This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Soupy

Aqua - stop - tap type thingmys
« on: August 22, 2018, 03:23:24 pm »
Any of you use a water stop? What's the best?

John Mart

Re: Aqua - stop - tap type thingmys
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 03:40:09 pm »
A tap on a pole does a perfectly good job. We just tape them on. The loop doesn’t bother me.  £10 each from Gardiner’s.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 03:51:01 pm »
A tap on a pole does a perfectly good job. We just tape them on. The loop doesn’t bother me.  £10 each from Gardiner’s.

a tap on a pole taped on is a ridiculous idea in this day and age of better water control devices specifically for WFP......you cant beat a univalve....once you get one youll never use a tap again...trust me....
price higher/work harder!

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 03:58:39 pm »
Univalve...I used to say that they were a bit pointless and didn't see the need for it just pinch the hose instead, but tried one to see what the fuss was about last year and have to admit it is an excellent device and ended up putting them on all my poles. Probably one of the best pieces of wfp equipment for the money.
( oh god just reading what ive put i'm sounding like Dazmond  ;D)

Soupy

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 03:59:18 pm »

Yeah, I'm not going to be taping a tap to the side of the pole.

Go

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 04:14:39 pm »
I think our univalves last a lot longer than our taps.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 05:37:08 pm »
Soupy, get univalves, I honestly can't recommend them enough- you'll wonder how you ever managed without one!! Soapnatinal were the cheapest last time I looked.👍
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 05:41:45 pm »
my univalve is 2 and a half years old and still going strong......cost me £30....

John Mart

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 05:49:24 pm »

a tap on a pole taped on is a ridiculous idea in this day and age of better water control devices specifically for WFP......you cant beat a univalve....once you get one youll never use a tap again...trust me....
I can understand how going from a tap at the brush to a univalve is revolutionary, but I’ve used taps on poles for 8 years and the univalve doesn’t solve a problem I have.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 05:59:10 pm »

I can understand how going from a tap at the brush to a univalve is revolutionary, but I’ve used taps on poles for 8 years and the univalve doesn’t solve a problem I have.

your staff will thank you...much easier to work with than a tap on a pole......(ive used both methods).....

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 06:18:01 pm »

It does, it solves the problem of having a crappy tap taped to the pole  ;)

univalve is much easier to use, of course i can understand if its for staff you are not that bothered.

Marc Stock

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 06:19:48 pm »
Here is my solution. Very simple, works perfectly. Just loop it under my unger belt.

Built it myself. Its 10 years old and still working well.

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 06:37:56 pm »

What's the unique problem you have ?          ( apart from being  stuck in your ways and behind the times )

windowswashed

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 06:38:45 pm »
I used the univalves, forever sticking or busting when they first came out. Changed over to a small red flow tap held in hand, much more control of water flow and simple to use,

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 06:45:56 pm »
Here is my solution. Very simple, works perfectly. Just loop it under my unger belt.

Built it myself. Its 10 years old and still working well.

I'd  rather not stand at a customers  door looking like I've wet myself.

windowswashed

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 06:49:32 pm »
That would irritate me wearing a belt to tuck tap under. When the connection starts to leak you'll end up with a wet leg. That must be a trip hazard having the hose attached closely to your leg

alank

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2018, 06:54:52 pm »
Just get a uni valve easy to fit easy to use no taps no loops no problem  ;D

John Mart

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2018, 07:03:56 pm »

What's the unique problem you have ?          ( apart from being  stuck in your ways and behind the times )
It’s just another type of tap.  ::)roll

Marc Stock

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2018, 07:04:29 pm »
You lot are so funny.

Its not that bad, the connectors last approx 3 months before they start to leak.so i just change every 3 months as part of my regular maintenance.

And no its not a trip hazard as i simply pop the hose on the belt and walk away from the van. My reel is fixed in the van up high and lubricated so its very easy to pull.

The small bit of water on my leg is actually pee. I like to wang it out and have a slash on the doorsteps of my customers whilst i overcharge them and dont clean the frames.
 ;D

Marc Stock

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2018, 07:05:03 pm »

It’s just another type of tap.  ::)roll
Correct.