This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Mart

Re: Aqua - stop - tap type thingmys
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 07:07:40 pm »
It’s just Tiswas or Swapshop.  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2018, 07:08:27 pm »
A tap on a pole does a perfectly good job. We just tape them on. The loop doesn’t bother me.  £10 each from Gardiner’s.

a tap on a pole taped on is a ridiculous idea in this day and age of better water control devices specifically for WFP......you cant beat a univalve....once you get one youll never use a tap again...trust me....
I can understand how going from a tap at the brush to a univalve is revolutionary, but I’ve used taps on poles for 8 years and the univalve doesn’t solve a problem I have.
What's the unique problem you have ?          ( apart from being  stuck in your ways and behind the times )
It’s just another type of tap.  ::)roll

sort of, but very much easier to use

if your happy with a lump of extra metal tied to your leg thats fair enough - if you want something to improve your working day then get a uni valve

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Marc Stock

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2018, 07:20:40 pm »
I will look into it darren.

nathankaye

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2018, 09:38:46 pm »
Most k ow I use a tap at the end of the main  hose which is secured in a holster on my belt.
But I've also started to use a uni valve on my trolley pole. It's taken some getting used too, but now I quite like it.
For me, it depends on the set up as to what works best for you.

( haha I know many like my vids 😂😂, here's another one from my channel
https://youtu.be/94Y3DeiDXuk.   )
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2018, 07:26:40 am »
Plenty of fish on this thread, nice catch guys  ;D ;D
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

John Mart

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2018, 07:37:57 am »
A tap on a pole does a perfectly good job. We just tape them on. The loop doesn’t bother me.  £10 each from Gardiner’s.

a tap on a pole taped on is a ridiculous idea in this day and age of better water control devices specifically for WFP......you cant beat a univalve....once you get one youll never use a tap again...trust me....
I can understand how going from a tap at the brush to a univalve is revolutionary, but I’ve used taps on poles for 8 years and the univalve doesn’t solve a problem I have.
What's the unique problem you have ?          ( apart from being  stuck in your ways and behind the times )
It’s just another type of tap.  ::)roll

sort of, but very much easier to use

if your happy with a lump of extra metal tied to your leg thats fair enough - if you want something to improve your working day then get a uni valve

Darran
We use taps on the poles. It works fine. Your hand is right on the tap as you hold the pole. I can't see how letting go of the tap to tug the hose will improve people's daily lives in any noticeable way.  ::)roll

Dry Clean

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2018, 07:48:13 am »
It wont, pull on a hose or turn off a tap both nothing more than a preference,  there are just a few on here who are too easily excited.

John Mart

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2018, 07:52:41 am »
It wont, pull on a hose or turn off a tap both nothing more than a preference,  there are just a few on here who are too easily excited.
;D

Smudger

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2018, 07:56:52 am »
Your tap is taped near the base of the pole ?

I always found the loop of the pole hose hindered me by getting snagged or wrapping around your feet

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

John Mart

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2018, 08:09:48 am »

I always found the loop of the pole hose hindered me by getting snagged or wrapping around your feet

Darran
Genuinely I’ve never found that. The only problem is with one of my guys who’s hose gets seriously twisted which we think is because he swaps sides between left handed and right handed.  ???  So actually it might be worth it for him.

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2018, 08:12:22 am »

Darran

it does...obviously 8 weekly is mainly off the tools these days and doesnt care anyway.....its a faff compared to a univalve.... ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2018, 08:15:51 am »

its still easier than messing around with a loop of hose taped to your pole.......just like hot water,xtreme poles,switching from 8mm to 6mm hose and electric reels....they all make the job easier and more productive..... :)

John Mart

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2018, 08:21:58 am »

its still easier than messing around with a loop of hose taped to your pole.......just like hot water,xtreme poles,switching from 8mm to 6mm hose and electric reels....they all make the job easier and more productive..... :)
The electric reel thing too. If I worked alone I’d get one but only because it would make the day easier. Not more productive.

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2018, 08:44:35 am »
Each to their own.
I used to  tinker and faff about with taps, belts and holsters etc.
All would eventually leak or need replacing or I'd get so fed up getting tangled up in hose or tripping over it.

Exceeds tubeless kit + univalve + one pole ( sections removed or added in seconds )
Fit and forget. Now I just concentrate on getting my work done as quickly as i can. Its a doddle.

Dry Clean

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2018, 09:55:04 am »

Nonsense I get nothing on the glass that needs hot water to remove and you said the same until you decided that an overpriced water heater would make a good status symbol, I could build an electric reel for about £50 which unlike yours would have a free wheel making it easier to pull the hose out (roll eyes) but again I just don't do enough reeling in to justify the faff.
I wont slag the Uni valve because it does the job but just like my tap on belt it has its plus and minus points, for me the tap wins and for others it wont.
The extreme pole is a great pole but for work at 22ft and under it wont make enough difference to justify the price.
I'm just surprised you didnt mention Vision as it was another one of your game changers. lol

Marc Stock

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2018, 04:01:01 pm »
Now I just concentrate on getting my work done as quickly as i can. Its a doddle.

Careful! You don't want to be a splash and dasher!

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2018, 04:27:05 pm »

Nonsense I get nothing on the glass that needs hot water to remove and you said the same until you decided that an overpriced water heater would make a good status symbol, I could build an electric reel for about £50 which unlike yours would have a free wheel making it easier to pull the hose out (roll eyes) but again I just don't do enough reeling in to justify the faff.
I wont slag the Uni valve because it does the job but just like my tap on belt it has its plus and minus points, for me the tap wins and for others it wont.
The extreme pole is a great pole but for work at 22ft and under it wont make enough difference to justify the price.
I'm just surprised you didnt mention Vision as it was another one of your game changers. lol

you could earn a lot more if you wasnt so negative...... ;) ;D

John Mart

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2018, 04:27:48 pm »
Now I just concentrate on getting my work done as quickly as i can. Its a doddle.

Careful! You don't want to be a splash and dasher!
Touché Turtle!  ;D

Soupy

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2018, 11:24:32 am »
 ;D You lot are hopeless. I've had one serious suggestion and some dubious looking / sounding bodges involving gaffer tape or looking like I've wet myself. To top it off within a dozen or so posts it's descended into handbags.

I blame the Mods, bring back Tosh!

Don Kee

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2018, 11:30:12 am »

...bring back Tosh!

This post has now been reported...