This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

p1w1

Re: constructor brush
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2018, 03:58:10 pm »
So the Constructor brush including angle adapter is lighter than a Gardiners with angle adapter?

It's still gonna have to be some brush for that sort of money!
A Gardiners sill brush which is the heaviest brush they do.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2018, 06:05:11 pm »
Right. I was thinking the one in the picture was a standard Supa Lite.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2018, 06:54:19 pm »
Hope this helps ^^^
What length were they please??  ;D

If memory serves me that's like a 14" er or something?? (in the picture)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2018, 06:59:02 pm »
So the Constructor brush including angle adapter is lighter than a Gardiners with angle adapter?

You have no idea, buddy.... look can I be honest, do a little research - see if it is right for you and your business, find someone who has one, better still come have a tea with me at the new Window Cleaning Village at the Cleaning Show 2019 London... these products will be there. Do not want to do that? Give me a call, I would be happy to explain how the brush works, the rest is up to you.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2018, 07:08:27 pm »

A Gardiners sill brush which is the heaviest brush they do.

Oh man, do you know that you are talking only in grams here like not megagrams that run into kilos but at an insane macro level? Like weight, that you can never TELL!

Ok, what would you like me to weigh it against next?

Once you get past this weight fixation, which is a red heroin and neither here nor there in relation to Gardiner VS Constructor and a block for you... I might add...

Actually, scrub that - if you have a block here, you will not understand the rest in relation to this brush. My advice to you is stick with what you know.

Me? I'm testing this for my guys because I want to be more efficient in my business. And my initial tests on this brush are delivering that.

p1w1

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2018, 07:26:46 pm »
If that was aimed at me I'm not bothered what you weigh it against as i have no interest in it. I was just pointing out to the other guy its weighed against the heaviest gardiners brush and all there others will be a lighter.
i actually disagree with you, there can be a big difference when using a lighter brush day in day out compared to a Sill brush or that constructor brush i wouldn't use either.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2018, 07:28:48 pm »
If that was aimed at me I'm not bothered what you weigh it against as i have no interest in it. I was just pointing out to the other guy its weighed against the heaviest gardiners brush and all there others will be a lighter.
i actually disagree with you, there can be a big difference when using a lighter brush day in day out compared to a Sill brush or that constructor brush i wouldn't use either.

Are you using a Gardiner Superlite?

p1w1

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2018, 07:31:00 pm »

Are you using a Gardiner Superlite?
No mainly the supreme (i like the smaller stock and wider bristle splay on them) for standard residential 20-25ft over that i use the extreme and both with extreme poles.
i actually got the new version of the sill brush when they came out and used it on 2 houses before it was taken off and only use to wash the van down now  ;D

tony day

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2018, 07:36:52 pm »
Hi
Anyone used one of these? Are they any good with fanning technique?
At £139 seems fairly pricey
It's a bag of Sh#t! Don't ask Lee Burbidge, he's too busy blowing smoke up Perry's arse!
Thanks

matthewprice

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2018, 07:37:40 pm »
I like the look of this brush .only problem I see ,is that I would have is the top bar rinse ,as I live on the coast I get a lot of salt on the top of the frames .so I try no clean only to the top of the glass,i think the rinse bar just under the top line of bristles would work even better for me .

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2018, 07:38:35 pm »

It is ok that we agree to disagree :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2018, 07:41:05 pm »
Hi
It's a bag of Sh#t! Don't ask Lee Burbidge, he's too busy blowing smoke up Perry's arse!
Thanks

I think you were in such a hurry to troll your message out that you typed your message within the quote you chose. :)

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2018, 09:19:25 pm »
IMHO.... Lee Burbidge's oppinion is FAR from unbiased!!!! 

Usually, if you are experienced enough and something looks shi*e.. it usually is just that!! Unless of course you obtain personal gain from clearly promoting....shi*e!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

tony day

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2018, 09:22:34 pm »
Hi
Thanks

I think you were in such a hurry to troll your message out that you typed your message within the quote you chose. :)
Calm down Shrek!

Shrek

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2018, 09:30:13 pm »
Hi
Thanks

Calm down Shrek!

#itwasntme  ;D

Simon Trapani

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2018, 10:11:17 pm »
Lee I have no problem with your posts.
I use and am very happy with Gardiner's Superlites on my 25' SLX's. I use an Extreme on my Super Max.

i agree the weight between a Constructor & others is minimal in real use I'm sure.

I can't comment on  the Constructor either way as I've never used one.

I don't mean to be narrow minded either. I just meant that bearing in mind I'm happy with what I'm using, it would have to be one hell of a brush for me to spend that sort of money.

We change our brushes every 3 months or so & I thought £35 was expensive for a brush!

paul alan

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2018, 10:31:43 pm »
Is the constructor faster in everyday usage? If so how?

What is the difference between a constructor brush and any other brush with a rinse bar added to it in real terms?

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2018, 11:27:33 am »
Is the constructor faster in everyday usage? If so how?

What is the difference between a constructor brush and any other brush with a rinse bar added to it in real terms?

Hi Paul,

The Constructor brush first off is now a 'contradiction'. In the early days, Constructor brush arrived in parts, with differing bristles. The idea was that you could specifically 'build' the brush to your needs. Today things have changed. Apart from the macro design changes in stock angles the brush arrives 'made up'. But you can still change out things and 're-build' if you wanted to.

When it comes to the Constructor brush with Hydroblade, I advise you not to touch a thing. It has been set up to work as is.

The first thing to compare is the bristles. The bristles form more of a blade and they are angled and positioned in their rows in such a way that it causes the pure water to act in a certain way. On other brushes, the bristles are clustered in rows with gaps between each cluster. I think the technical term in brush making is 'knots'.
These type of brushes are made exactly the same as a broom or sweeping brush is made, holes are punched at breakneck speeds and instantly populated with bristles or knots.

The bristles are made differently on the Constructor. There are no gaps, and no huge 'knots'. On the Hydroblade model, different bristles do different work.

I digress here for a moment, I just thought of another advantage of these Constructor bristles... with my other brushes whether it be Tucker, Gardiner or whatever... when the bristles become worn I had to buy the whole thing to replace. Don't get me wrong, I would use them far past the time I should of sometimes, but that's the risk you take. To fix this I would have to buy a whole new brush.

In a world where throw away plastics is causing a major problem in our seas to the extent that microplastic is working its way back to the food and water you eat and drink daily, perhaps its time to consider our involvement in that.

I digress further... I'm just as bad at throwaway plastic - (this has nothing to do with Constructor brush btw) but seeing the news, the rubbish in the country lanes and on our beaches, I think about this more. I popped down to Makro the other week to buy coffee/tea/milk and cups and plastic spoons for the office. I made a conscious effort to buy wood stirrers instead of plastic spoons. Just the tiniest things like that can help. And a start, I hope I continue to think like this.

Back to bristles - On the Constructor brush, if say the corner bristles have worn badly, you can just pop them out and buy replacements for a few quid! Just like changing a squeegee rubber - although you are going to need a screwdriver and probably best do it the night before work especially if you have not changed out a set of bristles before.

Back to how the Constructor brusk works with the hydro blade ...

Let's talk about rinse bars - I was corrected by using the term 'rinse bar' for the Constructor brush and that the term is 'hydro blade'. OK,  I'm not fussed what to call it :)

The hydro blade is not just a tube with holes drilled in randomly like most, the diameter of the cannons, the angle and the distance between canons are designed to create a constant flow just above the bristles in such a way. A lot of 3D printing and testing went on to get the right flow to work with the bristles. There are two cannons either side to take care of the corners, with the corner bristles ensuring no spots in the corner.

I will try and film what happens but on the down stroke, the Constructor brush creates a tumble effect ( it traps the water and scrapes it down the glass). The tightly knit blades drag dirty water from the glass, which reduces the amount of time needed to agitate ( assuming zero TDS water) leaving behind only pure water.

Test: Try the constructor brush and hydro blade on Hydrophobic glass and see if a hydrophilic effect follows the brush.

I have tested this out on a couple first cleans with great results in less time it takes me to clean the old way.

On maintenance cleans, like monthly residential, it feels like your cheating because part of the learning process and way of using this brush is to resist the need to rinse.

You will put yourself through a learning curve of worry for about a day as well, you will be checking your work worried, 'it surely cannot clean as well and as quick', and you will waste time working that out to re-assure yourself.

You will worry that limited up strokes and down strokes, with no final rinse will provide a poor job, but it does not.

To get the best out of the brush further you have to think and treat the brush like a squeegee. Yep... bet you pulled a face reading that part, but its true. I have not quite got to using the Reach-iT technique just yet as most my windows are smaller than I have seen the Reach-iT technique demonstrated on. But I do use this brush like a squeegee knowing I am pulling dirty off and not trying to rub it into oblivion.

When you mop over a window to squeegee up, how many time do you go over the glass with your mop? Once? Twice? For me its once if its maintenance.

I bet it's not 5 or 6 times right, like you may be doing on Hydrophobic glass with your water fed pole.

Constructor brush with hydro blade acts like a squeegee pulling the dirt off the glass. No other brush does this. My testing continues, but I understand how this brush works and compares to your existing brush and I have been shocked at the time saved so far. I am still working with it although the office is keeping me off the tools lately.

My goal is to complete a time span with using the brush, write about my experience more than likely film parts of it and then work out how I am going to explain this to my employees.

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2018, 11:29:59 am »
Lee I have no problem with your posts.
I use and am very happy with Gardiner's Superlites on my 25' SLX's. I use an Extreme on my Super Max.

i agree the weight between a Constructor & others is minimal in real use I'm sure.

I can't comment on  the Constructor either way as I've never used one.

I don't mean to be narrow minded either. I just meant that bearing in mind I'm happy with what I'm using, it would have to be one hell of a brush for me to spend that sort of money.

We change our brushes every 3 months or so & I thought £35 was expensive for a brush!

TBH even Tucker brushes were super expensive. Most of that, of course, was tariff and import tax. Let us hope we get some good trade deals... :)

Lee Burbidge

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2018, 11:31:24 am »
Hi
Thanks

Calm down Shrek!

#itwasntme  ;D

lol oops. Sorry Shrek, my bad. #itwasmesir