Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

combat1

george on tablet
« on: December 07, 2018, 06:58:03 pm »
Can anyone recommend a 10” plus tablet ( windows) that will run George. Going to treat myself for Crimbo! Like Spruce my Palm handheld is on borrowed time.

Den68

Re: george on tablet
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 07:20:15 pm »
I recently tried out a 9” tablet as if was gifted to me and found it a little fiddly even though it was functional My fat fingers struggled pressing the screen went back to print my worksheet out and clipboard and just updated George when I got home.  IMO not much time saving using the tablet.

George on A 9” screen is really small txt.

combat1

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 07:49:21 pm »
Yes, had a 9” ages ago, an HP, it stopped working but whilst it did the text om George was way too small.
My partner has just got a 10.5” fire tablet and the pictures and text are so clear.
Thought George might be better on a larger tablet?

Den68

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 09:08:47 pm »
Yes, had a 9” ages ago, an HP, it stopped working but whilst it did the text om George was way too small.
My partner has just got a 10.5” fire tablet and the pictures and text are so clear.
Thought George might be better on a larger tablet?

Suppose the only way to find out is to try it.

Sorry I can’t recommend a tablet but I remember a year or so ago someone mentioned the lynx tablet were good for the money but I have never seen or used one.

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 09:35:51 pm »
I tried it on a tablet. Way too fiddly to be useful.

Best way to use George is just print a full weeks of sheets of in one go imo.

windowswashed

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 11:42:43 pm »
Linx 10 tablet or 7inch, fits in a cargo pocket

rosskesava

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 12:45:53 am »
Suppose the only way to find out is to try it.

Sorry I can’t recommend a tablet but I remember a year or so ago someone mentioned the lynx tablet were good for the money but I have never seen or used one.

I have a 10" lynx tablet that I bought purely for using George. I think it was around the £150 mark from Argos.

Having used George for around 12 years or so and then having loads of problems with it on Windows 7, and then more problems with it on the tablet, and with the the blokes seemingly uninterested attitude despite plenty of emails and still more problems, I ditched George.

I now use Google calendar for all appointments and buy all my stuff as well as paying in cash/cheques/bank transfers using a Monzo card which display a break down of all expenses/receipts on my phone.

I'm sorry to say, in my opinion only, George is 'a has been'.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

windowswashed

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 02:43:20 am »
I have a 10 & 7 linx and have used George with windows 7 & 10 on a pc and both linx with no problems. I've had to email Paul with regards George window cleaning program in the past and he always answered and helped resolving problems promptly.

I have used George for twenty years and highly recommend it for my purposes being a sole trader. Even when I was an employer i managed sufficiently with it. I tried a few other window cleaning programs but owing to lack of support from the owners of these programs i aborted using them when problems occured and will stick with George until my window cleaning days come to an end.

richard connett

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 11:24:27 am »
One more here for lynx10
Has a detachable keyboard , I run it solely for George and window cleaning bits so it stays responsive.

combat1

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 02:13:15 pm »
Thanks all.