This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

Taking today off 🌧
« on: June 14, 2019, 07:30:34 am »
This rain gets you down after a while , iv worked in it all week . Everyone’s paid up and I really don’t fancy getting drenched again. Gonna have a long weekend instead - next week looks a lot better , 18° ☀️

james peters

Re: Taking today off 🌧
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 08:02:18 am »
I have had a few soakings this week, and now I am all bunged up, and feel awfull. I doubt its to do with the weather though.
I have one job to do this morning, and I am only doing it as its a new customer (rugby club )first clean in and out.
otherwise I would be having today off completely.

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 08:07:44 am »
There’s only so many soakings a man can take  :'( ;D

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 08:12:51 am »
Crap week.  But I just get on with it. 
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 08:25:33 am »
This rain gets you down after a while , iv worked in it all week . Everyone’s paid up and I really don’t fancy getting drenched again. Gonna have a long weekend instead - next week looks a lot better , 18° ☀️

have you got work due though?will it knock your schedule back?i suppose its up to you but id just crack on and get it done if i had work left to finish the weeks work.....

ive noticed over the last 5 or so years that we get periods of wet weather that can last for 3 or 4 weeks every year usually in the warmer months,the low pressure systems get stuck over the uk,something to do with the jet stream being in a different place which just sends relentless low pressure systems our way......

im not going back to work until monday,just got over the jetlag! ;D....i will have had a full 17 days off from window cleaning! ;D
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 08:28:47 am »
Don't blame you, but isn't it good to know that you are all upto date with your work and be able to enjoy a long weekend.

We seem to do OK in Doncaster with rain and snow, especially snow.  In fact, we basically conclude that if we have it bad here, then everyone else must have it really bad.
So yes it's rained everyday of the week, but not all day and certainly not heavy all day. It has its moments where its really heavy and not practical to work, it's just 20 mins or so in the van for a breather before continuing. Yesterday was a medium drizzle on n off and then heavy rain in the evening onwards. Sure we had the heavy black clouds come over n braced for some nasty weather, but thank fully it blew over. Or atleast where I was working anyway.

Enjoy your long wknd
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 08:31:35 am »
Cheers guys - nah I’m actually well on top with working longer days all week , I got 5 days done in 4  ;D
Iv got to nip to the bank anyway and do some odd jobs so worked out ok. Have a great weekend guys!

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 08:44:02 am »
Cheers guys - nah I’m actually well on top with working longer days all week , I got 5 days done in 4  ;D
Iv got to nip to the bank anyway and do some odd jobs so worked out ok. Have a great weekend guys!

and you mate......its a great feeling knowing your work is done and dusted for the week with a bit of time to spare......employed people dont have that luxury!we are truly blessed being self employed window cleaners! :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 08:53:05 am »
Yep, great isn’t it. I haven’t had to get wet at all! Just took seven days off and kept out of it.

Simon Trapani

Re: Taking today off 🌧 New
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 09:19:43 am »
I don't understand the obsession of some of keeping to a date & never will. I don't live hand to mouth as I know most of you don't but I'll get to the jobs when I get to the jobs. I'm prepared to take the financial hit. The good days far outweigh the bad. And yes I employ & have plenty of work. Sometime send my guy out to clean some facias if it's raining. Too miserable, dirty gritty hoses etc for me though when it's raining, even in waterproofs. I'm not gonna totally demoralise my employee by making him work in the rain all day either. I just push everything back. I don't believe having their windows cleaned is top of person's budget. They can wait a few days extra.

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 09:23:09 am »
I suppose that’s the downside of having a monthly round - I can’t push any work back 🤷‍♂️

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 09:36:37 am »
I don't understand the obsession of some of keeping to a date & never will. I don't live hand to mouth as I know most of you don't but I'll get to the jobs when I get to the jobs. I'm prepared to take the financial hit. The good days far outweigh the bad. And yes I employ & have plenty of work. Sometime send my guy out to clean some facias if it's raining. Too miserable, dirty gritty hoses etc for me though when it's raining, even in waterproofs. I'm not gonna totally demoralise my employee by making him work in the rain all day either. I just push everything back. I don't believe having their windows cleaned is not top of person's budget. They can wait a few days extra.

i like to be organised and i like routine,i do juggle some work about here and there sometimes but i usually work my round from A-Z in virtually the same order all year round.....even when its raining.......then i get to choose my time off.for instance i very rarely work weekends and i very rarely work past 3pm-330pm.i like to finish even earlier most fridays(usually by 2pm)so working in a bit of rain now and again doesnt bother me if it allows me to do the hours i want to do and avoid weekend work or long working days.....

SB Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 09:37:35 am »
I don't understand the obsession of some of keeping to a date & never will. I don't live hand to mouth as I know most of you don't but I'll get to the jobs when I get to the jobs. I'm prepared to take the financial hit. The good days far outweigh the bad. And yes I employ & have plenty of work. Sometime send my guy out to clean some facias if it's raining. Too miserable, dirty gritty hoses etc for me though when it's raining, even in waterproofs. I'm not gonna totally demoralise my employee by making him work in the rain all day either. I just push everything back. I don't believe having their windows cleaned is not top of person's budget. They can wait a few days extra.
Totally agree

Slacky

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 09:42:11 am »
I don't understand the obsession of some of keeping to a date & never will.

Exactly. It seems an obsession to some. Chill out for christ sake.

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 12:26:23 pm »
Side point,
But we're not external painters n decorators  ;D where a bit of rain would halt business.  We are window cleaners for goodness sake. 😂😂 A little rainfall and it completely shuts down operations, it's laughable sometimes, it really is.

On the other hand, you have some who grin n bare it and plough through their work keeping things organised and can finish early or have long winds off and people moan at these types of workers...... Its laughable
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 12:50:47 pm »
Side point,
But we're not external painters n decorators  ;D where a bit of rain would halt business.  We are window cleaners for goodness sake. 😂😂 A little rainfall and it completely shuts down operations, it's laughable sometimes, it really is.

On the other hand, you have some who grin n bare it and plough through their work keeping things organised and can finish early or have long winds off and people moan at these types of workers...... Its laughable
It may well be laughable to some a window cleaner cleaning windows in rain though.

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 01:33:41 pm »
Only to the uneducated, who still believe that rain water will dirty their windows whilst your cleaning them or ones who think rain water will clean their windows alone 😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 01:39:20 pm »
No it’s just too miserable for me personally. I’ll just take the day off. I got plenty of other things to do.  Just make a decision for the day & stick to it otherwise you’ll spend the day looking out the window thinking ‘shall I, shan't I?’ And that’s a waste of a day imo.

JandS

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 03:00:46 pm »
Same as Simon....my work is monthly and I can push it back it just becomes 5 weekly for once....I don't have set days where so and so has to be done and it's set in stone.....sometimes in Winter I pray for a rainy day.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 04:15:47 pm »
Oddly i only usually manage 4 days a week

but this week i tortured myself by working 5 days in the rain just to prove to myself it can be done lol

no complaints and only a handfull who pointed out it was raining

feels like an achievement  ;D