, 04:10:41 pm »
To the couple of posters that asked why I cleaned them every 2 weeks, it is because I told her I am round every 28 days but she requested I do them every 14 days, I had only been in business a couple of months so welcomed it and the extra money. I also have another customer in another area who requested a 2 weekly clean and it suits me fine.
Believe it or not I have a customer that wants the windows cleaned every week. Apparently where they used to live they used to have their windows cleaned every week too.

95% of my customers are 4 weekly, I have a few 8 weekly customers which I also don't mind.

Back on topic, the rain she mentioned did not arrive anyway.

I will not go back especially for her next week. If she telephones me I will be calm and say, because you have turned me away without warning twice now I will clean you neighbours and if you want yours cleaned you can come out and ask me. I will need payment on the day of the clean from now on though(she used to often say "I have not been to the cash point yet, can I drop it in later?" She never did drop it in later and owed me for 3 cleans 2 weeks ago. Now seems like a good opportunity to lose her or hopefully she will drop me when she hears what I have to say.

On another note, she does have a reputation for being punchy, so yes I will park my car across the street from now on in front of a friend of mine.

shes a bad payer too?just dump her for Gods sake!also get a SumUp card machine so if any other customer says they have no money just pull out the machine,their face is a picture,no escaping paying you now! :D :D
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2019, 04:53:26 pm »
I had one (a dumpee) text me yesterday.

Gist of texts ...

Mrs C: I haven't seen you for a long time - are you still cleaning windows?
Me: I am - last time you told me not to clean as the dogs were in the garden so I took it you didn't appreciate my service and as it has taken a year for you to contact me it seems I was right.

Mrs C: Oh I didn't mean for you to stop completely, I was happy with your window cleaning will you resume cleaning please?
Me: I can do that on the basis that I don't get turned away and that it will cost more as they haven't been cleaned for 12 months.

Mrs C: I think that's completely over the top - I had my sick friends dog's round and I was struggling to look after them. If that's how it's going to be then I'd rather you didn't clean my windows. Sorry to bother you!
Me: Wise decision, Mrs C.  It was no bother; I appreciate the opportunity to explain how turning a window cleaner away upon arrival is not acceptable without good reason. I wish you all the best for the future and hope you find a window cleaner that can accommodate your requirements.

You clean her windows, you don’t represent her legally. What a lot of waffle!

Lot of waffle? How very dare you?! That was the edited version too!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!