This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Spotting in the sun
« on: April 19, 2018, 01:29:48 pm »
Anyone else notice this?

It roasting today and I've noticed spotting on a few windows today.

It's upset me a bit lol, my TDS is zero  and technique flawless of course.

Never noticed when it's cold, hope it's just the sun.

Marc Stock

Re: Spotting in the sun
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 01:37:37 pm »
When cleaning in hot sunlight, clean the frames first on all the windows. 90 percent of the time the frames will be oxidizing in the sun, and those spots are a result of that. Once frames are done, do the glass only.

Also flow is king, high flow on hot days is really the only way.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 02:05:24 pm »
Agree with Mark.   I set my flow higher on hot sunny days
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Steven Biggs

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 02:10:59 pm »
Just sack it off and get the vino out .

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 02:16:47 pm »
I decided to work half day today as ive only 6 houses left this week and they can wait till morning.
So, gone to lakeside pub and phone wive who was in town to meet me with my littlest and we had a nice drink n enjoying this glorious sun before it disappears

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Marc Stock

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 02:38:38 pm »
Ahh thats nice. Nathan.

Personally i wouldn't put pics up of my kids on a public forum. But there you go.  ::)roll

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 02:43:23 pm »
Ahh thats nice. Nathan.

Personally i wouldn't put pics up of my kids on a public forum. But there you go.  ::)roll

I doubt paedos are stalking a window cleaning forum
Though there are some dodgey characters on here  ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 02:43:37 pm »
Did you actually give them a rub to see if its your doing, some windows will have ingrained spotting that shows up better
in full sun, dodgy rubber seals can also give more problems in full sun as the frames can expand slightly in the heat allowing more water to get in behind them and drip onto the glass after you have finished.

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 03:06:09 pm »
Anyone else notice this?

It roasting today and I've noticed spotting on a few windows today.

It's upset me a bit lol, my TDS is zero  and technique flawless of course.

Never noticed when it's cold, hope it's just the sun.

You did say you’ve been doing 1st cleans all day pal , maybe they’re just filthy and need a good flushing out 👍

paul alan

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 04:15:33 pm »
I had a nursing home yesterday that I do in and out, I did the outside and spent longer on the top frames so that when I went back later to do the insides they would look perfect.

I went back later and still found some spots. Not many but 2-3 windows out of 48 still enough to annoy me.

Its slightly diss-heartening to try your best and still find imperfections, makes you wander if your leaving spots everywhere you go?

I think I will try the "all frames first then glass" method.

paul alan

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 04:16:43 pm »
Did you actually give them a rub to see if its your doing, some windows will have ingrained spotting that shows up better
in full sun, dodgy rubber seals can also give more problems in full sun as the frames can expand slightly in the heat allowing more water to get in behind them and drip onto the glass after you have finished.

The winters may be harsh but at least they are easy to clean windows in hey!

deeege

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 04:27:31 pm »
I had a nursing home yesterday that I do in and out, I did the outside and spent longer on the top frames so that when I went back later to do the insides they would look perfect.

I went back later and still found some spots. Not many but 2-3 windows out of 48 still enough to annoy me.

Its slightly diss-heartening to try your best and still find imperfections, makes you wander if your leaving spots everywhere you go?

I did a nursing home yesterday too, second clean. Flew through the outsides, was expecting some spotting tbh but they were dry by the time I cleaned the internals and all completely spotless.

Out of interest, why do you return the next day to clean the insides? 48 windows could be cleaned in/out the same day surely?  The home that I cleaned was 120+ windows and I was done there before dinner.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Slacky

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2018, 04:27:59 pm »
I had a pressure washing job on today. Made the fatal mistake of parking the pressure washer too close to the conservatory.

Shrek

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 04:44:59 pm »
Oh dear slacky , how u gonna sort that out?

Slacky

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 04:47:08 pm »
Insurance.

NWH

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 05:09:02 pm »
Forget hot water just giving you comfort in the cold weather this hot weather is when I find it comes into its own,I cleaned a house today on 28degree heat my water was at 55 degrees the Windows were dry in minutes in some cases seconds with just a few spots left,you could almost check as you go it was leaving such little amounts of water behind on the glass.

paul alan

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 05:20:15 pm »

I did a nursing home yesterday too, second clean. Flew through the outsides, was expecting some spotting tbh but they were dry by the time I cleaned the internals and all completely spotless.

Out of interest, why do you return the next day to clean the insides? 48 windows could be cleaned in/out the same day surely?  The home that I cleaned was 120+ windows and I was done there before dinner.

I didn't mate, if you re-read my post it says I went back later.

As you know if you do nursing homes t-time is a good time to clean inside as they are mostly around the dinner tables and not so much in the way.

Spruce

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 05:50:13 pm »
Another reason for getting spots in the warm weather is that the water has dried before its washed the contaminates away.  A window cleaner in Cyprus says they have to spray the window first and cool it down before they can clean it. So you need to rinse a lot more when cleaning those sun facing windows.

And of course you also need to use pure water rather than 'thats good enough' pure water.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 06:01:08 pm »
a very high flow helps in warm weather.(my water was at 55c-60c too which helps a lot)

most of my jobs today were 2 monthly with a fair amount of bird muck,snail trails and little yellow spots on the windows...very hot water just melts the marks off... :)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 06:22:41 pm »

yep i agree sean.full sun will show up EVERY little mark on the glass both outside and inside....

dont worry lads itll be raining again next week... ;D
price higher/work harder!