Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: anyone ever took 14 consecutive days off from window cleaning?
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2019, 07:42:52 pm »
it looks like ill be having 15 straight days off as i have a short working week before i go to mexico,really looking forward to it....10 days on holiday and 5 days to get over the jetlag! ;D

Do the council charge you rent if you take a holiday or do they move an asylum seeking family in until you get back? I've never rented, just wondering like.
No, just air bnb it, quids in  :D

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2019, 08:11:00 pm »
it looks like ill be having 15 straight days off as i have a short working week before i go to mexico,really looking forward to it....10 days on holiday and 5 days to get over the jetlag! ;D
....and there I was think you were going on a 5 star holiday for a full fortnight ! you disappoint me  :'(

i could only afford 10 days at a gourmet all inclusive hotel with 24 hr room service on the caribbean coast this year...... ::)roll :'( ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2019, 08:13:45 pm »

Do the council charge you rent if you take a holiday or do they move an asylum seeking family in until you get back? I've never rented, just wondering like.

i sublet it for 10 days! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2019, 09:30:12 pm »
Daz - looks like your the one that works the most - everyone else is having masses more holiday than you - better up those prices  ;)

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Phil J

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2019, 09:35:07 pm »
Take as many holiday's as you can, you're a long time dead Daz!

Dave Willis

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2019, 09:38:47 pm »
I only work 16 hours a week anyway otherwise it messes up my benefits, my pension, six foster kids, carers allowance and disability payments.

lozsing

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2019, 10:17:27 pm »
I take 3 weeks off every September

why?
so I can travel further into Europe without having to turn round lol

lozsing

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2019, 10:19:54 pm »
What is it they say work to live not live for work

Slacky

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2019, 11:28:29 pm »
....and there I was think you were going on a 5 star holiday for a full fortnight ! you disappoint me  :'(

i could only afford 10 days at a gourmet all inclusive hotel with 24 hr room service on the caribbean coast this year...... ::)roll :'( ;D

Daz, room service is called room service because its there 24 hours. It’s there so they can flog your wallet when the restaurants and bars are closed.  Its in all hotels, 1* or 9*, its nothing special.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2019, 09:13:13 am »

Daz, room service is called room service because its there 24 hours. It’s there so they can flog your wallet when the restaurants and bars are closed.  Its in all hotels, 1* or 9*, its nothing special.

24 room service is part of the all inclusive so no extra charges in our hotel.... 8)

That's the difference.....

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2019, 09:52:25 am »

24 room service is part of the all inclusive so no extra charges in our hotel.... 8)

Couldn’t pay me to go AI. Too chavvy. Much prefer wandering around finding nice places to eat/drink.
Not just stuck in the same place with a ridiculous bracelet just to order local beers etc.
Each to their own though.

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2019, 04:56:25 pm »

Couldn’t pay me to go AI. Too chavvy. Much prefer wandering around finding nice places to eat/drink.
Not just stuck in the same place with a ridiculous bracelet just to order local beers etc.

the place were staying at is as far from chavvy as you could imagine mate,in places like this its not just local drinks that are included in the AI but all the international brands too....not that it bothers me as i dont drink but my missus does.... 8)

nathankaye

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2019, 05:03:45 pm »
Sometimes, some people on here have got their heads that far up their own ass, I'm surprised they don't suffocate
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2019, 06:28:25 pm »

the place were staying at is as far from chavvy as you could imagine mate,in places like this its not just local drinks that are included in the AI but all the international brands too....not that it bothers me as i dont drink but my missus does.... 8)

But still stuck in the same boring restaurant every night with the same boring value for moneyers.

No thanks.

Slacky

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2019, 06:47:00 pm »
I can't abide hotel food. Take me out of the place and let me taste the locals grub. I go away to taste the place as well as soak up the sun.

Just as well sit under a sun-bed for two weeks if you're not going to absorb the culture.

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2019, 06:53:19 pm »

But still stuck in the same boring restaurant every night with the same boring value for moneyers.

No thanks.

theres 11 restaurants in our hotel! ;D

gourmet all inclusive is different than the normal AI places.....its adults only so no kids which is great......the food will be outstanding.....the yanks holiday in mexico a lot and they dont put up with bad food/service like some british do.... ;)

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2019, 06:57:35 pm »
I can't abide hotel food. Take me out of the place and let me taste the locals grub. I go away to taste the place as well as soak up the sun.

Just as well sit under a sun-bed for two weeks if you're not going to absorb the culture.

ill go to a cenote and do some outdoor swimming one day and a trip to chichen itza,the rest will be chilling out round the pool,gym and getting my leg over....as well as eating fantastic food every day with no cooking or washing up required.. :D

Stoots

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2019, 07:34:39 pm »
Don't think I've been to a hotel since I was a kid.

We go abroad at least once a year but always go self catering.

Prefer my own space in a holiday home or villa

deeege

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2019, 07:51:48 pm »

No thanks.

gourmet all inclusive is different than the normal AI places.....its adults only so no kids which is great......the food will be outstanding.....the yanks holiday in mexico a lot and they dont put up with bad food/service like some british do.... ;)

The above bolded part is good enough reason to avoid holidaying in Mexico imo 😂
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2019, 08:57:58 pm »

No thanks.

That didn’t sound too bad....TIL you said about the yanks!!! Loud mouthed uncouth moddeds  >:(