Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: Rude people when canvassing
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2019, 09:03:09 am »
Yeh forget the canvassing.  ;D

I hate it as you do get people like this and it puts me off.

I don't blame them who like people knocking on the door I know I dont.

Personally I'd rather pay others to canvass or pay for other forms of marketing rather than do it myself.

Yes it's more expensive but I would rather not have the stress.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2019, 09:53:59 am »
Spot on I think Gomo.

You're on my territory. You came to me. I didn't ask you to knock. No thanks go away. And certainly don't smirk at me.

G Griffin

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2019, 10:50:54 am »
I notice these rude people really get under my skin, how can I deal with this better?
It did annoy me a lot.
He asked this though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Slacky

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 12:14:41 pm »
how can I deal with this better?
It did annoy me a lot.

Dont take it personally. If it wasn't you knocking it'd be someone else and they'd get the same treatment.

It says more about her than about you. Thats what I think about people like this.

Johnny B

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2019, 01:26:15 pm »
Had a really rude person today while canvassing.
I was giving a guy a quote for front & back, he seemed pleasant then out of nowhere his gf/wife came to the door, she was polish, she just interrupted and starting saying to him “what?” In a rude manner he replied to her saying “it’s about window cleaning” she turned to me and said in an aggressive manner “how much?” I told her £15 (which is cheap as they had small conservatory) she just shook her head and said I had it done before for £5, I laughed and said no chance, she got all defensive and started saying that was for front I said well front would be £6, she then went quiet the husband then carried on talking to me while she gave a constant death stare, I seen her doing it and she didn’t stop, he said he would have a think then get back to me I said thanks and she gave me deep evil stare and slammed door in my face, nastiest evil bitch I’ve seen in a while.
I don’t think they will call and to be honest I don’t want them to, he seemed ok but noway I would want to deal with her.
I notice these rude people really get under my skin, how can I deal with this better?
It did annoy me a lot.

When a prospective customer tries to haggle, they may genuinely feel that the price they had in mind was reasonable, because very few of them will realize what overheads or business expenses we incur. So instead of laughing in their face, why not try to see it from their side and, without explaining that running your business costs this or that, just politely, firmly but in a gentle way, repeat your price and say that you will leave it with them. Thank them for their time, bid them good day and walk away. You will have been polite, professional, but not pushy, all qualities which will not have failed to create a good first impression. You may get a call from them, you may not, but you'll feel good about how you handled the situation which will help you keep positive when you knock the next door.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Caleb Morley

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2019, 04:19:04 pm »
Had a really rude person today while canvassing.
I was giving a guy a quote for front & back, he seemed pleasant then out of nowhere his gf/wife came to the door, she was polish, she just interrupted and starting saying to him “what?” In a rude manner he replied to her saying “it’s about window cleaning” she turned to me and said in an aggressive manner “how much?” I told her £15 (which is cheap as they had small conservatory) she just shook her head and said I had it done before for £5, I laughed and said no chance, she got all defensive and started saying that was for front I said well front would be £6, she then went quiet the husband then carried on talking to me while she gave a constant death stare, I seen her doing it and she didn’t stop, he said he would have a think then get back to me I said thanks and she gave me deep evil stare and slammed door in my face, nastiest evil bitch I’ve seen in a while.
I don’t think they will call and to be honest I don’t want them to, he seemed ok but noway I would want to deal with her.
It did annoy me a lot.

Don't worry about it.

Just move on.

Ooooooog

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2019, 04:25:56 pm »
Some will, some won’t, so what. Just move on.......