Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Klean07

Some customers!
« on: December 07, 2018, 08:54:05 pm »
Sorted all my texts out last night for today then about 730 this morning I get a text from one of them to ask me if she could cancel and reschedule due to the heavy rain. I replied with " forecast says its clearing up from around 9am" she replied well it doesn't look like that will happen today from where I'm standing. So I said ok. However as right as right it did clear to bright blue sky all day! I cleaned her neighbours  house and rest of my jobs without any problems! Bet she feels a right twerp now!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

Re: Some customers!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 09:01:40 pm »
This is exactly why we don’t txt customers and explain that we work in all  weather all year round when taking on a new job , that would be an instant dump as far as we are concerned

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 09:05:12 pm »
Hope you dumped her...

Had one similar earlier this year pretty much the same situation it was a £100 6weekly job I had been cleaning her a few years too...I don't stand for that sort of behaviour on my round ;D

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 09:06:23 pm »
Me too , the way I see it Im paid monthly to take a months worth of dirt off , thats what I do .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

tlwcs

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 08:07:23 am »
If you haven’t dumped her, don’t go back before Christmas.
I think if your customers can’t support you a couple of cleans a year on days that may not be the best, then they can dictate to someone else

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 09:05:15 am »
ive only ever had this once........she is no longer a customer.... ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 09:12:49 am »
sometimes the weather can be awful(wet and windy) then an hour later calm and dry.......

some people(and some window cleaners for that matter!)see a bit of dark cloud and rain first thing in the morning and write the day off.....lots of times it doesnt last all day so just go to work regardless of what the weather is like at that moment....

Dry Clean

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 10:54:21 am »
Texting the night before is about as pointless as using hot water on a repeat clean, customers only begrudge paying to have their windows cleaned when the are reminded that they have to pay to have their windows cleaned, when will you guys ever learn.

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 11:24:59 am »
Sorted all my texts out last night for today then about 730 this morning I get a text from one of them to ask me if she could cancel and reschedule due to the heavy rain. I replied with " forecast says its clearing up from around 9am" she replied well it doesn't look like that will happen today from where I'm standing. So I said ok. However as right as right it did clear to bright blue sky all day! I cleaned her neighbours  house and rest of my jobs without any problems! Bet she feels a right twerp now!

I sent my texts out in the morning and 10 mins later the heavens opened in vengence and a heavy downpour came,  to which i got this response.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 12:47:40 pm »
So that was 4 pointless txts then !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 01:19:48 pm »
Texting the night before is about as pointless as using hot water on a repeat clean, customers only begrudge paying to have their windows cleaned when the are reminded that they have to pay to have their windows cleaned, when will you guys ever learn.

most jobs i text the night before is for access so not pointless at all.i also text certain larger stand alone jobs so they know im coming so im not making a wasted journey if their having building work done for example....

also the richer and posher they are the more wary they are of people on their property when their out IMO so i text them so they know ill be there.....

i very rarely get a not today and if i do its usually for a very good reason so it works for me.....

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2018, 01:28:33 pm »
So that was 4 pointless txts then !

I text for gates to be opened, so not pointless as i dont get the
Not today texts etc.
This text back was an opportunity to educate and she checked out my page which did just that and we will have no problems going forward. So absolutely not pointless in my mind
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Klean07

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2018, 01:31:33 pm »
[/quote)

I only text customers that have access issues!!!!!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Walter Mitty

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 02:30:16 pm »
One question I ask myself is: "If this job were a standalone, maybe a mile away from any other job, would I continue cleaning here??"

Michael Peterson

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 03:16:33 pm »
I only text from CleanerPlanner they only need to know when the clean is, there is no debate we clean every 4 weeks regardless there are many other window cleaners who I’m sure would take the customer on (for a while ) if they want to talk they can call our 0800 number and leave a message on our automated system ... some people won’t like this and want the human contact , that’s great they can go with one of the many other window cleaners. We provide an amazing service at a great price, I only want to know if you are a new customer or a leaving customer nothing else. We have expanded regularly for 10 years or so with only customers who don’t want to talk lol

duncan h

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 08:35:06 pm »
I text for gates to be opened. One new ish customer said "don't do them its forecast to pi&^ it down". Do I did all his area and left him. Then the next month I though, sod it and missed him again. He then text asking when they were getting done next as they needed doing desperate. Told him I missed him  again as it looked like rain that day. Then I was out of his areas. He hasn't cancelled again.
I was setting off to work this week at 8am. 2 old bids passing said "you don't do windows in this do you" It had rained all night and just stopped. I said "its not raining !!! and the sun is coming out for 2 hours. They looked at me stupid. The sun came out for 2 hours

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 09:01:56 pm »
I only text from CleanerPlanner they only need to know when the clean is, there is no debate we clean every 4 weeks regardless there are many other window cleaners who I’m sure would take the customer on (for a while ) if they want to talk they can call our 0800 number and leave a message on our automated system ... some people won’t like this and want the human contact , that’s great they can go with one of the many other window cleaners. We provide an amazing service at a great price, I only want to know if you are a new customer or a leaving customer nothing else. We have expanded regularly for 10 years or so with only customers who don’t want to talk lol

Fantastic, thats how i like to run my business.

Minimum contact, i do text but only for locked gates.

I no longer knock on doors on arrival, saves the whole fake smile scenario

turn up and clean and post a note

Dry Clean

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2018, 01:15:26 am »

most jobs i text the night before is for access so not pointless at all.i also text certain larger stand alone jobs so they know im coming so im not making a wasted journey if their having building work done for example....

also the richer and posher they are the more wary they are of people on their property when their out IMO so i text them so they know ill be there.....

i very rarely get a not today and if i do its usually for a very good reason so it works for me.....

My rich posh customers will either have given me a key /  gate code or there will have somebody to let me in, the last thing they would want is to be texted/reminded to unlock a gate, maybe your idea of a posh wealthy customer is different to mine,

John Mart

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2018, 07:57:58 am »
I think a lot depends on where you’re based. I text around 60% I guess. The other thing is if you employ, the employee only has to feel that the ground’s unsafe and they won’t go over a gate.

I text now using a number that can’t be replied to and that cuts out 90% of the “what time” type replies.

dazmond

Re: Some customers! New
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2018, 10:57:44 am »

My rich posh customers will either have given me a key /  gate code or there will have somebody to let me in, the last thing they would want is to be texted/reminded to unlock a gate, maybe your idea of a posh wealthy customer is different to mine,

Most of my bigger posher jobs it's just a courtesy text the night before NOT because of access issues....

These jobs are usually longer frequency jobs......2 or 3 monthly....