Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PhillR

Thermopure Delivery Unit
« on: April 17, 2019, 12:34:05 pm »
Hi one & all

HEEEELP! I’ve been in the window cleaning game for near on 20 years, I do both traditional and WFP cleaning.

A year ago I decided to splash out and buy a new van as well as a new 800lt Thermopure Delivery unit from a reputable company based in Swindon

Since day 1 the Hot water system has never produced hot water, the reputable company from Swindon have had 3 attempts at repair / replace parts but to no avail, I still can’t get hot water!! Apparently it’s something to do with the Webasto equipment?

Both pumps work fine on the cold feed but as soon as I turn the heater switch on it drains the voltage straight away thus not allowing the water to heat!

If I keep the van engine running then the system works fine, but this defeats the object as I can’t have the van unlocked and running whilst working away from it, plus it burns diesel as does the system.

It’s all above me to be honest, all I want is a fully operational system, fit for purpose and able to produce hot water at literally a flick of a switch (as advertised)

Does anyone out there have any idea on what the issues could be please and any idea on resolving the issues?

All the best, Phill

simon w

Re: Thermopure Delivery Unit
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 08:17:29 pm »
Phil move this to the window cleaning section it'll get more views and answers to your questions.

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 08:50:01 pm »
I would go back to the reputable company and tell them to sort it out if they couldn’t or wouldn’t then I would take legal action against them , from first hand experience of this reputable company , they try and fob you off untill   legal action is mentioned , then the offer compensation 😂😂😂. Speak to the top man  don’t waist your time emailing they don’t reply , phone and ask to speak to either RR or JM , Ime sure you know who I mean , RR is the best one to get results from . Good luck getting it sorted , when it works they are good systems , I have had two of them but now gone over to the Grippatank two hot hoses instead of one .

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 08:52:53 pm »
Sounds like the battery is knackered these heaters do use a lot of power I run mine with two batteries 180 Amps each , never have a problem, but do charge them every night with a smart charge system

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 10:48:39 pm »
Hi one & all

HEEEELP! I’ve been in the window cleaning game for near on 20 years, I do both traditional and WFP cleaning.

A year ago I decided to splash out and buy a new van as well as a new 800lt Thermopure Delivery unit from a reputable company based in Swindon

Since day 1 the Hot water system has never produced hot water, the reputable company from Swindon have had 3 attempts at repair / replace parts but to no avail, I still can’t get hot water!! Apparently it’s something to do with the Webasto equipment?

Both pumps work fine on the cold feed but as soon as I turn the heater switch on it drains the voltage straight away thus not allowing the water to heat!

If I keep the van engine running then the system works fine, but this defeats the object as I can’t have the van unlocked and running whilst working away from it, plus it burns diesel as does the system.

It’s all above me to be honest, all I want is a fully operational system, fit for purpose and able to produce hot water at literally a flick of a switch (as advertised)

Does anyone out there have any idea on what the issues could be please and any idea on resolving the issues?

All the best, Phill

If you are running 2 pumps you will draw about 9 to 10 amps from your leisure battery an hour.

A Webasto heater will draw the equivalent of another pump when running but another 4 to 5 pumps when firing up.
Most standard leisure batteries are not capable of supplying that current.

The very fact that it all works fine when your engine is running points to a battery issue.

Both Exide and Numax (and a couple of others) do a leisure battery that's also a starter battery. They are usually 105/110amp and have a CCA rating. They are mainly now used in the caravan industry to power electric motor movers.

The other thing to bare in mind that you can't rely on your split charge relay to keep your leisure battery fully charged - as has been advised by Splash and dash.  Dazmond will tell you that he puts his battery/batteries on charge every night even although he has a battery to battery charger supplied and fitted by Grippatank. He also runs a diesel heater but he is a single operator so uses less power a day.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 08:37:23 pm »
Well that was a waste of time by myself and Splash and dash for spending time replying to this new poster.

This poster hasn't even logged back in to see the answers to his question that we have spent time answering.

All we can hope is that someone else benefited from these suggestions.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)