Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Re: Speed does not effect quality: just saying!
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2018, 09:56:09 am »
Some nonsense talked on here, there are two types of speed, 1 a skilled operator woking at an optimum level and 2 the guy who's more interested in getting home early than doing a decent job, Nathan told us which one he is.
Pricing is a different issue, if the customer is not prepared to pay a for top qua;lity service then there is nothing wrong with offering a level of service that fits that price, you can make money either by numbers or high priced quality and both work.
On my higher priced work I tend to take a slower more cautious approach and there is certainly a better overall quality than the
cheaper quicker work.

😂😂😂
Missed ya........... 🤔
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2018, 10:12:09 am »
As has been said on 4 or 6 weekly repeat cleans there's very little to remove from the glass other than a small amount of dust and so on (that's why I laugh  at the hot and snake oil users ) but in reality what slows us down tends to be things like degraded powdery frames, leaky openers, degraded rubber seals, leaded windows, problem vents and so on which take different slower methods to get right, the time you spend trying to get perfection on these will depend on pricing.

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2018, 10:56:30 am »
Your right, but those things which may or may not slow us down can be few n far between.

Heres another vid I did yesterday for  my channel, regarding maintenance cleans.
Haha, i produce the vids which are  for public viewing and so takng criticism is part n parcel of that, but lets not be little kids and start insulting for the sake of it. (feels like im talking to my kids who are eight yrs old n younger...... Yet in reality its adults  on this forum, i sometimes forget that with the petty insults (tosh for instance)    ;D

https://youtu.be/K1mya6rmIBU
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Mick Kent

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2018, 11:05:20 am »
surely its well known that tosh is a half japanese/half geordie cross dresser who likes to run after his missus up hills and valleys for miles and miles in his spare time most weekends! ;D

Tosh is also punching...i have seen her bottom... ;-)

Mick Kent

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2018, 11:08:59 am »
Im pure splash and dash. I rush every job in and out and onto the next. As Nath said we are cleaning clean glass. First cleans i do take my time as i see it as the investment clean..any clean after that are licky to get 3/5 mins on the fronts.
Its a business to make money not to lose it with extra unneeded scrubbing and rinsing.

John Mart

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2018, 01:11:45 pm »
Some nonsense talked on here, there are two types of speed, 1 a skilled operator woking at an optimum level and 2 the guy who's more interested in getting home early than doing a decent job, Nathan told us which one he is.
Pricing is a different issue, if the customer is not prepared to pay a for top qua;lity service then there is nothing wrong with offering a level of service that fits that price, you can make money either by numbers or high priced quality and both work.
On my higher priced work I tend to take a slower more cautious approach and there is certainly a better overall quality than the
cheaper quicker work.

Me too. Employees have no such concerns though. On some jobs I have to tell them how long to take.  ;D

Don Kee

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2018, 04:36:02 pm »
Your right, but those things which may or may not slow us down can be few n far between.

Heres another vid I did yesterday for  my channel, regarding maintenance cleans.
Haha, i produce the vids which are  for public viewing and so takng criticism is part n parcel of that, but lets not be little kids and start insulting for the sake of it. (feels like im talking to my kids who are eight yrs old n younger...... Yet in reality its adults  on this forum, i sometimes forget that with the petty insults (tosh for instance)    ;D

You realise by putting that at the end you’re being a hypocrite and insulting people.
Even a passive agressive insult is an insult my friend, so much for the not lowering of standards and not retaliating...

Don Kee

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 04:37:50 pm »
cheaper quicker work.

Me too. Employees have no such concerns though. On some jobs I have to tell them how long to take.  ;D

Are you still “on the glass” or have you managed to get to the stage of not having to go out now?
Agree whole heartledly about the employee thing, as much as they can talk a good game, they’ll never “care” as much as you do!

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2018, 06:44:00 pm »
on topic im also a "splash and dasher".ive been WFP 8 years this month and you get good at it when you do it every day.....i cant remember the  last time i had a complaint....ive certainly not had one this year yet..... :)

im also quick on 6-8 weekly cleans too........hot water and a high flow helps esp at this time of year.my water is at 50-60c!great for melting bird muck,snail trails and little bee/fly/pollen spots off the glass with ease....

when i go to work.....i work.....i dont waste time fannying around......same when i go to the gym.im there to work out not stand around chatting/staring at a phone/ipod like the majority of people do... ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2018, 07:20:34 pm »
I find starting at the furthest point away from the van IS NOT the quickest way to clean a house ime . I did that for years and then had a good think about how things could be quicker

Dry Clean

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2018, 07:47:07 pm »

Watch him clean the bottom front window, time wise about 3.18mins into the vid, part of the window not even touched, quality my posterior.

paul alan

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2018, 07:50:16 pm »
I find starting at the furthest point away from the van IS NOT the quickest way to clean a house ime . I did that for years and then had a good think about how things could be quicker

Care to share?

Shrek

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2018, 08:02:00 pm »

Care to share?

Ok old way - part 1 -
so grab my pole and hose , walk past all the front and side of the house to the farthest point which is the back of the house and start cleaning the bedroom windows, then lower the pole do downstairs living room & kitchen.
Move onto side , raise pole do top side window , then lower pole , clean frosted side windows or whatever.
Move to the front , raise pole one last time , clean bedroom windows , lower pole and clean front door then bay window next to it .... raising and lowering the pole 3 times

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2018, 08:04:15 pm »
on topic im also a "splash and dasher".ive been WFP 8 years this month and you get good at it when you do it every day.....i cant remember the  last time i had a complaint....ive certainly not had one this year yet..... :)

im also quick on 6-8 weekly cleans too........hot water and a high flow helps esp at this time of year.my water is at 50-60c!great for melting bird muck,snail trails and little bee/fly/pollen spots off the glass with ease....

when i go to work.....i work.....i dont waste time fannying around......same when i go to the gym.im there to work out not stand around chatting/staring at a phone/ipod like the majority of people do... ::)roll

I think you've got hot water and gym tourettes Dazmond!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2018, 08:06:37 pm »
Very Interesting Nathan.

I thought I was quick, but I'm much more thorough than in your video.

Do you really not rinse at all on maintenance cleans?

I clean similar to you but followed by a rinse. I would have rinses the door as well.

If how you clean does a good enough Job I could perhaps not need to take on another employee! I shall have to give it a go and see if I get any complaints.

Dry Clean

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2018, 08:09:29 pm »

Going by your previous posts back before you had a shiny new van and £5.5k immersion heater to justify you certainly didn't
give the impression of being a knock them out quick headless chicken.
Thats the problem when you let your expenses run away from you, they have to be paid for by extra work.

Shrek

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2018, 08:39:01 pm »
Part 2 - grab pole and hose , instead of walking past all the front and side windows, raise pole and start on front bedroom windows, work your way round to the back bedroom windows, wipe drips and then lower pole and start on windows underneath- work your way round to the front.
Raising and lowering the pole only once , Iv found this method a lot faster than my old way

nathankaye

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2018, 09:09:13 pm »
Very Interesting Nathan.

I clean similar to you but followed by a rinse. I would have rinses the door as well.

If how you clean does a good enough Job I could perhaps not need to take on another employee! I shall have to give it a go and see if I get any complaints.

Thats why i put the apology for sound on the video, because I was using a bluetooth headset that should have picked up my speech better. When i first angle the brush it was to show the cascade of water from the spray bar.  You can make it out when i clean the dow stairs front middle window and/or other videos where i show the spray of water.  I also explain how with such an heavy flow of water, im rinsing and agitating at the same time.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2018, 09:16:01 pm »
Very Interesting Nathan.

Thats why i put the apology for sound on the video, because I was using a bluetooth headset that should have picked up my speech better. When i first angle the brush it was to show the cascade of water from the spray bar.  You can make it out when i clean the dow stairs front middle window and/or other videos where i show the spray of water.  I also explain how with such an heavy flow of water, im rinsing and agitating at the same time.

Ok.

I will have to have to give a rinse bar a try certainly looks fast.

What about when you don't use a to see bar is technique the same?

Stoots

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2018, 09:18:32 pm »
Part 2 - grab pole and hose , instead of walking past all the front and side windows, raise pole and start on front bedroom windows, work your way round to the back bedroom windows, wipe drips and then lower pole and start on windows underneath- work your way round to the front.
Raising and lowering the pole only once , Iv found this method a lot faster than my old way

Have you timed it mate? Or this just based on perception?

I will have to do a few experiments with my technique to see it I can squeeze some more speed out.

I'm fast enough but always good to be faster.