Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: fancey w f p systems
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2018, 02:22:59 pm »
ive had strapped in tanks,pumpboxes,cheap gas shower heaters,trolley and barrels,cheap poles,backpacks....as long as you can actually do the job with the equipment you ve got then thats ok....

BUT you cant beat a nice professionally fitted hot system and a decent electric reel and hi mod poles....

YES!the equipment is expensive but it makes your working days easier,more efficient and run smoother.....i enjoy cleaning that little bit more too.....

sod the expense....you only live once and i can afford all the other little luxuries in life like exotic holidays,nice cars etc......so why not?also i want these WFP companies to stay in business!if we all just botched and DIY d everything we,d have no decent equipment at all! :)
price higher/work harder!

Plankton

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2018, 03:02:57 pm »
I've tried the fixed reel and it just doesn't suit me, a reel out the back door gives you greater flexibility and I can get more done without moving the van.
I'll be buying my parts for a two man setup from Gardiners, the cleaning warehouse and I'll pick up another reel from circuit hydraulics and a new battery from wherever. So that's going to be around £650 going through window cleaning suppliers.
Another thing to consider is where the stuff is made and I think the majority of it will be made in Engerland and all will be bought from engerlish suppliers. So I'm now leaving myself open to being criticised for not buying from a local  supplier! 

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2018, 05:00:24 pm »
I would love to install DIY systems as a hobby or for friends in the trade. I think you can do a better job than off the shelf generic main stream systems.

I would basically take the key components from every system I like and incorporate it into my own design. The hardest bit is the tank BUT you can buy off the shelf tanks that can be adapted ;)

We've got 4 grippa systems and i believe a brodex and a diy system. I still HIGHLY rate Grippa.

dd

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2018, 05:42:10 pm »
You can buy custom made tanks.

www.plasticwatertanks.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2018, 06:48:39 pm »
This would do me https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SALE-500L-FRAMED-BUDGET-DI-PURE-WATER-SYSTEM-Kit-2-user-window-cleaning/351934550533?hash=item51f0ef1205:g:9dEAAOxyMd1SFMT7:rk:32:pf:0
Although I'll be strapping the tank in and don't need the di vessel and only need one reel.  Would keep it simple.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2018, 09:31:35 pm »
ive had strapped in tanks,pumpboxes,cheap gas shower heaters,trolley and barrels,cheap poles,backpacks....as long as you can actually do the job with the equipment you ve got then thats ok....

BUT you cant beat a nice professionally fitted hot system and a decent electric reel and hi mod poles....

YES!the equipment is expensive but it makes your working days easier,more efficient and run smoother.....i enjoy cleaning that little bit more too.....

sod the expense....you only live once and i can afford all the other little luxuries in life like exotic holidays,nice cars etc......so why not?also i want these WFP companies to stay in business!if we all just botched and DIY d everything we,d have no decent equipment at all! :)
I was wondering when he would post this^^^
  :D

Plankton

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2018, 09:57:55 pm »
Aye try going exotic holidays with three kids... Should have been going to Cancun at Easter but that's out the window now!

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2018, 12:16:15 am »
Aye try going exotic holidays with three kids... Should have been going to Cancun at Easter but that's out the window now!

Why?has your missus just had triplets? ;D

Plankton

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2018, 10:14:27 am »
Thankfully not. For a week in Mexico it's 4k and for some reason two weeks is off the scale starting at 14k, it was around 6k for two weeks but the Wee man is too wee to go to swine flu country.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2018, 10:33:26 am »
I have been just having a look round at all the new WFP systems some of them  to me are quite fancy, to the new guy starting out must seem a bit daunting  my self personally I like to keep it simple so any issues can be reminded on the job with ease only my opinion mind.

The plethora of seemingly complex systems is one of the reasons I am so reluctant to change from trad.

If someone could show me what the simplest, most basic wfp system possible consists of I would seriously consider looking into it.

John

I would say the easiest most basic system (That is productive) is what I started with (after 2 years of faffing about with a car and trolley etc.)  And it is D-i-Y.

A van.
A Tank. 350 to 500L (Strapped in/caged down safely)
A length of hose from the tank to a filter, pump, hose on reel - in that order.
The reel should sit semi-permanently in a tray by the back doors made of ply and 3 x 2 timber. (but removable to put on the floor when necessary)
Pole hose and a pole. (I used an SLX 35 which I ran as an SLX 20 (with a small end stop and hose splitter) just adding the upper sections when needed.)
A Battery.
An R/O system a 1000L cube tank for storage.

You can put things in cars and trailers and use backpacks and trolleys like I did but I would go straight for the above for a basic one man system.

You can add heat/immersion/extra reels (for serious two man domestic I would have 800L and a 1200K van/ for hubby and wife boogie along then a 650L plus 1000KG would do.)
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2018, 12:29:52 pm »
Thankfully not. For a week in Mexico it's 4k and for some reason two weeks is off the scale starting at 14k, it was around 6k for two weeks but the Wee man is too wee to go to swine flu country.

Really?.....we are staying in a gourmet all inclusive 5 star hotel with Jacuzzi in the room,11 restaurants ,24 hr room service,10 days,dreamliner plane with extra leg room,late check out for just over 3k in June.....

KS Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2018, 01:28:18 pm »

Really?.....we are staying in a gourmet all inclusive 5 star hotel with Jacuzzi in the room,11 restaurants ,24 hr room service,10 days,dreamliner plane with extra leg room,late check out for just over 3k in June.....
You missed out how much luggage allowance you have😁

Plankton

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2018, 01:40:54 pm »
Sitting here getting nagged at as I'm switching between looking at equipment for a two man setup and holidays when apparently I should be painting two freshly plastered ceilings  ::)roll

Plankton

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2018, 02:56:35 pm »
This is my setup for tomorrow, it shows how little you actually need for window cleaning alone.

robbo333

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2018, 04:47:47 pm »
I have been just having a look round at all the new WFP systems some of them  to me are quite fancy, to the new guy starting out must seem a bit daunting  my self personally I like to keep it simple so any issues can be reminded on the job with ease only my opinion mind.

Good for you!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

SB Cleaning

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2018, 08:44:24 pm »

You really do like waving that Willy don't you Daz ;D :D

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2018, 09:08:58 pm »
Sitting here getting nagged at as I'm switching between looking at equipment for a two man setup and holidays when apparently I should be painting two freshly plastered ceilings  ::)roll

Married life is overrated...... ;D

Plankton

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2018, 10:57:53 pm »
Harleyman did you look into the southside work that was offered?

dazmond

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2018, 11:03:27 pm »
This is my setup for tomorrow, it shows how little you actually need for window cleaning alone.

each to their own but id hate to be lugging that reel in and out of the van all day and reeling in by hand,its a waste of time and energy.my trad gear,cloths,BOAB,etc are near my side door for easy access......

also id get a pole holder ASAP....you only need a black soil pipe or two from b and q and a few heavy duty zip ties to fix it to the roof of your van.job done.also door cards are handy for spare brushes/goosenecks etc.....

Plankton

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2018, 11:18:10 pm »
That's the hire van, I've usually got it in a complete mess with all sorts in there.
It's giving me a blank canvass as well ( same van) so I can plan out the new equipment. The reel to be fair is very light with the 6mm hose.

It should have had a roof rack so that's £250 from two jobs that can't be done. Not told the customers yet that it won't be getting done anytime soon!