Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

Water meters
« on: May 31, 2018, 08:14:35 pm »
We have looked at some new build properties, which have meters, how many of you are metered and roughly how much are you paying per month for water.? We are not metered and wont have one if we stay put, but if we move and the property is metered, we can't get removed if it was fitted previous to us moving in. It can only be removed if we request it to be fitted, then find its too expensive within 12 months.
Cheers Rich

dazmond

Re: Water meters
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 08:27:53 pm »
im paying £50 a month and that covers my usage (and making  pure water)so roughly £600 a year.DI only.....i claim £360 a year for water expenses.....
price higher/work harder!

Go

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 09:08:49 pm »
We pay £1.30 a cube, metered off hydrants.

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 11:36:09 pm »
We have looked at some new build properties, which have meters, how many of you are metered and roughly how much are you paying per month for water.? We are not metered and wont have one if we stay put, but if we move and the property is metered, we can't get removed if it was fitted previous to us moving in. It can only be removed if we request it to be fitted, then find its too expensive within 12 months.

If you have a sub meter fitted for the water that you use for work you will only pay for the water not the sewerage charge on it that makes a huge difference speak to the water company they can fit one for you

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 07:37:52 am »
You can try the submeter thing for the sewerage relief But my water board (Yorkshire water) wouldn't do it as apparently the sewerage system in my area was different.

With regards water costs,  my total is £80 per month on a meter but that includes
a  family of 4  and running and R.O 50/50 waste pure all week.

I would estimate £40 per month on just my pure water.

Even if you can't get sewerage relief you can fit your own sub meter and claim the total amount of water used for business on your tax return.

RPCCS

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 08:00:34 am »
Thanks all, that’s given me an idea of costs, didnt realise you could claim water useage as a business expense.  I have the 200gpd ro system, and have the tap running 24 hours,about 3 times a week.
Cheers Rich

Pete Thompson

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 01:26:08 pm »
I'm on a meter and pay about £90 per month.  About £60 of it is for window cleaning.

I keep getting emails from the water company warning me that my usage is extremely high for a 2-person household.  I have an off-the-shelf water meter before my RO so I can keep track of exactly how much water my system is using, so I just claim the cost of it against tax.

LBWCS

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 02:17:00 pm »
It’s important to have an efficient ro when being on a meter. I changed from a merlin to a 4040 because the waste water ratio is much better