Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darren70

Gutter cleaning prices
« on: October 05, 2018, 04:47:01 pm »
Hi guys
 thinking of adding gutter cleaning service, any advice on price and time taken  on domestic and commercial jobs. London / Essex Area  Thanks  for any advice given.

Smudger

Re: Gutter cleaning prices
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 05:37:12 pm »
If gutter vacing typically a front and back terrace takes around 25 mins - times vary depending on how bad they are and don’t forget they are 1 off “bespoke” work so allow travel into your price

Then think of what you should/want/need  be earning p/h and that’s your price guide

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

John Mart

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 06:04:19 pm »
If gutter vacing typically a front and back terrace takes around 25 mins - times vary depending on how bad they are and don’t forget they are 1 off “bespoke” work so allow travel into your price

Then think of what you should/want/need  be earning p/h and that’s your price guide

Darran
Our gutter clearing is only available to regular window cleaning customers and only done when we clean the windows. Doing one off gutter clears means you’ve got to go out to quote or we found ourselves coming across jobs we couldn’t do when we arrived.  Basically, if the ladder needs to come out we’re not really interested.

The point is that it can be more trouble than it’s worth. It didn’t help that I got the pricing wrong to start. Now I’ve got a minimum price per side and a minimum total job price. Otherwise I price by the  metre.

Go

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 06:35:24 pm »
I love gutter clearing!
Sad innit.
Quoted one yesterday £3/m.

I’d like to start a national gutter clearing thing.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 07:44:57 pm »
8W - you don’t seem to like going out very much at all - regular windows, blocks of flats, gutter, each to their own I guess, I feel your missing out on a lot of work though.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Nick Day

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 08:14:38 pm »
I have written a 6 page document on how to clean and price domestic and commercial gutters. It also includes a risk assessment and method statement template making 8 A4 Pages. If it will help I will email it to you. Free of charge of course!!

Clarkey2

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 08:41:01 pm »
I have written a 6 page document on how to clean and price domestic and commercial gutters. It also includes a risk assessment and method statement template making 8 A4 Pages. If it will help I will email it to you. Free of charge of course!!
Hi nick please could you email it to me, I bought a gutter vac of you a couple months ago but haven't used it yet as been so busy roofing but I'm looking to get cleaning business up and running again soon.
Email is northyorkshire.roofing@outlook.com

Cheers Rob

John Mart

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 09:13:58 pm »
8W - you don’t seem to like going out very much at all - regular windows, blocks of flats, gutter, each to their own I guess, I feel your missing out on a lot of work though.

Darran
My focus is entirely on regular window cleaning customers. I'm not interested in irregular jobs. I'll do them for regular customers or I'll do 1/2 day one off full house cleans.

I want to know that every van is full with work every day. Day in, day out without having to find work to fill them.

Clarkey2

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 09:20:24 pm »

Darran
My focus is entirely on regular window cleaning customers. I'm not interested in irregular jobs. I'll do them for regular customers or I'll do 1/2 day one off full house cleans.

I want to know that every van is full with work every day. Day in, day out without having to find work to fill them.

Makes sense and if you have staff it is the best way, I get bored too easy though so like to mix things up lol.

Rob

windowswashed

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 09:22:17 pm »

Hello Nick, would it be possible to email myself a copy 'windowswashed@btinternet.com' if possible,

adman

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 09:44:17 pm »

Hi Nick, I'd love a copy too.  Please can you mail it to adam.pulley@renewoutdoor.co.uk

Thanks in advance

paul alan

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 10:12:33 pm »
i'll have a copy too if it's ok   pnswindowcleaning@gmail.com

CGC

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2018, 11:33:02 am »
Hi Nick

I'd be interested if you could send it to me as well, always seem to have a bit of guesswork involved when I quote!

Thanks

Andy
cgcbuxton@gmail.com

Jamesthered

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 04:24:27 pm »

Can you send to me please. Jamesdotevans@googlemail.com

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2018, 05:42:45 pm »

Darran

were like you on this , have you even given it thought to not doing it at all ???   as were thinking of binning it off altogether

John Mart

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 06:11:35 pm »

Darran

were like you on this , have you even given it thought to not doing it at all ???   as were thinking of binning it off altogether
No, because when I take on someone new, there’s a period where his round isn’t yet full so it’s an extra income source during that period, but the main reason is that I was getting lots of enquiries with the fascia jobs and was just passing them on to a friend. As he got busier, he was struggling to  them in a timely fashion and we were waiting to do the fascias.

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 08:43:58 pm »
i ll only do them for regulers if they ask and it would be next time i clean there windows, i also price much higgher than windows.

Doing gutters and fsg isnt enjoyable and much harder on the body so has to be a good rate otherwise i prefer bashing out windows.

steve a

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 01:48:05 pm »

Hi Nick

Can I have a copy please.

rdwc@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

JBC88

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 09:51:44 pm »

Hi nick please could you email me the guide too or even better it may be better to upload the document to this thread as
a pdf attachment for everyone's benefit.

Many thanks
Justin
Jbrowncleaning@gmail.com

Dry Clean

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2018, 12:55:27 am »
Just remember that there is no such thing as ladder free domestic gutter cleaning, if the roof tiles stick out too far for you to get the nozzle into the gutter or you knock an end cap off you will need to get the ladders out to fix it.
Unless its comercial work then I would stick to windows, less faff.