This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Phantom hi mod or carbon
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2018, 02:06:02 pm »
Yeah it can’t have been the light version then it was carbon but obviously not the high mod carbon.

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 02:46:36 pm »
The phantom carbon is the same as the SLX

And the hi mod phantom is the same as the xtream 

I think it may have been a basic carbon phantom, as I really can’t see much difference in weight between the hi mod phantom and the xtreme X3

I personally prefer the clamps on the phantom, with time we will see if they reduce the wear on the pole sections

wayne m

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2018, 04:22:44 pm »
I'll give you an update after Using the high mod 25 for a while and see how the wear goes

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2018, 07:56:04 pm »
Have you got the.pole Wayne ?
Spit and polish

wayne m

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2018, 08:22:10 pm »
I have but literally only been using it today. Feels really rigid when extended, clamps don't need to be done up tight at all but really grips the sections solid. The precision angle neck and quick release socket for brush are better than gardiners in my opinion but swapped it over to Gardiner swivel neck as used to using one now but will be swapping to phantoms when they release one. 

mufcglen

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2018, 09:24:26 pm »
Which version phantom did you go for pal, Carbon or hi mod?

wayne m

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2018, 07:06:05 am »
Went for the hi mod, I'll use it for a couple more days and give an update

mufcglen

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2018, 02:12:37 pm »
Went for the hi mod, I'll use it for a couple more days and give an update

whats your impressions so far then pal ;D

wayne m

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2018, 06:21:41 pm »
So far so good, obviously haven't been using it long enough to notice wear on the sections yet but I've been using it as I would my slx 25 shutting the odd window and fully extended over garages etc and doesn't feel like I'm going to break it, after reading stories about the extreme being delicate I was a little worried as this must be delicate too but feels ok to me, obviously  it's lighter than my slx which is why I chose it as my shoulder is playing up and it's even lighter than the extreme 25 but the price tag over an slx is a lot more and now after owning my first lightweight pole not sure this or even and extreme is worth the extra just to save about 340 grams (can of corned beef) if you have no injuries or problems in my opinion but I know others will disagree. I think I would still choose the phantom carbon over the slx if I didn't have my hi mod as the clamps are better and also like the no glue to fix one if one breaks and the adjustable angle neck and quick release system is better (sorry mr Alex Gardiner) . If you need anymore info I'll try and help you out?

wayne m

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 06:34:32 pm »
I might get the slx out again tomorrow and do one or two houses with it to see if I notice the difference now after using the lightweight one for a few weeks and then make myself realise why I got it and how it does make a difference having a lightweight pole after all. 

p1w1

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2018, 08:36:39 pm »
I might get the slx out again tomorrow and do one or two houses with it to see if I notice the difference now after using the lightweight one for a few weeks and then make myself realise why I got it and how it does make a difference having a lightweight pole after all.
you may find it's not so much the lightness you will notice but the rigidity of a hi mod pole over a basic carbon one.. Also depends on the weight of the brush your using.

wayne m

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2018, 08:53:25 pm »
I know I should be using extreme brushes but I just don think they last long enough so I'm using ultimate brushes and just ordered a DuPont ultimate. Any recommendations?

p1w1

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2018, 09:19:13 pm »
I dont use extremes for everyday houses either only on higher work. Brushes are just personal preference really for everyday stuff i use the supremes a bit lighter the the ultimates and i like the splay of the bristles i find the stock of the brush (as its smaller) tends not to knock on the sides of frames (like on sash windows) or rub on the sills when running along them with the brush.

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2018, 09:29:23 pm »
I like the ultimate medium mixed at 180g it’s light enough for the majority and had a good scrub

But with a few injuries work related it mean’s, it’s not something I can use all day, I use it on 18 Xtreme  most  weeks on and off through the day

Generally I’m still using the Xtreme version one with carbon half way clamping points in carbon  and an an extreme brush and yes I get through brush’s about 3-4 a year depends how often I use the heat but I’m happy with that

The 25 hi mod is not used enough for me to give an informed review

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2018, 09:39:52 pm »
I've just bought a new slx25 and it's definitely more rigid than my last one. I can only assume they may have been tweaked since then. Although my previous slx was over 5 years old and obviously worn, I'm  still convinced this new one is more rigid than the other when 'it' was new.

I have an Xtreme for higher work but the slx is a proper work horse!! A daily abused pole, rarely cleaned and lasting over 5 years- can't ask for much more than that!!
Comfortably Numb!

mufcglen

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2018, 10:09:51 pm »
So far so good, obviously haven't been using it long enough to notice wear on the sections yet but I've been using it as I would my slx 25 shutting the odd window and fully extended over garages etc and doesn't feel like I'm going to break it, after reading stories about the extreme being delicate I was a little worried as this must be delicate too but feels ok to me, obviously  it's lighter than my slx which is why I chose it as my shoulder is playing up and it's even lighter than the extreme 25 but the price tag over an slx is a lot more and now after owning my first lightweight pole not sure this or even and extreme is worth the extra just to save about 340 grams (can of corned beef) if you have no injuries or problems in my opinion but I know others will disagree. I think I would still choose the phantom carbon over the slx if I didn't have my hi mod as the clamps are better and also like the no glue to fix one if one breaks and the adjustable angle neck and quick release system is better (sorry mr Alex Gardiner) . If you need anymore info I'll try and help you out?

Nice one pal, I’m due a new pole soon as I like to replace every 12-15 months and although my xtreme 22 has been cracking I can’t ignore all the people who have used gardiner keep saying this phantom is a better pole, other than the longevity it seems it ticks all the box’s of a game changer🤔