This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Think I just hate work full stop.

Approaching my mid forties & I can see why people want to 'get off the tools'.

i dont get it...i never feel like this!! and im 46(nearly 47)....... 8)

Dont you ever wake up on a morning and think there must be more to life than this?

I also dont see how this job gives you freedom.

It does give flexibility but ultimately the work must get done come rain or shine or you will lose the customers. I don't see how having  to go out everyday and work is freedom.

Actually I think being employed has more freedom, you could have a few months off with a sick note and go back to a job without worrying how the business is coping in your absence.

Self employment isn't freedom , it's flexible but it's far from freedom.

Dry Clean

Dazmond has that rare and needed gift in this game of being able to pull the wool over his own eyes, you see it when  he does and doesn't need or want the latest toy, Marc Stock is right to say that hate is too strong a word but I would say the majority of us wont be cleaning windows a minute longer than we need to.

dazmond

Dont you ever wake up on a morning and think there must be more to life than this?

It does give flexibility but ultimately the work must get done come rain or shine or you will lose the customers. I don't see how having  to go out everyday and work is freedom.

Actually I think being employed has more freedom, you could have a few months off with a sick note and go back to a job without worrying how the business is coping in your absence.

more to life than what?window cleaning?its a part time job for full time earnings,nothing more,nothing less to me adam.....im off to playa blanca in lanzarote in a 5 star hotel in a couple of weeks....if this job wasnt so well paid i wouldnt be going anywhere!

what i mean by freedom is you can have a day off when you want,knock off early EVERY DAY!start later after the rush hour traffic has gone ETC,ETC......YOU CANT DO THAT WHEN YOU WORK FOR SOMEONE ELSE!! :D :D :D

window cleaning is just part of my life not the whole thing!thats why i have a separate car so i can leave work behind when its leisure time..... 8)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

Dazmond has that rare and needed gift in this game of being able to pull the wool over his own eyes, you see it when  he does and doesn't need or want the latest toy, Marc Stock is right to say that hate is too strong a word but I would say the majority of us wont be cleaning windows a minute longer than we need to.

you really are a miserable little s**t at times arent you sean? ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

i tell you what adam im glad i havent got your attitude.........it stinks! ;D ;D

some people dont know how good they ve got it until its taken away from them........enjoy building your business and improving it every day.....its better than working for someone else!be grateful for that at least!

Cookie

It's great to have such positive people on this forum like Daz!

Having been an employee for many years being self-employed is great. You decide how to operate your business, you work the hours you want (or need) to, you decide who you work for... The real bonus is that you can earn as much, if not more, than anyone in a management-type role but working far fewer hours.

The actual cleaning of the windows can be a bit tedious at times but working in the fresh air & the banter with customers easily makes up for that.

alank

Yup we have got it better than a lot of working people and we shouldn't forget it or take it for granted. When your driving to work tomorrow look at the faces of the factory or office workers driving in the opposite direction do they look happy? It's in our own hands to change things in our own businesses for the better or change location of our work or try different things and diversify into something else. It's probably not going to be a bed of roses or easy but I for one will be happy tomorrow cleaning windows in the country side and I've seen both sides of the fence. I know which I prefer  :D

Dry Clean

Yup we have got it better than a lot of working people and we shouldn't forget it or take it for granted. When your driving to work tomorrow look at the faces of the factory or office workers driving in the opposite direction do they look happy? It's in our own hands to change things in our own businesses for the better or change location of our work or try different things and diversify into something else. It's probably not going to be a bed of roses or easy but I for one will be happy tomorrow cleaning windows in the country side and I've seen both sides of the fence. I know which I prefer  :D

I loved my factory job and would go back tomorrow if it hadn't went to China, that said I cant remember ever looking happy on the way to work, there are pros and cons in being both employed and self employed but driving to work looking like your lift doesn't go all the way to the top floor doesn't  fall under either.

Marc Stock

This is why i am growing my busines Dry Clean. So i dont have to go out window cleaning anymore.