Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

Hello Cleantalk ... Jaguar 8.4 review
« on: April 27, 2019, 07:29:03 pm »
   Haha  , this guy timyeater was posting videos how of great has new  jaguar was for a few months , they often featured on cleantalk ...  then he started having issues .... and opened her up to see whats inside  ...    :-X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4AvJ3sfluw

john martin

Re: Hello Cleantalk ... Jaguar 8.4 review
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 07:33:23 pm »

Raymondo

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 05:22:15 pm »
We use a airflex mini for when we cant get to a place with the TM. But have not used it for 18 months.

There is a few large portable the Jag, storm, ashleys endeavour and alltecs offering.

Would like to get them all in a room with 50 feet of hose on each then do a comparison  of each one vac power etc, ease of emptying and filling and maintenance.

Its funny those that have them fitted in a van and say they have a TM its no where nears a TM in performance.

john martin

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 06:10:26 pm »
good point about compairing all the features  , even at that though youd have to live with a machine for a while to see its faults or strengths , and yes a two vac is no TM , although if your only experience is an express , you would see a good improvement with a 6.6/8.4 machine , two inch plumbing  , still no TM  ...  four motors in series/parallel starts to get interesting .

My issue with the Jag would not be the 8.4s suction ,    more the shocking build quality  ,  when you compare the likes of the way the motors are mounted in an enforcer ( or storm alltec etc )  metal mounting plates , several bolts , manifolds etc , you couldnt dislodge them with a bomb  ....    but the Jaguar motors  .... held in place with a big hoseclip and a dab of glue  ...  its insane  , the likes of JB and NVW know well this is a cheaply made junk box  , its almost immoral for them to sell it  .
I see they sent one to a guy in new zealand and its giving him trouble  ... but its like , ah shi1t happens with portables buddy , your own your own now  .
Well you can be sure if he'd imported a proper Uk machine it wouldnt be falling apart on him ,

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 08:59:23 am »
I had the Scorpion triple vac.

Fab machine performance wise and very reliable.

My issue was exactly the same as this guy's, when you need to do something inside the guts of the machine it's a real pain.

Like most portables, they are relatively simple to replace vacs/ pumps etc but these machines are let down with having to take tanks off and access to everything. I think the bigger Alltec machines are the same.

That's why I changed to other makes of machine and never looked back since.

john martin

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 12:51:04 pm »
Taking off the tanks though were the least of the guys problems there .
His main issues were ...thermal fuse cutting out motors due to lack of cooling ....no fans ...a UK machines tend to have about two fans .
The internal hose flanges were simply glued to the motors  .... As u know any glue in a hot ,wet , vibrating place is going to break off at some point .UK machines would be secured with bolt mounts or clamped on .
The leaking tank connector was a botch job involving a siliconed washer ....  A UK machine would have proper brass tank connectors ..
Basically he's pizzed that he paid 4000 usd for something that lacks very basic engineering competence.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 06:04:45 pm »
Don't machines sold in the UK get independent testing before being allowed to be sold? You'd think if it was that badly put together it would fail any such tests.

john martin

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 10:30:17 pm »
Don't machines sold in the UK get independent testing before being allowed to be sold? You'd think if it was that badly put together it would fail any such tests.

well the videos look to be taken down for now   ,
id say there is some electrical standards to comply  to  ...      but after that how you assemble and secure components is up to each manufacturer  ,
go the cheap and shoddy route though and it will bite you in the azz  , as it did in this case .

john martin

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 10:52:31 pm »
who knows why he had to take his videos down  ,   but for any latecomers id just include a pic from his machine with the failed glued motor hose flange  ....  and the second pic is the same glue issue from another chaps jag  on the same  thread .

Sergio

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 09:26:18 pm »
I have a Craftex 30:300. I am not very happy with this machine because the suction power is weak

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 10:38:37 pm »
The vac motors in my Scorpion had glued flanges I think. They ran and ran for years without replacement, lasted longer than the Airflex Turbo ones and never had a flange break off. It seemed more vital with the Airflex to run for a few minutes with the lid off after every job and keep the lid off between jobs.

My Scorpion was querky in some ways but a cracking machine performance wise for a portable. Just as someone who liked to be able to work on my own kit when needed the easy access to the internals was what swayed my preferences.

They all spray and suck, some better than others, but to be fair you also get a lot of muppets who treat their machines like trash and then moan like hell when it breaks!

john martin

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 10:54:17 pm »
correction  :D  your scorpion had small internal hoses which were stuffed into the protruding metal flange of the 5.7  .... 
a crude thing to do in itself and not good for airflow as the internal diameter ended up 1 1/4  at best  ....   
but ....   it had little chance of coming off
but using glue to stick a plastic flange to the motor s in the jag .... why would u do that  ...  not only crude and prone to failure but not necessary as ametek make an 8.4 with the metal flange built on .
Its all about saving a $$$ here and there  ...   something like an Enforcer puts that cheap way of doing things to shame .

john martin

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 11:26:42 pm »
The cooling system on an alltec  .... three fans !    vs the cooling system on a Jag  ( what the hell is it ? a discarded piece of vent hose jammed between the motor and hole in side of machine ) 
couple of cents for the jags  vs many  £££   for the alltecs  ....  but the jag costs the same or more than an alltec  :o

john martin

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2019, 12:27:48 am »
Btw , i believe the videos were removed at the request of the machine supplier ' magic wand co '   as some of the comments were reflecting badly on them for selling it in current state .

john martin

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 12:48:05 pm »
and The cub is the tippiest machine on the planet  ... incase you didnt know  ,lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adIlaR5ovF0

John Kelly

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2019, 11:11:45 am »
All equipment sold within the EU has to be CE certified. When we were importing the Prowlers it cost £800 and they even made us make thew holes in the outside frame smaller so kids couldn't put their fingers through onto the hot engine. For electrical equipment the first rule is that any electrics have to totally isolated from water ingress. If any water can ingress the electrics in normal use then that is a fail.