Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slacky

Re: silly Virsol question to help with first cleans frames glass etc.?
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2018, 05:09:38 pm »
Im saying potential problems. I tend to use with some hesitancy on glass but its still my 'go to' choice of cleaner.

if you bought Halfords caravan cleaner it probably would do just as good a job without rising the glass but you might have to use neat.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2018, 09:43:05 pm »
Im saying potential problems. I tend to use with some hesitancy on glass but its still my 'go to' choice of cleaner.

if you bought Halfords caravan cleaner it probably would do just as good a job without rising the glass but you might have to use neat.
Nah its virsol from cleaning spot. But you're making me scared to use it now forget about 10 to 1 even 20 to 1. A bit worried about replacing every single window from a listed building now  :(

capn sparkle

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2018, 10:48:08 pm »
I've been using Virosol 50% - 50% for the last 5 yrs on new cleans without having any problems but as others have said - don't let it dry 'cos its a bugger to get off. Heavy rinsing after application is needed but it will still 'bleed' out of the seals even after 3 or 4 big rinses. On a more positive note when heavily diluted by the rinsing the slight 'oily effect' (think engine oil rainbow in a puddle) left on the glass dries clear.

Only time I've had an issue with the orange crud which seems to be the staining people worry about was on a 'new build' fake roman column porch type thing (fibre - glass I think) few orange spots because I left it to dwell for too long in the summer. Re-applied loads of Virosol to remove the orange spots . Well most of them anyway!! Oopps1

Crystal-clear

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2018, 01:32:26 am »
I've been using Virosol 50% - 50% for the last 5 yrs on new cleans without having any problems but as others have said - don't let it dry 'cos its a bugger to get off. Heavy rinsing after application is needed but it will still 'bleed' out of the seals even after 3 or 4 big rinses. On a more positive note when heavily diluted by the rinsing the slight 'oily effect' (think engine oil rainbow in a puddle) left on the glass dries clear.

Only time I've had an issue with the orange crud which seems to be the staining people worry about was on a 'new build' fake roman column porch type thing (fibre - glass I think) few orange spots because I left it to dwell for too long in the summer. Re-applied loads of Virosol to remove the orange spots . Well most of them anyway!! Oopps1
I'm still kind of worried. I don't see why anyone would use something that actually has a potential to ruin someone's windows.
Most used the word I've had no problems so far or you should be fine if you dilute it properly but then imagine if you're rinsing and it accumulates on the sill and it makes the seal a strange colour?

Splash & dash

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2018, 04:56:59 pm »

I'm still kind of worried. I don't see why anyone would use something that actually has a potential to ruin someone's windows.
Most used the word I've had no problems so far or you should be fine if you dilute it properly but then imagine if you're rinsing and it accumulates on the sill and it makes the seal a strange colour?

If you read the dilution rate it does. say for heavy soiling it can be used neat ,general dirt 50-1 ,light soiling 200-1 ,but it doesn’t say what surface it’s being put on at that dilution , as I said before we use it at 10-1 and never had a problem on any surface and we always let it dry on all surfaces we clean in the summer months evan in 32 degrees and direct sunlight , I wouldn’t want to say that you won’t have any problems as you might but Ime saying that we have used it this way for 10 years and NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS that tells me it’s ok to use at that dilution but with most things in life it isn’t 100% guaranteed

capn sparkle

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2018, 10:07:06 am »

Never had any problems with it accumulating on sills but then again I do use 'a lot' of water with Viro-Sol.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2018, 10:29:54 am »
Ok cheers basically you're saying it should be fine just make sure it's very diluted.
And can I just ask what the hell is this stuff I can't believe the fact it's dangerous Jesus Christ. Sounds like this made a nuclear bloody plant or something