Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sergio

Which one is convenient?
« on: June 04, 2019, 06:01:57 am »
Hello,
Which prespray or shampoo cleaner is more convenient in terms of diluition ratio and cost per liter?
The question concerns the washing of oriental wool rugs with rotary machine

Thanks

Jonathan Evans

Re: Which one is convenient?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 04:52:52 pm »
To be honest the cost of pre spray is negligible.
But I use a ph neutral one but always test before cleaning.

edward coller

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 04:57:54 pm »
I use Alltec rug cleaner prespray and ther killim cleaner ,all good and sometimes prochem gold, wool safe , great results with both , and I reckon at £2.00 cost per 6x8ftsq rug. Simon

Sergio

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 08:33:29 pm »
To be honest the cost of pre spray is negligible.
But I use a ph neutral one but always test before cleaning.
Although it may be negligible, it is always a cost

Sergio

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 08:35:23 pm »
I use Alltec rug cleaner prespray and ther killim cleaner ,all good and sometimes prochem gold, wool safe , great results with both , and I reckon at £2.00 cost per 6x8ftsq rug. Simon
Alltec Rug Cleaner and Prochem Prespray Gold are the best detergents for low cost and good quality?

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 09:04:49 am »

[/quote]Although it may be negligible, it is always a cost
[/quote]

Fair point but it would be in pence per square meter.

If you are charged for water and electric plus fuel then they would be bigger costs.

If you use a colloid cleaner like bio clean or M power then you are looking at a dilution of 120 to 1 or 8.3 mils per litre. 5 lts cost £45 concentrate. Guessing now but probably .01 of a pence per square metre.

The Alltec detergent one probably works out at .05 pence per sqmt.  So it is really negligible.

I guess a better question would be how much profit can you make per 5 lts of concentrate. That depends on what you charge. 

Sergio

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 08:47:31 pm »

Although it may be negligible, it is always a cost
[/quote]

Fair point but it would be in pence per square meter.

If you are charged for water and electric plus fuel then they would be bigger costs.

If you use a colloid cleaner like bio clean or M power then you are looking at a dilution of 120 to 1 or 8.3 mils per litre. 5 lts cost £45 concentrate. Guessing now but probably .01 of a pence per square metre.

The Alltec detergent one probably works out at .05 pence per sqmt.  So it is really negligible.

I guess a better question would be how much profit can you make per 5 lts of concentrate. That depends on what you charge.
[/quote]
MPower is harmful for oriental rugs!

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 06:10:42 am »
M Power isn't harmful for rugs. I have cleaned hundreds of wool hand woven rugs using M Power.

What makes you say its harmful and how is it harmful?

Sergio

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 10:08:16 am »
M Power isn't harmful for rugs. I have cleaned hundreds of wool hand woven rugs using M Power.

What makes you say its harmful and how is it harmful?
The 10.5 ph is too high for oriental wool rugs

For Oriental wool rug  need from 5 to 8 PH

Robin Ray

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 05:41:42 pm »
I believe that M power is woolsafe approved, it may be ph 10.5 in concentrate but don't believe it is the same when diluted in solution.
Restoremates BioClene is essentially the same product https://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/sec6ab5c93514/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/RCBC5 I used it today on some blood on a wool carpet and it worked quite well.

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 06:09:00 pm »
M Power is certified woolsafe. I am not sure of its ph . But like  I said I have cleaned many rugs and wool carpets with it.

I have never had an issue using it.

Sergio

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 09:16:31 pm »
I believe that M power is woolsafe approved, it may be ph 10.5 in concentrate but don't believe it is the same when diluted in solution.
Restoremates BioClene is essentially the same product https://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/sec6ab5c93514/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/RCBC5 I used it today on some blood on a wool carpet and it worked quite well.
Restoremate BioClene is same product? Are you sure about it?
Restoremate BioClene= 5L x 29,90£
M-Power= 5L x 46,98£

How to explain this difference in costs?

Robin Ray

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 09:51:41 pm »
Restoremate BioClene is same product? Are you sure about it?
Restoremate BioClene= 5L x 29,90£
M-Power= 5L x 46,98£

How to explain this difference in costs?

They are both colloidal products. They both have exactly the same dilution ratios.  They both have exactly the same ph. They are both the same colour. They both have the same smell. They are both manufactured to do exactly the same thing.

I can't explain the price difference.

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2019, 07:08:19 pm »
M Power is woolsafe approved which incurs a cost. As you say Sergio anything no matter how negligible is a cost. Maybe that accounts for the difference.
On the face of it they look very similar but they are branded and marketed by 2 different companies. You could argue the same with all carpet or rug cleaning companies. On the surface it is all the same but we all have different business models and costs so the price varies.
Either way both good products both very economical and both great on wool providing you know what your doing.
Hope this helps

Sergio

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 05:45:42 pm »
When I wash the wool oriental rugs with a single-brush machine, which shampoo is suitable among these 2 shampoo?

https://prochem.co.uk/product/contract-carpet-foam-shampoo-5l/
https://prochem.co.uk/product/fibre-shampoo-5l/

Thanks

Robin Ray

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 11:54:55 pm »
When I wash the wool oriental rugs with a single-brush machine, which shampoo is suitable among these 2 shampoo?

Thanks

They are both ph neutral products.

Sergio

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2019, 09:32:38 am »

Thanks

They are both ph neutral products.

What are the differences between these shampoos and the Prspray Gold?
What is the most recommended product by Prochem for washing oriental wool rugs with a single brush?

Robin Ray

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2019, 12:41:49 pm »
Prespray Gold is a prespray and designed to be extracted. Shampoos are designed to crystallise and encapsulate the soil, and be vacuumed out later. Therefore the Prochem shampoo products would be more suitable to use alone with a single brush machine. As to what product is better depends entirely on the fabric type, texture, construction, dyes used, soil type and level of soiling. You could try emailing Prochem for their opinion of what you should use from their range for your application.

Sergio

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 04:08:26 pm »
I washed oriental handmade wool rugs with Prochem Prespray Gold. I also washed handmade oriental wool rugs with shampoo.
In both cases I used the same mono-brush, in both cases the products made a lot of foam, in both cases I rinsed the carpets with an injection / extraction machine with water and Prochem Fiber & Fabric Rinse. In both cases the result was satisfactory. After these tests, however, I have not yet figured out what is the most suitable product for washing oriental handmade wool rugs. Maybe I should just make an economic assessment?
In the UK, do you generally use prespray or shampoo to wash oriental handmade wool carpets?

Robin Ray

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 05:45:08 pm »
I washed oriental handmade wool rugs with Prochem Prespray Gold. I also washed handmade oriental wool rugs with shampoo.
In both cases I used the same mono-brush, in both cases the products made a lot of foam, in both cases I rinsed the carpets with an injection / extraction machine with water and Prochem Fiber & Fabric Rinse. In both cases the result was satisfactory. After these tests, however, I have not yet figured out what is the most suitable product for washing oriental handmade wool rugs. Maybe I should just make an economic assessment?
In the UK, do you generally use prespray or shampoo to wash oriental handmade wool carpets?

I would recommend attending a rug cleaning course, as cleaning rugs seems to be your main source of income.  To answer your question regarding what products are used in the uk it depends very much on the fibre type, construction, stability of dyes, soil type, soil level, customer budget, equipment available, if the rug is cleaned in situ or at a plant, etc ... ... ....

Do you use a spanner or a screwdriver to fix a car? ..... What are more suitable to fix cars with, spanners or screwdrivers?