This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

p1w1

Re: Hot water prototype first test
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 04:17:16 pm »
Totally new product designed by me and a friend from scratch.

It will be properly manufactured with the view to sell through somewhere like window cleaning warehouse, gardiners ect ect

Lee, is your friend...H MAN?
;D ;D

Lee Pryor

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 04:19:39 pm »
No my friend is an electrician based in the same yard we are.

The unit is my idea and design  and he is building the prototypes and sourcing manufacturing ect. Then I will be the person marketing and selling it. Stand by for yet another youtube video next year.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2018, 04:21:05 pm »
So I take it this comes with a bloody long extension lead then !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2018, 04:23:34 pm »
Does it plug in at home and stay there or does it come to work with you when its charged ?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2018, 04:27:10 pm »
All will be revealed after we have tested it ourselves over the coming months and after we have a properly produced product

andyM

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2018, 05:02:16 pm »
So I take it this comes with a bloody long extension lead then !

Hope so.
My furthest job is around 14 miles from home!   
One of the Plebs

tlwcs

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2018, 05:09:22 pm »
I formally withdraw my stupid thing to write comment, you remember where you thought I had called you stupid.
Can I be a tester please lol
Good luck with it.
Tony

SB Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2018, 05:10:16 pm »
Well done Lee.
You know I hate your usual threads, for reasons we go in to... . However it's good to see you are using your resources and knowledge to contribute something, which could potentially be quite significant, to your fellow window lickers.
Of course you will gain from it, but from your tone so could a lot of others, which I generally do appreciate.
I might even 'like' a Lee Pryor thread  ;D

Ah Chris...…… Ive got a tear in my eye here mate! x
Have you and Chris got summit going on ? :-* xx
 ;D

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2018, 05:19:25 pm »
If it needs to be plugged in i guess it wont be on demand hot water like a diesel heater then.

itll be similar to an immersion i bet but you wont have to cut a hole in your tank or upgrade your electrics which will suit a lot of window cleaners who want it mainly for frost free working during the winter months...

it wont work for those WCs who cant run an extension lead out to their van though like P@F for example......
price higher/work harder!

LBWCS

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2018, 06:06:20 pm »
What do you expect the cost to be to purchase roughly?

a900

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2018, 06:09:57 pm »
I’m imagining some sort of box that contains a calorifier which is heated from a electric heating element. With the pump input coming through it.  This would then recirculate back to the tank to act as a frost stat for the hoses while at the same time raising the temperature of the water in the main tank.

I’m sure there is something that could go in the calorifier that could hold more heat energy than water (like molten salt) and provide some energy storage when it’s unpluged from the wall for work.

Anywhere near the mark lee?

Stoots

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2018, 06:16:05 pm »
If it needs to be plugged in i guess it wont be on demand hot water like a diesel heater then.

itll be similar to an immersion i bet but you wont have to cut a hole in your tank or upgrade your electrics which will suit a lot of window cleaners who want it mainly for frost free working during the winter months...

it wont work for those WCs who cant run an extension lead out to their van though like P@F for example......

I bet your hoping it's something crap mate.

You'll be gutted if Lee brings out a diesel heater beating contraption for £50 a pop.

;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2018, 06:16:44 pm »
Will it heat the van seats? ;D
Comfortably Numb!

P @ F

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2018, 06:32:29 pm »
Will it heat the van seats? ;D
Dont forget , it has to do the windscreen too  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2018, 06:36:03 pm »
I thought it was going to be Peltier Elements , but the little blighters pull a constant 6 amp each !

Lee Pryor

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2018, 07:23:54 pm »
I really cant say anymore right now until we have a finished product.

I do have an idea of price but again its hard to be sure at this stage. I would like it to be affordable for everyone, thats the idea. I hope to end up at half the price (or better) than diesel.

Jonny 87

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2018, 07:37:33 pm »
It sounds like it’s not going to be on demand hot water which is shame.

I was almost worried id spent 5grand on my grippa system for nothing.  ;D

I’m curios as to how this will be better than an immersion if it’s a plug in at home job?

Time will tell I guess.

I always like new innovations so well done.

Hopefully it all works out. 👍
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

P @ F

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2018, 07:43:01 pm »
All I need to know is ....does it need hoses or wires to the van overnight , if so then im out  :'(
And its gonna have to be less than half a diesel too !

NWH

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2018, 07:44:08 pm »
Drop your van off pick it up with hot water lol,you can’t ask for anything simpler than that 😊.
To see any benefit of hot water it needs to be hot firstly not warm,someone said on here the benchmark temperature for better quicker cleaning results are between 55-70 degrees I think I’m right in saying,that’s very true.
Anything lower will obviously keep you working in cold weather but as far as cleaning results go on ground on dirty and geeen PVC it needs to be that sort of temperature above to be worth it.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2018, 07:52:41 pm »
Drop your van off pick it up with hot water lol,you can’t ask for anything simpler than that 😊.
To see any benefit of hot water it needs to be hot firstly not warm,someone said on here the benchmark temperature for better quicker cleaning results are between 55-70 degrees I think I’m right in saying,that’s very true.
Anything lower will obviously keep you working in cold weather but as far as cleaning results go on ground on dirty and geeen PVC it needs to be that sort of temperature above to be worth it.

I believe I was the person that said that. Its true it needs to be hot not warm. This is one of the design challenges we are working on.

I really want to say more!