This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

harleyman

fancey w f p systems
« on: December 14, 2018, 10:16:26 am »
I have been just having a look round at all the new WFP systems some of them  to me are quite fancy, to the new guy starting out must seem a bit daunting  my self personally I like to keep it simple so any issues can be reminded on the job with ease only my opinion mind.

Plankton

Re: fancey w f p systems
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 10:46:19 am »
What setup are you using just now?

harleyman

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 11:39:40 am »
basic pure freedom I fined them very easy to maintain if any thing goes wrong and easy accessible to fix. doddle

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 01:51:27 pm »
Everyone can buy or spend what you want but a 10k system does the same as a 1k D.I.Y system in that it's pumps pure water to a brush head.

My car gets me to Morrisons just as safely as a Ferrari would. ...without the big grin on my face granted but I'm still buying my spuds for tea either way....

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 02:08:46 pm »
Each to their own on this and it always will be.
Shop at aldi or marks n sparks or waitrose
Drive a ford or a merc
Etc etc

But in our industry, does the client really care what we carry in the back of our van.......erm.....not really.
Most will run their hose under the van etc so the doors are closed to the public eye anyway.
The only ones who really care are us sad window cleaners who just like to know what people are using now a days  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

John Mart

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 02:11:17 pm »
Drive a ford or a merc
Etc etc

But in our industry, does the client really care what we carry in the back of our van.......erm.....not really.
Most will run their hose under the van etc so the doors are closed to the public eye anyway.
The only ones who really care are us sad window cleaners who just like to know what people are using now a days  ;D
Although if a customer does look in, higher prices are much more easily justified if the look in and see a "proper job" rather than a pump box and a strapped in tank.

Plankton

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 06:02:54 pm »
If anyone looks in my van they'll end up with sore eyes, I don't mean I'll punch them! (well depends who's looking) It's just a mess again.
Getting completely emptied tomorrow for the body shop which is a pain but everything can be lifted out and into another van which you'd have problems with doing with a 10k system.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 06:14:43 pm »
Drive a ford or a merc
Etc etc

Although if a customer does look in, higher prices are much more easily justified if the look in and see a "proper job" rather than a pump box and a strapped in tank.

Depends on presentation.  Haha some have very nice systems but the back if their van is a mess and junk scattered all over the place 😂😂

Whereas in mine for instance, all they will see is a reel on a carpeted shelve and a mobile trolley system to its side and some brushes on brackets. Everything else is hidden away.
But yes they will see a large water behind the boards. If they open the side door they will see its securely held by straps and has an immersion heater in it.

Now if they look in the cockpit  ::)roll thats a different story. It aint as clean 🙈
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 09:22:12 pm »
I've only ever had a handfull of customers have any interest whatsoever what is in my van.....I mean literally maybe 4-5 customers have ever said oh this looks interesting.....most couldn't give a flying sausage.

And I would be absolutely amazed if a customer came an looked and said "what is this d.i.y crap I'm not paying £20 a clean if you are not using ionics".

It's all an excuse to buy new shiny gear, if you want it buy it but come on its not needed and our own egos aside it's irrelevant.

I think a lot treat it as a hobby more than a business sometimes...I'd rather buy myself a new bike or a few holidays rather than have an ionics system sat depreciating in my van.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 09:37:13 pm »
You only need a tank reel pole your right but some are better and do more than others,a car will get you from A to B we know that only some will do it better.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 10:04:04 pm »

::)roll ;D
It's a game of three halves!

p1w1

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 10:09:11 pm »
What exactly is a fancy system then ? gold plated pumps or something  ???

Shrek

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 10:18:42 pm »
I have been just having a look round at all the new WFP systems some of them  to me are quite fancy, to the new guy starting out must seem a bit daunting  my self personally I like to keep it simple so any issues can be reminded on the job with ease only my opinion mind.

Why have you been going round looking at people’s systems?

Plankton

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2018, 10:23:42 pm »
I was looking for ideas on youtube but only came across old stuff like GLBT or something like that and most have to much faff going on with hoses sticking out here there and everywhere or wooden panels hiding everything.
Don't know why suppliers can't have an option for a diy system with a drop down menu with everything you need whether it's di or ro (if needed) and all you'd need to do is adjust hose lengths etc. I'm going to write out a parts list and tally it up see if I can get a two man setup for under £1000 excluding poles!

Plankton

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 09:43:33 am »
Here's a tank from xline, bit long at 174cm so Transit Custom with load length 2.4m doesn't leave you with much.

Anyway what do you think...
https://www.xline-systems.co.uk/en/water-fed-pole-systems/purewash-flat-xtank-2/710ltr-purewash-flat-xtank-delivery-unit-detail

harleyman

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 09:59:34 am »
all I am saying there is to much gadgetry all you need  is a pump. tank di  very basic but it works the rest is up to you .so long  as you do the job well there is no need for all the bells and whistles  .

Johnny B

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2018, 12:55:49 pm »

The plethora of seemingly complex systems is one of the reasons I am so reluctant to change from trad.

If someone could show me what the simplest, most basic wfp system possible consists of I would seriously consider looking into it.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 01:25:44 pm »
I was looking for ideas on youtube but only came across old stuff like GLBT or something like that and most have to much faff going on with hoses sticking out here there and everywhere or wooden panels hiding everything.
Don't know why suppliers can't have an option for a diy system with a drop down menu with everything you need whether it's di or ro (if needed) and all you'd need to do is adjust hose lengths etc. I'm going to write out a parts list and tally it up see if I can get a two man setup for under £1000 excluding poles!

Do you mean mine  ;D LGB Vision Window Cleaning?

nathankaye

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 01:45:38 pm »

The plethora of seemingly complex systems is one of the reasons I am so reluctant to change from trad.

If someone could show me what the simplest, most basic wfp system possible consists of I would seriously consider looking into it.

John

This has to be the most simplist and basic system you could possibly have

https://youtu.be/bKb-sjFf5mc

Then improve from there
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 01:57:32 pm »
Thats the one  :) LGB I used to delivery into bars and there was one of similar letters so easy to mix up. I've got a custom as well so I'll maybe look at the vid again, see if I can get some ideas.

That tank I posted above actually just went for £650 black version on ebay, I watched it but 600 mile round trip for something thats 50cm longer than it needs to be put me off.