This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

premier window cleaners

constructor brush
« on: March 31, 2018, 07:06:57 pm »
Hi
Anyone used one of these? Are they any good with fanning technique?
At £139 seems fairly pricey

Thanks

bobplum

Re: constructor brush
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 08:09:24 pm »
bit like marmite, you either love them or you hate them, i do like them but due to shoulder injury find they are slightly too heavy for me to be using them all the time

zesty

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 09:18:24 pm »
Load of rubbish,

Basically all brushes do the same thing, I’ve been using xtreme brushes the last 2 years after using almost all the other ranges. There light, easy to use and clean well. I’ve never noticed much diffemrve between cleaning power in brushes.

A brush is a brush, and basically, they all work the same, no point spending £££ on a heavy brick that’s made for people who haven’t got anything better to do than try out the latest toy.

Stick to cheap gardiner brushes. You can’t go wrong!

;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 10:52:47 pm »
Agree Zesty, there are a few on this forum who seem to be constantly fighting a losing battle to remove a months worth of dust
from a pane of glass.

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 12:03:20 am »
How much?

Please don't tell me anyone and paid £139 quid for a brush? A heavy one at that

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 12:41:35 am »
Load of rubbish,

Basically all brushes do the same thing, I’ve been using xtreme brushes the last 2 years after using almost all the other ranges. There light, easy to use and clean well. I’ve never noticed much diffemrve between cleaning power in brushes.

A brush is a brush, and basically, they all work the same, no point spending £££ on a heavy brick that’s made for people who haven’t got anything better to do than try out the latest toy.

;D

Have you used the constructor brush?

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 12:44:02 am »
Hi
Anyone used one of these? Are they any good with fanning technique?
At £139 seems fairly pricey

Thanks

I am testing one out now.

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 01:05:39 am »
£139 for a piece of moulded plastic and some bristles is without doubt beyond the far side of pi55-take.

H MAN

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 01:10:14 am »

[/quote]

[/quote]
While you at it could you give size and weight of the bush complete with everything on the brush??

bobplum

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 09:33:26 am »
£139 for a piece of moulded plastic and some bristles is without doubt beyond the far side of pi55-take.

Its Aluminum i believe 

Slacky

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2018, 09:37:47 am »
Oh well, in that case ....

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 12:08:39 pm »

[/quote]
While you at it could you give size and weight of the bush complete with everything on the brush??
[/quote]

Sure, I have a spare 18 inch Constructor brush with hydroblade in the garage, I can weigh it later for you and take a pic :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2018, 12:35:22 pm »
As with any tool... I think it is important to ask opinions of 'users' of the tool your interested in. A bonus too if the user is able to compare with other brushes.

I take opinions with a pinch of salt when tool opinions start with, " looks cheap......" or "looks heavy...." or "looks like it would break..." and more often than not is followed up with a discredit of some sort - not all but sometimes. The operative word is 'look' but never the word 'used'.

I would be more interested in those that have made a purchase and gave it a good go. I would weigh this up with how many 'got on with it' and 'how many did not'...... I would then ask 'could this make a difference to me or my work?' - Cost is the last thing I weigh up. The cost has to be relative to the answers I find.

You might want to include YouTube in your research too.

The Constructor brush comes with a 'Reach-iT' technique. Sadly, knowing this industry, a lot will be slow to understand this new way of thinking, in fact, a lot will dismiss.

I swapped out my Tucker brush for the Constructor brush with Hydroblade. At first, it is difficult to resist doing a final rinse and getting your head around the limited number of agitation passes you need to make. At first, it feels like you are patting your head and rubbing your stomach.

In the end, you will fly through your work. The stock shape with its unique corner jets and corner bristles, the blade bristles, canon diameter and distance apart from each other and positioning have been calibrated to work like a squeegee works. It's amazing stuff, and I am still testing it.

I tested it out on first cleans the other day to great success.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2018, 12:41:07 pm »
Load of rubbish,

;D

Gardiner brushes are great my lads are using them. But the Constructor brush with Hydro Blade is something totally different.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2018, 12:50:02 pm »
I took these pictures back in 2016 of a Constructor brush Vs Gardiner sill brush in terms of weight.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2018, 12:53:21 pm »
Hope this helps ^^^

H MAN

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2018, 01:20:34 pm »
Hope this helps ^^^
What length were they please??  ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2018, 02:35:57 pm »
My favourite brush is the constructor brush. The biggest time saving is on hydrophobic glass as it doesn't exist using  a hydroblade on the brush.  I can easily earn more using this brush. Bought my brushes on black friday week-end when they were cheapest.  It makes a big difference what bristle set up you use. I prefer wide bristles top and bottom for reaching right in the corners, especially on the sills and soft medium length hogs hair for scrubbing power. Don't like industrial bristles as they are too stiff and the swift version is too soft , the outer bristles are too short. Don't like Reach-it's gooseneck even though it is good operational as it falls to bits in constant use so I modified Gardiner's swivel goosnecks which don't fall apart. On the hydroblades I don't like using every other hole open, I prefer every hole open for a better flow. on small windows allowing a single pass vertically. The bristles have a good water retention which I like. Not going to try and convert others, it works for me and I'm happy.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2018, 02:43:15 pm »
So the Constructor brush including angle adapter is lighter than a Gardiners with angle adapter?

It's still gonna have to be some brush for that sort of money!

bobplum

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2018, 03:55:09 pm »
As with any tool... I think it is important to ask opinions of 'users' of the tool your interested in. A bonus too if the user is able to compare with other brushes.

I take opinions with a pinch of salt when tool opinions start with, " looks cheap......" or "looks heavy...." or "looks like it would break..." and more often than not is followed up with a discredit of some sort - not all but sometimes. The operative word is 'look' but never the word 'used'.

I would be more interested in those that have made a purchase and gave it a good go. I would weigh this up with how many 'got on with it' and 'how many did not'...... I would then ask 'could this make a difference to me or my work?' - Cost is the last thing I weigh up. The cost has to be relative to the answers I find.

You might want to include YouTube in your research too.

The Constructor brush comes with a 'Reach-iT' technique. Sadly, knowing this industry, a lot will be slow to understand this new way of thinking, in fact, a lot will dismiss.

I swapped out my Tucker brush for the Constructor brush with Hydroblade. At first, it is difficult to resist doing a final rinse and getting your head around the limited number of agitation passes you need to make. At first, it feels like you are patting your head and rubbing your stomach.

In the end, you will fly through your work. The stock shape with its unique corner jets and corner bristles, the blade bristles, canon diameter and distance apart from each other and positioning have been calibrated to work like a squeegee works. It's amazing stuff, and I am still testing it.

I tested it out on first cleans the other day to great success.

totally agree