Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

water genie 4040 booster pump ?
« on: July 13, 2018, 09:00:41 am »
Good morning. I'm soon to resurrect my 4040 ro and start producing  my own pure water in new home. TDS is approx 270 ppm and tap pressure of 50 psi. I'm wanting to boost pressure ( water meter ). Seen this.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=https://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/water-genie-4040-booster-pump-5688-p.asp&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjbxPzfzJvcAhXNX8AKHf97Aw4QFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw0rpyis8bqvdGTQWuvMD78h.
Anybody got/used one ? cannot find any reviews. It advertises a booster pressure up to 150 psi  :-\

andyM

Re: water genie 4040 booster pump ?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 04:01:17 pm »
I would take a closer look at this one:
 https://www.anglianpumping.com/product/water-boosting-pumps/draper-sp100-4-100-l-min-water-pump-1000w-56227

I use a Clarke cbm 240e and although the above Draper pump doesn't have an electronic control unit (which isn't necessarily required anyway in my opinion), the performance specs look remarkably similar.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same pump to be honest. 
One of the Plebs

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 09:25:07 pm »
Thank you Andy. That's quite a good price too. If its similar to the Clarke one ( yeah I don't need the electronic control ) any idea what pressure I could expect from it ?

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 06:07:26 am »
Thank you Andy. That's quite a good price too. If its similar to the Clarke one ( yeah I don't need the electronic control ) any idea what pressure I could expect from it ?

If you don't need the electronic control, then how are you going to operate the booster pump?

If you haven't already got an intricate controller (which I doubt you have) then the only other way to switch the booster pump on is manually. That's fine, but then you have to physically monitor the pump to manually switch it off when your storage tank is full.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

andyM

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 08:07:49 am »

I would recommend that you contact the supplier and see if they can give you more information regarding the pumps specifications and performance.

With the 4040 waste valve set to an approximate 50/50 ratio my Clarke pump provides 100 psi at the membrane.
One of the Plebs

andyM

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 08:10:56 am »
If you don't need the electronic control, then how are you going to operate the booster pump?

If you haven't already got an intricate controller (which I doubt you have) then the only other way to switch the booster pump on is manually. That's fine, but then you have to physically monitor the pump to manually switch it off when your storage tank is full.

I just switch mine on and off manually Spruce.
I don't find it laborious and i've gotten to know how long it usually takes to fill my storage tank, and will check it while running once or twice just to keep an eye on it.
One of the Plebs

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 08:38:25 am »

I just switch mine on and off manually Spruce.
I don't find it laborious and i've gotten to know how long it usually takes to fill my storage tank, and will check it while running once or twice just to keep an eye on it.

I've got lazy when it comes to operating my r/o. It has an automatic shutoff solenoid valve. So if I fill my van in the morning I just go out and leave the r/o to do its job. By the time I get back the water I drew in the morning has been replenished. So I never have to monitor the r/o.
Hence the reason why I asked the o/p how he would operate the unit. So if he hasn't thought about that then he has something else to consider. :) 

Personally I would buy that unit you linked to and find a controller elsewhere. I'm comfortable with the way my 4040 operates and so any addition would need to fit in with my current setup.  Machine Mart do sell these  controllers separately as do a few other suppliers.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Re: water genie 4040 booster pump ? New
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 09:32:13 am »

Yeah that's what Im going to do switch it on/off manually. 4040 and tank will be in my workshop/office/man cave where I spend most of my evenings anyway. If it ever became too much of an inconvenience  I'd  add some form of electronic control later on. 

Priority for me at the moment is just to resume  making my own pure  using  the housings and bits and bobs I have to hand plus new membrane and pump - with a new home and lots of improvements already spent on, that in itself is already costing me enough.