Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Marc - good plan but to double every 2 years will take more than just you but you will get a good % increase

You never know what 5he future holds I’ve been quite seriously ill since mid jan and I couldn’t even clean a single house physically, let alone a full days work

Thankfully I don’t need to that side is fully covered by employees

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Marc Stock

Marc - good plan but to double every 2 years will take more than just you but you will get a good % increase

You never know what 5he future holds I’ve been quite seriously ill since mid jan and I couldn’t even clean a single house physically, let alone a full days work

Thankfully I don’t need to that side is fully covered by employees

Darran

Yeah, but If i aim for double growth; then at least its something to aim for. Who was it that aimed for the Sun? Cant remember the story; everyone doubted him as no one had even reached space before; let alone the sun. He never did reach the Sun; but smashed it past the moon; more than anyone else did! Will he reach the sun? doesn't matter; he smashed it past the moon and wiped the competition with his achievements.   ;D

How are you now; are you still in hospital?  :o

Take it easy m8.  This is why i want to grow; so I can take time out and the business runs itself.  And I can choose from a room full of old Triumphs; Ducati's, and Nortons and ride them till my ears bleed!!!

Smudger

Had the op - just a small complication but being resolved 👍

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

Thanks for the responses.

I am quite happy to just reduce my hours as I age and use the job to keep me active.

BUT - as Smudger highlights (get well soon BTW) - and several others my age or even less can suddenly have quite a sudden health reverse that stops them working. If my health collapses and I'm still able enough to drive/sit for several hours at a time I could at least employ and be the driver, slip writer and light duty man with an employee doing the graft. If my health was so bad I could just do office work then I could employ and keep in touch with my customers and manage it.

It might cost me £2000 a month (inc stamp/tax/employees liability/pension/holidays etc.) but I'd have a reasonable amount of turnover left over after costs.

If my health holds - once state pension comes on stream it might be worth employing and coming off the tools except for say a half-day or two a month going out doing my own cream jobs and keeping my relationship with my customers with the employee a half-day a week.

Then if my wife's health holds and she gets her state pension (4 years after me) I could stop altogether/ rent/sell the round to the employee on a monthly basis or just get rid.

Nice to be able to think it through.
It's a game of three halves!

Klean07

I'm 60 in a couple of months but still fit and able to work. However after reading a few posts on here regarding retirement and cutting hours down etc I decided to grow my business again with the view to employing someone next year. I still intend to work but not as much as I am now hopefully my worker will be earning some for me meaning that I can concentrate more on generating new business for both of us and maybe number 2 worker!
There is a well known windy I know that has just been told that he has MS he's 49 that's all but luckily for him he has a couple of employees to help out!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Go

Thanks for the responses.

I am quite happy to just reduce my hours as I age and use the job to keep me active.

BUT - as Smudger highlights (get well soon BTW) - and several others my age or even less can suddenly have quite a sudden health reverse that stops them working. If my health collapses and I'm still able enough to drive/sit for several hours at a time I could at least employ and be the driver, slip writer and light duty man with an employee doing the graft. If my health was so bad I could just do office work then I could employ and keep in touch with my customers and manage it.

It might cost me £2000 a month (inc stamp/tax/employees liability/pension/holidays etc.) but I'd have a reasonable amount of turnover left over after costs.

If my health holds - once state pension comes on stream it might be worth employing and coming off the tools except for say a half-day or two a month going out doing my own cream jobs and keeping my relationship with my customers with the employee a half-day a week.

Then if my wife's health holds and she gets her state pension (4 years after me) I could stop altogether/ rent/sell the round to the employee on a monthly basis or just get rid.

Nice to be able to think it through.

Where are you based? Near the bridge innit?

AuRavelling79

I'm near several bridges, Go. Which one do you have in mind?

Tom-01

This is why i am working now to build up my business into a going concern that doesn't require my day to day input.

I am nearly at 55k turnover a year now. My target of 60k is now coming into sight. But its getting harder and harder to get the correct sort of work for one person fitted into the schedual. Its getting tight and i am also getting very bored during the week. I normallt have a day off halfway through the week and thats happening less and less.

Once i hit my 60k target; its another van and a full time employee. Then my job for the next 3 months  will be canvassing; marketing and growing the work to my stage 2 growth to 80k  a year.

Then after that its onto 120k a year with two vans and two full time window cleaners.  I hope to be at this 120k stage by the time i am 40 years old. I dont want to be working at 50. So if i keep doubling my business growth every two years from that point forward i should have a good business i can pass onto my children should they want it, or just keep reinvesting in the business all the way through my retirement

Mate, if you're getting bored already growing a business with all these exciting plans for the future I think you're only going to get more bored. If you're bored earning good money with a good future in view how bored will your employees be? 

Go

The Severn?

John Mart

The Severn?
Which one?  ;D

AuRavelling79

;D

I'm "near" the M48 Severn Bridge, the M4 Second Severn Crossing, the Clifton Suspension Bridge, The Wye Bridge, the M5 bridge over the Avon, the Iron Bridge at Kingsweston, The Plimsoll Swing Bridge, River Trym A4 road viaduct, the River Trym railway viaduct etc, etc, etc.

Too many bridges; bridges, bridges everywhere ...

Is that Lloyd, Jeff and Beau I espy?

Frankybadboy

after my serious accident i am still in two minds what todo

one day its down size and keep a bit,then it build and employ then its sell the lot,getting to sound like dazmond lol ;D ;D ;D ;D

Go

;D

I'm "near" the M48 Severn Bridge, the M4 Second Severn Crossing, the Clifton Suspension Bridge, The Wye Bridge, the M5 bridge over the Avon, the Iron Bridge at Kingsweston, The Plimsoll Swing Bridge, River Trym A4 road viaduct, the River Trym railway viaduct etc, etc, etc.

Too many bridges; bridges, bridges everywhere ...

Is that Lloyd, Jeff and Beau I espy?

The plimsoll swing bridge sounds ace.

dazmond

one day its down size and keep a bit,then it build and employ then its sell the lot,getting to sound like dazmond lol ;D ;D ;D ;D

This is one area I've made my mind up on......I'm gonna work until I die.....or physically can't work anymore.......the end. ;D
price higher/work harder!

Missing Link

Yeah, but If i aim for double growth; then at least its something to aim for. Who was it that aimed for the Sun? Cant remember the story; everyone doubted him as no one had even reached space before; let alone the sun. He never did reach the Sun; but smashed it past the moon; more than anyone else did!

Icarus!  He was warned not to fly too low ('cos he might end up in the sea), or fly too high, otherwise the sun might melt the wax on the wings his father made for him.

Well he flew too high, the wax melted...

SPLAT! ;D

It's a story warning against personal over-ambition.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

dazmond

Iron maiden also wrote a song called 'flight of icarus'..... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Cookie

This is one area I've made my mind up on......I'm gonna work until I die.....or physically can't work anymore.......the end. ;D

Me too! I see too many of my customers wasting their lives away watching TV volume up loud, subtitles on. Work whether paid or voluntary gives you a purpose in life. When the time eventually comes I'll gradually wind down the work and just do a few bungalows a day.

Dry Clean

Me too! I see too many of my customers wasting their lives away watching TV volume up loud, subtitles on. Work whether paid or voluntary gives you a purpose in life. When the time eventually comes I'll gradually wind down the work and just do a few bungalows a day.

I do feel for people who have nothing in their lives but TV and work, very sad.

Steven Biggs

Granville . Do you have a personal pension . Or are you just relying on the state pension ?  That can make s big difference.

Stoots

The thing is in this country we have the NHS and a benefits system.

So you can't win...spend all your life building a business and security and they take it all off you to pay for your care should the worse happen, this happened t my grandma...had a few quid she wanted to leave to the family in her will but recently fell ill and all her savings etc is going on her care. They will even take her house and downsize her eventually...what's the point.