This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

best single pole for a van?
« on: June 12, 2019, 10:15:10 pm »
i am fitting another van up and wondering if i can get a pole for domestics that will do everything on a day to day round. i have a big pole on my first van... but it barely gets used on a daily basis.. what owuld you chaps recommend?

im a bit of a gardiners fan so buy of them.. but what length?
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

SB Cleaning

Re: best single pole for a van?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 10:25:20 pm »
25ft SLX

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 10:26:31 pm »
SLX 25 would be my choice.....robust, hardwearing and can reach most day to day regular work......
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 10:44:18 pm »
SLX 25 - will do 3 storey windows

that's all my guys take unless we are doing a hotel or solar panels

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 05:50:20 am »
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 05:50:41 am »
SLX 25 - will do 3 storey windows

that's all my guys take unless we are doing a hotel or solar panels

Darran

thanks
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 05:50:57 am »
SLX 25 would be my choice.....robust, hardwearing and can reach most day to day regular work......

thanks
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 05:53:14 am »
thanks guys. i was thinking SLX 27 or 30.. but if a 25 can do it thats good :)
iSparkle Window Cleaning

High-Tower

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2019, 08:36:07 am »
It would have to be a 35ft for me, I have a lot of customers with dormers set back on the roof and velux windows.
This is another advantage of a tubeless setup, I could work with just the top 3/4 sections, then quickly and easily add on the extras when I needed them.

lal

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2019, 09:05:50 am »

SLX 25     or  Extreme 25 for lightness

Pete Thompson

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2019, 09:42:46 am »
It would have to be a 35ft for me, I have a lot of customers with dormers set back on the roof and velux windows.
This is another advantage of a tubeless setup, I could work with just the top 3/4 sections, then quickly and easily add on the extras when I needed them.

Totally agree, 35ft for me too. I use the extra reach a lot  of the time.

I suppose it depends on the type of work you do, but how do you 25ft guys reach the veluxes?

I also keep 2 extra sections in the van so I can make it into a 40ft reach (I remove the handle then add the extra section with its handle) as I have 2 buildings that need extra reach.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 01:38:54 pm »
i am fitting another van up and wondering if i can get a pole for domestics that will do everything on a day to day round. i have a big pole on my first van... but it barely gets used on a daily basis.. what owuld you chaps recommend?

Sorry to sound a bit harsh but this is the sort of question you’d expect from a newbie.  Only you know what kind of heights you work at. With your experience you should know by now what pole is best suited to your round.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 02:59:12 pm »

Sorry to sound a bit harsh but this is the sort of question you’d expect from a newbie.  Only you know what kind of heights you work at. With your experience you should know by now what pole is best suited to your round.

i currently have 1 van that has everything we need on it from domestic to commercial. so we have never really needed to know what we can get away with. we have 2 x SLX 22 and then a SLX 40 or something

im getting a second van but dont want to spend another £1500+ on all the poles i have in the first.

hence the Q, what is needed for a domestic pole

i take the attitude that whatever stage I am at there are things I can learn from others. this is something i think i wouldn benefit from others experiences from :)

Thanks for your input here KS

iSparkle Window Cleaning

KS Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2019, 03:22:45 pm »

i currently have 1 van that has everything we need on it from domestic to commercial. so we have never really needed to know what we can get away with. we have 2 x SLX 22 and then a SLX 40 or something

im getting a second van but dont want to spend another £1500+ on all the poles i have in the first.

i take the attitude that whatever stage I am at there are things I can learn from others. this is something i think i wouldn benefit from others experiences from :)

Fair enough mate, and may I add, that’s a great attitude to have, all the best.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2019, 03:34:49 pm »

I suppose it depends on the type of work you do, but how do you 25ft guys reach the veluxes?

I also keep 2 extra sections in the van so I can make it into a 40ft reach (I remove the handle then add the extra section with its handle) as I have 2 buildings that need extra reach.

i find my 25 ft pole reaches most velux windows too as well as 3 storey windows(even on some victorian houses)some are a bit of a stretch but still managable(im 6ft 2in)......

for anything higher i use a 47 footer.........
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 03:42:09 pm »
I use an slx18 and an slx 25 for every day use.   I also have and extreme 47.

I have the slx 18 for the standard property.  Just nice to use a more lightweight pole  to make my day easier, then move to the 25 for the higher harder to reach houses.  This also lengthens the life of my slx25.   The 18 is cheaper to replace.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 04:55:06 pm »

Fair enough mate, and may I add, that’s a great attitude to have, all the best.

no worries mate  :)
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 04:55:39 pm »
I use an slx18 and an slx 25 for every day use.   I also have and extreme 47.

I have the slx 18 for the standard property.  Just nice to use a more lightweight pole  to make my day easier, then move to the 25 for the higher harder to reach houses.  This also lengthens the life of my slx25.   The 18 is cheaper to replace.

i like that idea. i think I'll copy that  ;D
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 04:56:01 pm »

thanks Dazmond

i find my 25 ft pole reaches most velux windows too as well as 3 storey windows(even on some victorian houses)some are a bit of a stretch but still managable(im 6ft 2in)......

for anything higher i use a 47 footer.........
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Shrek

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 05:43:17 pm »
Slx 25 although I think for most of my work I could get away with an 18