This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne m

Phantom hi mod or carbon
« on: November 23, 2018, 08:12:51 am »
I'm going to make an order in the next hour but want your thoughts on which one to get? Single operator so only me using it but how robust are the hi mod versions over the carbon ones as a lot of money's difference? I don't wash and clean my pole every week just when I think about it? Cheers

dazmond

Re: Phantom hi mod or carbon
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 08:56:44 am »
hi mod poles will wear out quicker  than a cheaper carbon pole but are easier to use day to day.......

i use an xtreme 25 as my day to day pole and i can reach 90% of my work with it...i dont know how window cleaners use an 18 or 22 as their day to day poles,far too short for me(and im 6ft 2in with long arms!) ;D
price higher/work harder!

wayne m

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 09:13:10 am »
Same I use an slx25 as every day Pole but want to give these phantoms a go

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 10:11:37 am »
I use the top 4 sections of an extreme (so 20ft) as my everyday pole for absolute lightness and a bit of reach over an 18. It has lasted me 20 months so far and at 18 months I gave it a thorough clean and new tapes and it was working well.

At the same time I bought new clamps as I had heard that people were replacing them every two years or so if they are their main working pole and I have just put them on with a new Gardiner Ultimate Dupont brush and it feels like new again.

For high reach I have an old style extreme 47 which I have had for over 4 years now which is great too.

Having used SLX's as my everyday poles I would agree with Daz and think that hi mod extremes will wear quicker than SLX's. The new Phantoms are an unknown quantity at the moment but we should know when users have had them a while - what is the availability of spares like?
It's a game of three halves!

wayne m

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 12:49:05 pm »
Unsure of the spare parts but surely they must be making them more available as time goes on. I’ve bit the bullet and ordered the hi-mod 25 so will just have to make sure I pay more attention to the maintenance of it and let you know how I get on with it. Cheers for the replies

NWH

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 01:03:39 pm »
I held a 22 top of the range phantom yesterday not in the same league as an extreme.

Stephen Fox

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2018, 01:30:01 pm »
Unsure of the spare parts but surely they must be making them more available as time goes on. I’ve bit the bullet and ordered the hi-mod 25 so will just have to make sure I pay more attention to the maintenance of it and let you know how I get on with it. Cheers for the replies

A lot of customers taking advantage of the 10% offer on the Phantoms today. The Hi-Mod 25 is proving very popular.  All spare parts will be available shortly.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 02:35:54 pm »
The facelift neon is worth a look...

24/% off so coming in at 500 quid all in delivered for the 22=

Lighter than the extreme and phantoms.

I am tempted myself but I've just bought a new bike lol so can't justify and other big spend before crimbo.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 03:48:03 pm »
hi mod poles will wear out quicker  than a cheaper carbon pole but are easier to use day to day.......

i use an xtreme 25 as my day to day pole and i can reach 90% of my work with it...i dont know how window cleaners use an 18 or 22 as their day to day poles,far too short for me(and im 6ft 2in with long arms!) ;D
Surely it’s not too difficult to understand how some can use an 18’ pole as their day to day poles?
Because an 18’ pole can’t reach the majority of your work doesn’t mean that’s the case for everybody.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 03:58:44 pm »
25ft extreme allows me to reach velux Windows also and 3rd floor dormers,I think a 22 would be ideal for most but it would be a pain to have to go back to the van for 1 window.

wayne m

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2018, 04:07:43 pm »
I held a 22 top of the range phantom yesterday not in the same league as an extreme.
In what way

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 04:27:59 pm »

Surely it’s not too difficult to understand how some can use an 18’ pole as their day to day poles?
Because an 18’ pole can’t reach the majority of your work doesn’t mean that’s the case for everybody.

must have a round full of small houses then with no extensions or conservatories on the back as i sure couldnt work with anything less than a 25...in fact i need the full 25 ft to reach the 1st floor windows on some properties....

Slacky

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 05:04:53 pm »
25ft extreme allows me to reach velux Windows also and 3rd floor dormers,I think a 22 would be ideal for most but it would be a pain to have to go back to the van for 1 window.

You wouldn’t go back to the van for 1 window. If you have a window your everyday Pole can’t reach you do the whole house with the 25’.

Dry Clean

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 05:22:28 pm »

Would say the clue is in the long arms and I suspect well worn knuckles. lol

KS Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 07:07:47 pm »

must have a round full of small houses then with no extensions or conservatories on the back as i sure couldnt work with anything less than a 25...in fact i need the full 25 ft to reach the 1st floor windows on some properties....
Sounds like a nightmare round to me😂

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2018, 08:44:09 pm »

That can be read both ways NWH - please tell us more!
It's a game of three halves!

mufcglen

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 08:06:01 am »

Yes I’m interested in why too, if you mean the phantom isn’t as good I’d like to know why you think that pal as I’ve seen so many comments on various forums now from lads who have come from gardiner poles saying they wouldn’t go back after using the phantom :-\

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2018, 01:08:53 pm »

Yes I’m interested in why too, if you mean the phantom isn’t as good I’d like to know why you think that pal as I’ve seen so many comments on various forums now from lads who have come from gardiner poles saying they wouldn’t go back after using the phantom :-\

you ve just ordered one!so you can be our guinea pig on CIU!keep us posted over the next few years to see how it wears... :)

NWH

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2018, 01:44:08 pm »
It was a carbon phantom 22 the clamps were good as ever it felt as heavy as an slx if not heavier it was whippy too.

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2018, 01:50:17 pm »
It was a carbon phantom 22 the clamps were good as ever it felt as heavy as an slx if not heavier it was whippy too.

it was probably NOT a high mod pole then and facelifts SLX equivalent......