Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Time waster
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 07:18:39 pm »
You can earn well on certain stuff but the big car showrooms and the like used to be really good earners,I know a couple they do some of these, now we are talking 20-25 10/10ft big panes of glass I’m and out 60-70 quid in and out lol.
There are to many people out there cutting you’re throat on price these days,I’m saying the easy money stuff that you could start at 4-5  in the morning are being done for ridiculously low prices now.
If you’re getting these jobs and getting well paid fair play to you but there’s a hell of a lot of WCs about that are willing to do you’re garage or office block for very little money in comparison to a few years ago,the WFP has crashed prices on a lot of commercial jobs.

windowswashed

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 07:48:11 pm »
Prices on shops use to be good doing trad, WFP or trad shop prices are rubbish now, stopped quoting years ago on shops.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2019, 08:11:36 pm »
I’m not interested in going and pricing a job for 20 quid less than I would normally clean it for I’ve been there years ago,if anything I go well above the price I know most will quote.
The thing is with this job once you have the job more often than not you’ll have it for a long time,I don’t want to be thinking I’ve gone in well under here I could be earning more up the road. £70 for something like the above garden center is not worth the hassle I’ve said it before commercial is not what it was,you used to be home by 12   4-500 hundred pound in the bank.
Those days we’ll and truly over
The tax man must love you,  I take it you’re in the 41% tax bracket with the money you earn?

G Griffin

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2019, 08:23:32 pm »
I’m not interested in going and pricing a job for 20 quid less than I would normally clean it for I’ve been there years ago,if anything I go well above the price I know most will quote.
The thing is with this job once you have the job more often than not you’ll have it for a long time,I don’t want to be thinking I’ve gone in well under here I could be earning more up the road. £70 for something like the above garden center is not worth the hassle I’ve said it before commercial is not what it was,you used to be home by 12   4-500 hundred pound in the bank.
The tax man must love you,  I take it you’re in the 41% tax bracket with the money you earn?
He means 12 midnight.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

james peters

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2019, 09:54:04 pm »
I have noticed nearly all the new start ups are all on fb.  pushing their business through fb.
whilst I know it can get new business , its not for me ...
I am happy to watch them scrabble to get the business of the typical fb majority ... after a one off bargain ....
much prefer lee pryors approach and 8 weeklys approach .
or I should say my way ...
I am not interested in the " how much "  spending time of an evening ping ponging messages back and forth.
poncing over a pound etc.
I now can quote over the phone , or by google maps ... if I get it wrong , I will adjust it. if they don't agree , then they are not for me .

Smudger

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2019, 08:38:33 am »
I have noticed nearly all the new start ups are all on fb.  pushing their business through fb.
whilst I know it can get new business , its not for me ...
I am happy to watch them scrabble to get the business of the typical fb majority ... after a one off bargain ....
much prefer lee pryors approach and 8 weeklys approach .
or I should say my way ...
I am not interested in the " how much "  spending time of an evening ping ponging messages back and forth.
poncing over a pound etc.
I now can quote over the phone , or by google maps ... if I get it wrong , I will adjust it. if they don't agree , then they are not for me .

You mean you give an estimated price over the phone

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2019, 08:57:42 am »
im surprised some of you have any work whatsoever with the terrible attitude you ve got towards potential customers that you ve never given a chance..... ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

Johnny B

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 11:10:16 pm »
im surprised some of you have any work whatsoever with the terrible attitude you ve got towards potential customers that you ve never given a chance..... ::)roll

I agree with you on this Daz. I believe everyone deserves a chance. It's up to them to prove they're worthy of our business. I get a lot of work through Facebook and most of the customers I get through it are sound.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

nathankaye

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 11:51:50 pm »
Ive sparked some debates on pricing on a facebook page, for yorkshire window cleaners.
Im trying to expand in a particular nice area and they have a "hub" in facebook for said area which after jumping through hoops (a set of questions 😂) i have been allowed to join.  My thinking was that it wouldnt be the typical facebook enquiries, but sadly i was wrong, not fully wrong but wrong all the same.
So ive picked up 4 jobs to quote plus a conny roof job.
The roof cleaning job was more of a valet on the conservatory, wanting top windows opened and cleaned in the runs etc.   I quoted accordingly £250 and we agreed this monday. Ten mins ago i get a message blaming mrs that shes organised another quote tomoro so will be in touch.   Ok, thank you n good bye.

Had a call out to a nice mansion and she liked my reviews on reliability.  Yep that should have been a warning bell right there!  So went and quoted over £100 for the windows only to find out the previous chap charged £35 and hence he didnt turn up often and she cant work out why 🤔  its not quite her fault its the numpty who made a huge mistake on pricing. Yet needless to say i dont expect her calling back.

Then the final one, cleaned today and signed upto gocardless straight away all good and 8 wkly cleaning etc etc.  Then i vet a text saying just to let me know she moves out in july and the house mate will take over...........sure they will 🤔🤔

This is why i like my work expanding via recommendations. Not keen on facebook but its what the majority use.   
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2019, 07:16:48 am »
So be the minority.

Feck FB.

Splash & dash

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2019, 07:56:24 pm »

To be honest I never had "those days" myself.  Maybe I was too nervous to price that high for a few hours work - I also thought "too good to be true" and that the person agreeing to such high rates wouldn't pay.

Mind you saying that I recently passed on a nice earner from a neighbour who wanted an office one off clean done on a Sunday. I wasn't interested but passed it on to Dan the Man who got £350 for working eight hours on a Sunday. Not extortionate but a nice earner if like him you view a Sunday as any other day of the week.

The bonus was he was asked to do it again 3 months later and being much less dirty he did it in 6 hours for the same money.

£350 for 8 hours on a Sunday lol  wouldn’t work for that on a week day let alone a Sunday that’s very poor money

P @ F

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2019, 09:31:05 pm »
Is this where the queue starts for the willie wavers 🤣🤣🤣
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

AuRavelling79

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2019, 09:47:27 pm »

To be honest I never had "those days" myself.  Maybe I was too nervous to price that high for a few hours work - I also thought "too good to be true" and that the person agreeing to such high rates wouldn't pay.

Mind you saying that I recently passed on a nice earner from a neighbour who wanted an office one off clean done on a Sunday. I wasn't interested but passed it on to Dan the Man who got £350 for working eight hours on a Sunday. Not extortionate but a nice earner if like him you view a Sunday as any other day of the week.

The bonus was he was asked to do it again 3 months later and being much less dirty he did it in 6 hours for the same money.

£350 for 8 hours on a Sunday lol  wouldn’t work for that on a week day let alone a Sunday that’s very poor money

Yawn.  ::)roll
It's a game of three halves!

Splash & dash

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2019, 10:08:10 pm »

Yawn.  ::)roll

yawn all you like who in there right mind will work 8 hours on a Sunday for that ??? Evan a sole trader going slow should be able to do a minimum of £250-300 for a normal working day Monday to Friday , I know trad cleaners that do £300 per day , unless you are cleaning stuff for very low prices it’s not difficult to achieve those figures starting at 8:30 and home by 15:00 , so why would you work on a Sunday for £350 ??? Madness

Smudger

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2019, 10:11:30 pm »
Oh dear - here we go.........

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2019, 10:45:07 pm »
Well Splash and Dash, not everyone lives in the rarified echelons of window cleaning that you obviously occupy. Read what I wrote again ...

"I wasn't interested but passed it on to Dan the Man who got £350 for working eight hours on a Sunday. Not extortionate but a nice earner if like him you view a Sunday as any other day of the week."

Note especially the bit in red and I'd suggest that most window cleaners offered £350 for a days work would take it.

But not you. So that's fine.
It's a game of three halves!

P @ F

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2019, 01:14:50 am »
I would  work 2 days for that to be honest as it required no stop start malarkey
Some people are just greedy , 175 a day is still 875 for a Mon to Fri
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

harleyman

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2019, 12:41:49 pm »
I must live in the wrong part of the country and shyte prices mmm second thoughts I do

harleyman

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2019, 02:00:48 pm »
I take all this with a pinch of salt its all bravado if you ask me they will have shyte prices like the rest of us ,don't let em fool you

Shrek

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2019, 02:53:49 pm »
I take all this with a pinch of salt its all bravado if you ask me they will have shyte prices like the rest of us ,don't let em fool you

Yes , everyone in the country has ‘shyte ‘ prices  ::)roll

You are Dave f aren’t you? Moved from Yorkshire because of your ‘shyte’ prices to Scotland where prices are still ‘shyte’
 ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

NK will be doing the same move soon 😂