Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Pryor

Hot water prototype first test
« on: December 14, 2018, 11:57:51 am »
We have a long way to go but yesterday I got to see the early version of my idear work for the first time.

I hope to bring this product to the market within 12 months. We are working on the final design and features now as well as patents.

This will make hot water affordable to everyone in our little industry and will be very easy to use. Nothing like it is out there right now. I cant see many many 4/5 grand diesel heaters selling after I bring this out.

Watch this space.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Dave Willis

Re: Hot water prototype first test
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 12:19:08 pm »
That idear sounds an ideal idea.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 12:35:16 pm »
We have a long way to go but yesterday I got to see the early version of my idear work for the first time.

I hope to bring this product to the market within 12 months. We are working on the final design and features now as well as patents.

This will make hot water affordable to everyone in our little industry and will be very easy to use. Nothing like it is out there right now. I cant see many many 4/5 grand diesel heaters selling after I bring this out.

Watch this space.

Yes Lee!  Killing it.

Look forward to hearing more about this.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 01:12:01 pm »
Get in lee!

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 01:49:29 pm »
Is this something totally inovative your making pal or another window cleaning tool that’s been adapted from another industry?
Only asking as sounds very interesting!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 02:31:53 pm »
Totally new product designed by me and a friend from scratch.

It will be properly manufactured with the view to sell through somewhere like window cleaning warehouse, gardiners ect ect

Bungle

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 03:20:55 pm »
Is it a kettle?
We look at them, they look through them.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 03:29:22 pm »
nope

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 03:29:45 pm »
Me looking forward to seeing what this turns out to be

chris turner

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 03:46:20 pm »
Well done Lee.
You know I hate your usual threads, for reasons we wont go in to... . However it's good to see you are using your resources and knowledge to contribute something, which could potentially be quite significant, to your fellow window lickers.
Of course you will gain from it, but from your tone so could a lot of others, which I generally do appreciate.
I might even 'like' a Lee Pryor thread  ;D

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 03:50:00 pm »
Iv got my 0% credit card ready!!

a900

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 03:51:56 pm »
Will you tell us where the energy source for the heated water comes from...

Michael Peterson

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 03:55:08 pm »
It better not be a hamster in a ball if that’s it I thought of it ages ago

mufcglen

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2018, 03:59:03 pm »

It will be properly manufactured with the view to sell through somewhere like window cleaning warehouse, gardiners ect ect

Brilliant that pal, I use the cheap lpg heaters and never had any issues other than breaking one when it froze a few years ago but I’d certainly be interested in anything that’s abit better built then one of those😉
Hope it goes well pal, the industry needs more innovators rather than the guys who just nick something from another industry and rebadge it lol like a upvc cleaner or a facia cleaning brush that was made for cleaning truck wheels😂

robbo333

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2018, 04:03:39 pm »
Sounds good.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Lee Pryor

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2018, 04:07:05 pm »
Well done Lee.
You know I hate your usual threads, for reasons we go in to... . However it's good to see you are using your resources and knowledge to contribute something, which could potentially be quite significant, to your fellow window lickers.
Of course you will gain from it, but from your tone so could a lot of others, which I generally do appreciate.

Ah Chris...…… Ive got a tear in my eye here mate! x

Lee Pryor

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 04:08:05 pm »
Will you tell us where the energy source for the heated water comes from...

My product will be electric and easy to plug in at home, no installation required.

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 04:15:03 pm »
It has to be Peltier Element based then I reckon !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

robbo333

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 04:16:09 pm »

Lee, is your friend...H MAN?
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!

p1w1

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 04:16:57 pm »
If it needs to be plugged in i guess it wont be on demand hot water like a diesel heater then.

p1w1

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 04:17:16 pm »

Lee, is your friend...H MAN?
;D ;D

Lee Pryor

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 04:19:39 pm »
No my friend is an electrician based in the same yard we are.

The unit is my idea and design  and he is building the prototypes and sourcing manufacturing ect. Then I will be the person marketing and selling it. Stand by for yet another youtube video next year.

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2018, 04:21:05 pm »
So I take it this comes with a bloody long extension lead then !

P @ F

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2018, 04:23:34 pm »
Does it plug in at home and stay there or does it come to work with you when its charged ?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2018, 04:27:10 pm »
All will be revealed after we have tested it ourselves over the coming months and after we have a properly produced product

andyM

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2018, 05:02:16 pm »
So I take it this comes with a bloody long extension lead then !

Hope so.
My furthest job is around 14 miles from home!   
One of the Plebs

tlwcs

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2018, 05:09:22 pm »
I formally withdraw my stupid thing to write comment, you remember where you thought I had called you stupid.
Can I be a tester please lol
Good luck with it.
Tony

SB Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2018, 05:10:16 pm »
Well done Lee.
You know I hate your usual threads, for reasons we go in to... . However it's good to see you are using your resources and knowledge to contribute something, which could potentially be quite significant, to your fellow window lickers.

Ah Chris...…… Ive got a tear in my eye here mate! x
Have you and Chris got summit going on ? :-* xx
 ;D

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2018, 05:19:25 pm »
If it needs to be plugged in i guess it wont be on demand hot water like a diesel heater then.

itll be similar to an immersion i bet but you wont have to cut a hole in your tank or upgrade your electrics which will suit a lot of window cleaners who want it mainly for frost free working during the winter months...

it wont work for those WCs who cant run an extension lead out to their van though like P@F for example......
price higher/work harder!

LBWCS

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2018, 06:06:20 pm »
What do you expect the cost to be to purchase roughly?

a900

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2018, 06:09:57 pm »
I’m imagining some sort of box that contains a calorifier which is heated from a electric heating element. With the pump input coming through it.  This would then recirculate back to the tank to act as a frost stat for the hoses while at the same time raising the temperature of the water in the main tank.

I’m sure there is something that could go in the calorifier that could hold more heat energy than water (like molten salt) and provide some energy storage when it’s unpluged from the wall for work.

Anywhere near the mark lee?

Stoots

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2018, 06:16:05 pm »

itll be similar to an immersion i bet but you wont have to cut a hole in your tank or upgrade your electrics which will suit a lot of window cleaners who want it mainly for frost free working during the winter months...

it wont work for those WCs who cant run an extension lead out to their van though like P@F for example......

I bet your hoping it's something crap mate.

You'll be gutted if Lee brings out a diesel heater beating contraption for £50 a pop.

;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2018, 06:16:44 pm »
Will it heat the van seats? ;D
Comfortably Numb!

P @ F

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2018, 06:32:29 pm »
Will it heat the van seats? ;D
Dont forget , it has to do the windscreen too  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2018, 06:36:03 pm »
I thought it was going to be Peltier Elements , but the little blighters pull a constant 6 amp each !

Lee Pryor

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2018, 07:23:54 pm »
I really cant say anymore right now until we have a finished product.

I do have an idea of price but again its hard to be sure at this stage. I would like it to be affordable for everyone, thats the idea. I hope to end up at half the price (or better) than diesel.

Jonny 87

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2018, 07:37:33 pm »
It sounds like it’s not going to be on demand hot water which is shame.

I was almost worried id spent 5grand on my grippa system for nothing.  ;D

I’m curios as to how this will be better than an immersion if it’s a plug in at home job?

Time will tell I guess.

I always like new innovations so well done.

Hopefully it all works out. 👍
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

P @ F

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2018, 07:43:01 pm »
All I need to know is ....does it need hoses or wires to the van overnight , if so then im out  :'(
And its gonna have to be less than half a diesel too !

NWH

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2018, 07:44:08 pm »
Drop your van off pick it up with hot water lol,you can’t ask for anything simpler than that 😊.
To see any benefit of hot water it needs to be hot firstly not warm,someone said on here the benchmark temperature for better quicker cleaning results are between 55-70 degrees I think I’m right in saying,that’s very true.
Anything lower will obviously keep you working in cold weather but as far as cleaning results go on ground on dirty and geeen PVC it needs to be that sort of temperature above to be worth it.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2018, 07:52:41 pm »
Drop your van off pick it up with hot water lol,you can’t ask for anything simpler than that 😊.
To see any benefit of hot water it needs to be hot firstly not warm,someone said on here the benchmark temperature for better quicker cleaning results are between 55-70 degrees I think I’m right in saying,that’s very true.
Anything lower will obviously keep you working in cold weather but as far as cleaning results go on ground on dirty and geeen PVC it needs to be that sort of temperature above to be worth it.

I believe I was the person that said that. Its true it needs to be hot not warm. This is one of the design challenges we are working on.

I really want to say more!

Jonny 87

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2018, 08:07:39 pm »

I believe I was the person that said that. Its true it needs to be hot not warm. This is one of the design challenges we are working on.

I really want to say more!

What’s the worst that could happen lee. There’s only a few of us in here. Go on,  spill the beans. 😆
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Lee Pryor

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2018, 08:17:28 pm »
I really dont want to at this stage.

I will spill all when I have a finished product that can be purchased there and then by anyone that wants it.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2018, 08:47:07 pm »

Oh FFS...  it's like Groundhog day!!😫😭😭
Comfortably Numb!

Dry Clean

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2018, 08:53:23 pm »
Time you where back in your bed NWH.

nathankaye

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2018, 08:53:58 pm »

I will spill all when I have a finished product that can be purchased there and then by anyone that wants it.

Can u spill the beans once the patent is done?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Lee Pryor

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2018, 09:04:27 pm »
Good point Nathan.

Maybe

P @ F

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2018, 09:23:34 pm »
I love the wait on patent  ;D
This must be proper twisting yer melons Lee  ;D ;D
The minute you make any major part public then patent is out the window matey  ;D ;D ;D

NWH

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2018, 09:33:02 pm »
There’s no short cuts out your hands in your pockets chaps it’s that simple,tinker in your shed trying to build 1 pop out during the evening and check if the blowers still going etc etc.
You could always buy 1 all ready to just switch on and start cleaning windows with,as Wagga would say job done.

a900

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2018, 09:55:19 pm »

O come on. You told us about your plan to start your empire and we didn’t all go copying you and swapping to work in the area you work. We’re not going to steal your heating method. We might just DIY it eventually 😂😂

Lee Pryor

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2018, 09:48:17 am »
Do you really think that a window cleaner copying my idea is the concern?  ::)roll

david mark

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2018, 10:11:32 am »
He has to keep it to himself .The big companies in our industry will try to copy his idea. I invented  a valve which clamps to the bottom of the pole in seconds and can be transferred to any pole .

a900

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2018, 10:30:22 am »
Untimatly if he’s got a good product it’s going to be hard not to have the window cleaning suppliers copy.

No one has the sole rights to diesel heaters in window cleaning. They all do it.

Lee can get his product out long before others do try to copy so he’s known for that product. Like if you want a valve for your pole to stop the flow you just get a univalve. Copies can’t match upto it. And it’s what exceed is know for

Slacky

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2018, 12:20:15 pm »
If I had a game changer Id keep it under wraps completely until it was out on the market.

Walls have ears. And so do big competitors.

harleyman

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2018, 01:48:27 pm »
It will be some thing along the lines of a wabasto hot water diesel heaters the ones you get in campers

dazmond

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2018, 03:02:45 pm »

I bet your hoping it's something crap mate.

You'll be gutted if Lee brings out a diesel heater beating contraption for £50 a pop.

;D

i doubt itll be as good as a diesel hot water heater but it might be an option in the winter months for some window cleaners...

the proof is in the pudding......lee said the same last year....and we re all still waiting.......so i wont hold my breath! ;D

i also doubt he d go to all the trouble and expense if there was no money in it for himself so itll be a lot more money than £50 adam!.....

dazmond

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2018, 03:17:01 pm »
If I had a game changer Id keep it under wraps completely until it was out on the market.

Walls have ears. And so do big competitors.

my thoughts exactly.....do you honestly think he s gonna tell us without a patent?lees not stupid.......also prototypes usually need tweaking so need to be tested for several months(even years sometimes)to make the best reliable product.....

dazmond

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2018, 03:19:22 pm »
It will be some thing along the lines of a wabasto hot water diesel heaters the ones you get in campers

are you for real mate? ::)roll ;D

P @ F

« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2018, 04:52:13 pm »

are you for real mate? ::)roll ;D
I was going to say that earlier , what give you the idea he hasnt taken the drift of the thread  ;D

Klean07

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2018, 10:53:28 am »
I reckon Lee is appearing on Dragons Den soon to get a multimillionaire investor onboard hence him keeping quiet.
Good luck Lee I love that programme!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

cleaniac

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2018, 05:00:18 pm »
I reckon Is it a HHO generator, take  a feed from the main tank, pass an electric current through the water to generate HHO gas, ignite that gas under a heat exchanger and hey presto you have hot water, powered by the water.

robbo333

« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2018, 05:13:30 pm »
I am bit like (P&F?) can't park the van near the house.
No idea what this is, but if it is independent of external charging, heats water to a reasonable level and costs around £1,500 quid, then I'm interested.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2018, 09:23:31 pm »
I am bit like (P&F?) can't park the van near the house.
No idea what this is, but if it is independent of external charging, heats water to a reasonable level and costs around £1,500 quid, then I'm interested.

£1500 what a strange coincidence.........................

Splash & dash

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2018, 09:28:00 pm »
I think all this hype is a waist of time , why bother talking about this untill you have something to put on the table , it may well be a game changer , but until it’s out there no one will know so speculation is a complete waist of time , this thread reminds me of solar Steve and the way he carried on

Lee Pryor

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2018, 09:40:26 pm »
I think all this hype is a waist of time , why bother talking about this untill you have something to put on the table , it may well be a game changer , but until it’s out there no one will know so speculation is a complete waist of time , this thread reminds me of solar Steve and the way he carried on

i cant argue with that.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2018, 09:45:06 pm »

i cant argue with that.
Why bother posting the thread then ???

Lee Pryor

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2018, 10:26:50 pm »

Its funny how often I feel the answer is ................................ just think
 i cant argue with that.
Why bother posting the thread then ???

P @ F

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2018, 10:45:17 pm »
In all fairness to Lee , 12 months ago the same thread was posted , it went on for a bit and it turned out that the tech was not quite where it needed to be
This could be the same idea with the tech ready , or it could be a totally different approach with the tech ready , we wont know either way .
But if he comes out and says the same again in 12 months then I think it prudent that we should all meet  up at  his unit and play football with his severed head  ;D ;D ;D
I do think that he has done what he says , but I dont think that it will be do able for everybody , me being one of them I suspect !