This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dry Clean

Re: Spotting in the sun
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2018, 11:59:59 am »
Rain wont be 000ppm when it hits the glass, should we clean in the rain or if rain is due on the day ? some of you guys cant see the wood for the trees. lol

No your right, thats why i get hundreds of complaints and have to work the whoke day again that i did in the rain,,,,, ::)roll ::)roll ;D
Huh?
I'm saying that rain will be above 000 so if it's ok then why can't above 000 be ok to clean with.

nathankaye

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2018, 12:23:26 pm »
Rain wont be 000ppm when it hits the glass, should we clean in the rain or if rain is due on the day ? some of you guys cant see the wood for the trees. lol

No your right, thats why i get hundreds of complaints and have to work the whoke day again that i did in the rain,,,,, ::)roll ::)roll ;D
Huh?
I'm saying that rain will be above 000 so if it's ok then why can't above 000 be ok to clean with.

Sorry my misunderstanding
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2018, 02:33:08 pm »
So to clarify, are you simoky saying that spotting on the window is purely down to water tds? That the complaints about previous window cleaners they have tried and the conclusion is down to the water?

Ime I would say not

No it’s down to technique as well but with the best technique in the world you won’t get good results with poor water quality both are needed but you are likely to get better results with a poor cleaning approach and pure water

G Griffin

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2018, 05:40:34 pm »
Another reason for getting spots in the warm weather is that the water has dried before its washed the contaminates away.  A window cleaner in Cyprus says they have to spray the window first and cool it down before they can clean it. So you need to rinse a lot more when cleaning those sun facing windows.

And of course you also need to use pure water rather than 'thats good enough' pure water.
Correct.
The hot glass will eat your water so you need to use more.
It surprises me how many window cleaners don't get how the prevailing conditions affect the job
Two separate windows on the same house can be very different to clean.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2018, 06:14:17 pm »
Not quite on subject but im more weary of windows that have been in the blazing sun all day for when I come to clean them. As, I could be wrong and probably i am, but the metal in the frames could have already expanded due to the heat and so when I add even hotter water to the window I feel I have more chance of cracking the glass now, than in the winter months
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Bungle

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2018, 06:21:05 pm »
Some glass is just plain pants and has ingrained marks all over it. In full sun they look diabolical. My old house had pants glass but they weren't that old.

WFP doesn't always get the best results over trad.
We look at them, they look through them.

Marc Stock

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2018, 11:20:01 am »

I clean if its raining, unless its sideways rain with gales. Thats just stupid.

If people think its ok to mess me abouy becouse it might rain, or looks like rain, or is lightly raining, i simply say....

oh good, its going to rain that means my bills wont need to be paid then due to the rain, you know i save so much on gas and electric, rent, fuel, food etc as of course its all free of charge when it might rain...

That makes them think and realize we doing this for a living, not because we feel like cleaning windows out of the kindness of our souls.

Dry Clean

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2018, 12:15:39 pm »

I clean if its raining, unless its sideways rain with gales. Thats just stupid.

If people think its ok to mess me abouy becouse it might rain, or looks like rain, or is lightly raining, i simply say....

oh good, its going to rain that means my bills wont need to be paid then due to the rain, you know i save so much on gas and electric, rent, fuel, food etc as of course its all free of charge when it might rain...

That makes them think and realize we doing this for a living, not because we feel like cleaning windows out of the kindness of our souls.

I'm not saying that you should or shouldn't clean in the rain, the point I'm making is that if rain water which is above 000 can
land on the glass without spotting then its going to be the same with the water in your tank if its above 000.

Marc Stock

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2018, 12:44:46 pm »
Aggreed to a point. The rain does bring dirt with it again, thats why they get dirty eventually. But yes the wont spot like having squeegied windows using soap.

As far im concerned, i tell my customers that i use de ionized water, that is as close to 100 % pure as i can get it. Keeping it at 000 is good practice as it backs up my claim, i dont understand why take the risks cleaning at 005 or 015 your risking your reputation and if you claim to be using pure water, thats a false claim.

It doesnt cost any more or any less to change it when it gets to 001.

dazmond

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2018, 05:32:02 pm »
ive just filled up for tomorrow...my water is reading 001.should i dump it down the drain eh marc? ;D
price higher/work harder!

Marc Stock

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2018, 06:53:32 pm »
Yes.  ;D

Marc Stock

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2018, 06:57:13 pm »
ive just filled up for tomorrow...my water is reading 001.should i dump it down the drain eh marc? ;D
Do you store your water as DI Daz?

Splash & dash

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2018, 08:52:14 pm »
Another reason for getting spots in the warm weather is that the water has dried before its washed the contaminates away.  A window cleaner in Cyprus says they have to spray the window first and cool it down before they can clean it. So you need to rinse a lot more when cleaning those sun facing windows.

And of course you also need to use pure water rather than 'thats good enough' pure water.
Correct.
The hot glass will eat your water so you need to use more.
It surprises me how many window cleaners don't get how the prevailing conditions affect the job
Two separate windows on the same house can be very different to clean.

This is very Intresting since using hot water we are actually quicker on a hot day , cold water will turn to steam far quicker than hot does don’t understand the science behind it but that’s how it works for us and we do a lot of costal work lagged with salt never get spotting and don’t find we use more water on hot days we do the same jobs summer and winter and always  do the same amount of work each day with very similar amounts of water

dazmond

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2018, 10:27:16 pm »
Do you store your water as DI Daz?

yes marc.....i filled a second DI on friday(as my single vessel was reading 004)so its now down to 001(due to having a bit of higher TDS water left in my tank from friday)....

so from tomorrow evening when i fill up again itll be 000.(it takes me 20-30 mins to purify my water DI only)
price higher/work harder!

Marc Stock

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2018, 01:53:09 pm »
Hmmm ok.

So you dont DI on demand?

The tank water in the van is RO water and its pumped and deionised as its used.