Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Mart

Re: any x line brush users?
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2018, 11:15:13 am »
I will give a review after a couple of days regarding the rinse bar, I only bought it as it’s in the middle, wouldn’t of bothered if it was above
The rinse bars are rubbish imo

I sent mine back...the jets were not straight and the rinse bar catches on frames and cills.
Jeez - Mr Positivity.  ;D

tlwcs

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 01:44:22 pm »
I will give a review after a couple of days regarding the rinse bar, I only bought it as it’s in the middle, wouldn’t of bothered if it was above

I sent mine back...the jets were not straight and the rinse bar catches on frames and cills.

He’s right though. I ordered 1 last week and noticed it’s wider than the brush.
It’s still on my desk. I must stop ordering crap. ☹️

SB Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2018, 02:35:49 pm »

Just being honest mate

Splash & dash

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2018, 02:56:02 pm »
I have just orders one to try with the pencil jets  if it lasts as long as they claim  it will save a lot of money as we find Gardiner’s brushes only last 8-12 weeks , I will put up a review of how we get on with it

ray mck

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2018, 03:44:30 pm »
I’ve got themxline sill brush with the rinse bar in the middle.had it for months great brush.

jonny thompson

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2018, 06:33:53 pm »
Used this brush now for the last 3 days with the rinse bar, early thoughts are , the brush is definitely better quality than my Gardner brushes, I haven’t noticed the weight difference to be honest but it scrubs nicely on the glass, the rinse bar is excellent, you do have to have the pump up higher but the rinse time is half of the pencil jets especially on upstairs windows

Splash & dash

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2018, 09:22:48 pm »
Just a quick up date x line sent the sill brush by mistake , so I have ordered the normal one , having used the sill brush for two days it is very good but feels like a brick on the end of the pole compared to the supream it appears to have a lot more bristles than Gardiners brushes , as it's a sill brush it’s a lot bigger than a normal brush and feels a bit cumbersome, but I guess it’s a case of getting used to it , Ime looking forward to getting the brush that I ordered as this will be a far better comparison , but as for cleaning it’s very good . Being picky I don’t like the pencil jets they are huge compared to Gardiners ones in this day and age why they use such prehistoric jets I don’t know , a lot of weight could be saved if they used smaller ones . Over all I like it though , time will tell if it will last like x line claim but I do like the DuPont bristles

Dry Clean

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2018, 08:08:17 am »
I have just orders one to try with the pencil jets  if it lasts as long as they claim  it will save a lot of money as we find Gardiner’s brushes only last 8-12 weeks , I will put up a review of how we get on with it

So you don't mind spending/wasting money on heating your water  but would put a brick on the end of your pole to save a few quid, only in window cleaning. (roll eyes)

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2018, 08:14:47 am »

So you don't mind spending/wasting money on heating your water  but would put a brick on the end of your pole to save a few quid, only in window cleaning. (roll eyes)

i have to agree with sean on this(not with the heating water bit though!).....

ive had a few x line brushes and they are defo better quality than gardiner brushes and will last a lot longer......BUT THEY ARE HEAVIER!!

weight is everything in regards to brushes thats why i continue to use xtreme and ultimate brushes even though they dont last long......it makes for an easier working day.....
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2018, 08:20:09 am »
Like most who started before the Gardiner days I have a garage full of brushes at around the 200g to 300g mark and there's no difference in any of them, the Extreme brushes may not last as long but they are something that will genuinely make your working day easier and well worth the extra spend.

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2018, 08:27:41 am »
Like most who started before the Gardiner days I have a garage full of brushes at around the 200g to 300g mark and there's no difference in any of them, the Extreme brushes may not last as long but they are something that will genuinely make your working day easier and well worth the extra spend.

ive tried all sorts over the years sean as you well know!i once went back to a gardiners SL brush for a day which is over 200g and i was defo straining more over connys/extensions etc....i thought my pole was going to snap at one point! ::)roll

it might only be a few grams in weight extra but its magnified many times when its on the end of a fully extended pole........especially an xtreme pole.....

jonny thompson

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2018, 01:13:19 pm »
My 5.3 foot, 8 stone female work partner has been using the xline mono so called  brick today instead of the usual ultimate, I would like to report she is safe and well and we continue to use the brick as she noticed no difference 😀

Splash & dash

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2018, 04:06:58 pm »

I like trying different things the Gardiner brushes ( supream) are very nice but changing a brush every 8-12 weeks is a rip off , so I thought I would try x line to see what they are like I used to use Vikan sill brushes years ago heavy isn’t the word for them but you couldn’t wear them out , this x line sill brush is a very nice brush cleans a lot quicker and better than a supream very nice quality, but it’s to heavy to use every day 8 hours a day for me . Ime waiting for the other one to come and will see what the weight of that’s like , if I don’t like them then I will sell them , if we didn’t try new things we would all still be driving model T fords

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2018, 04:07:23 pm »
i literally have hundreds of jobs that have at least 1 or 2 awkward windows over extensions/conny roofs,skylights,3 storey windows,etc....using a lighter brush means less strain hence an easier working day...its a no brainer! :)

it also means less strain on the pole too..... ;)

paul alan

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2018, 05:32:33 pm »
Well, I have been using this brush for 2  and a half days now.

One thing stands out a lot, they are the most superior brush I have ever used for scrubbing. It just destroys the dirt with no problem, and it hardly holds on to any dirt.

I ordered the pencil jetted brush and got the fans, I don't mind at all as they are brilliant. They sound like the Gardiner black fan jets but act like the red jets on steroids.

At 209 grams it is heavier, I have been mostly using the extreme this year and its double the weight. I wouldn't call it a brick though, it's definitely manageable. The extra effort to manage the weight is more than made up for with raw scrubbing power, this brush is an animal.

I can honestly say, some frames have never looked so clean. I also love the way the crap doesn't stick to the bristle, which makes rinsing on better.

I have a tucker dual trim which weighs in at around 260 grammes and has more bristles which are the same material (Dupont). This has been my go-to heavy duty brush previously on paper it should be more effective than the X-line at moving stubborn muck, but it must be something to do with the configuration of the bristles and the way they splay that make the x-line brush more effective.

The X-line brush won't be any good if you have windows that require accuracy, that's the extremes field. If you are looking for something that gets the muck off quick though then I would recommend the X-line Dupont for sure. Well worth £46.00.

paul alan

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2018, 05:38:41 pm »
i literally have hundreds of jobs that have at least 1 or 2 awkward windows over extensions/conny roofs,skylights,3 storey windows,etc....using a lighter brush means less strain hence an easier working day...its a no brainer! :)

it also means less strain on the pole too..... ;)

I agree with this to a point, but using this brush has made me realise that a lighter brush can take more effort when scrubbing. I still love my extremes though.

NWH

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2018, 02:00:04 pm »
If you find a brush like you should buy a few at a time and alternate them week by week rather then just buy 1,I do this and they seem to last a lot lot longer. I have ones I prefer for different Windows it makes them last loads longer imo.

Splash & dash

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2018, 02:15:51 pm »
If you find a brush like you should buy a few at a time and alternate them week by week rather then just buy 1,I do this and they seem to last a lot lot longer. I have ones I prefer for different Windows it makes them last loads longer imo.
We buy 8 brushes at a time , by changing to different brushes for different jobs  doesn’t make them last longer just less wear on each brush

dd

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2018, 04:17:45 pm »
Not really a good idea. If you are like me, 6 months later you find a Alex or xline brings out a new brush which is the new favourite.