Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

callum99

Locking Van up
« on: May 20, 2018, 06:53:18 pm »
Think I had better start locking my Van up when I'm not working closely, could anyone show me how they have managed to get the water supply outside the van, I know there are brackets and stuff, but I'm not very good at working things like that out,, many pictures would be as appreciated, thank you,,Kevin

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Locking Van up
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 06:58:49 pm »
I use 6mm hose and its fine closing and locking van doors with hose running from bottom of door.  But you can't pull more hose whilst closed though.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 07:18:40 pm »
I have 8mm going under the doors and that’s fine too

Matt.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 08:15:42 pm »
Same as shrek, 8 mm hose pull out wot u need first then close the door and lock.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 08:24:25 pm »
Same as above for me. 8mm hose. I walk to the furthest window coiling some extra hose as I go, then I go back to the van to grab my pole.

Just shut the van doors on the hose and lock it, else your tools cover and/or van insurance will be void I'm sure.

RPCCS

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 08:35:10 pm »
You could drill a hole in the van floor, near the back doors, fit a hose roller on the floor straddling the hole, and another underneath the same, then your hose will come from under the van with the doors locked. No brackets to fit, just the rollers, this will stop the hose from snagging and ensure it comes out straight.
http://www.redashe.com/?q=content/hose-reel-roller-guides  something like the small square ones in the front on this picture.  A mate of mine has this on his van, I will ask where he got them from and report back.
Cheers Rich

callum99

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 05:32:20 pm »
I must be the only person who takes my reel out of the van on most cleans, I have a much longer tubing coming from the tank that allows me to park my Van anywhere and just take out the hose reel and point it in the direction I want to go, these people banging on about electric fixed reels, can't see how you do property if you're parked on the road, about six doors before the house you have to do,, I'm right ranting today aren't I,,, now there's another open debate,, electric reels,, come on people, the job's easy enough as it is, bit of exercise won't hurt.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 05:53:49 pm »
I must be the only person who takes my reel out of the van on most cleans,

Yep. You're Probably right  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

james peters

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 07:03:19 pm »
move to south wales by the beacons .... nothing gets robbed lol lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

robbo333

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2018, 07:57:52 pm »
I use pole hose on my main reel. Just shut the tailgate and lock it.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

JandS

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 08:19:10 pm »
Lock the front just leave back door ajar.....not much worth nicking most days unless it's a full upvc clean and gutter clear.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

JandS

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 08:20:41 pm »
I won't work anywhere round here that I class as rough and I know them all.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 10:25:14 pm »
move to south wales by the beacons .... nothing gets robbed lol lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not even in Merthyr?  :o
It's a game of three halves!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 10:27:01 pm »
I have my reel sort of sat in a wooden tray which 90% of the time is fine and I shut the doors on the reel hose if I feel the need.

But if parking is awkward then I lift the reel out and point it in the right direction and shut the rear doors on the first latch if I need to on the 12mm feed hose to the reel.
It's a game of three halves!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 06:05:13 am »
I have under van ports. It's just a hole through the van floor and an l shaped piece of metal welded underneath at the back

DeLuce

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 06:50:10 am »
I must be the only person who takes my reel out of the van on most cleans, I have a much longer tubing coming from the tank that allows me to park my Van anywhere and just take out the hose reel and point it in the direction I want to go, these people banging on about electric fixed reels, can't see how you do property if you're parked on the road, about six doors before the house you have to do,, I'm right ranting today aren't I,,, now there's another open debate,, electric reels,, come on people, the job's easy enough as it is, bit of exercise won't hurt.

I tried the reel outside the van when I first started cleaning. After one week I thought it was extra effort for not much gain! I fixed the reel in the van and it's a much better system. (Saying that, we're all different and have other preferences),. Less lugging about. You can pull the reel as hard as you like and it won't shift around.
Electric : its not a necessity, but makes life easier imo. Especially as you get older,work wiser!  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 08:45:51 am »

its far easier to have a fixed reel in the van and if you buy a decent reel(like a cox reel)its virtually effortless to reel in negating the need for an electric reel..... :)
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 10:28:29 am »

its far easier to have a fixed reel in the van and if you buy a decent reel(like a cox reel)its virtually effortless to reel in negating the need for an electric reel..... :)

It might be effortless but long term , it’s no good for your joints. Just like cyclists who cycle every day , eventually end up with bad knees. That’s why Iv just bought an electric mountain bike , so I can cycle at speeds of 15mph  with my friends and not worry about fatigue or aching joints  :)

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 06:07:56 pm »

It might be effortless but long term , it’s no good for your joints. Just like cyclists who cycle every day , eventually end up with bad knees. That’s why Iv just bought an electric mountain bike , so I can cycle at speeds of 15mph  with my friends and not worry about fatigue or aching joints  :)

sorry mate i think your talking rubbish.... :)

reeling in a bit of hose is not bad for the joints at all and neither is weight training 3 times a week.if anything its good for the joints.... 8)
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 11:40:40 pm »

sorry mate i think your talking rubbish.... :)

reeling in a bit of hose is not bad for the joints at all and neither is weight training 3 times a week.if anything its good for the joints.... 8)

He is right have you not hurd of rsi ?????