This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slacky

Classic response to customer
« on: March 22, 2018, 07:47:29 am »
A rare gem from a Facebook group.

Tom-01

Re: Classic reopens to customer
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 08:05:38 am »
Ha ha I love that. I will remember that one.

I looked at a job yesterday, big house gutter clear and GFS clean. Straight away she was moaning about maintenance and she would rather spend money on a sofa. House is worth just under £2mil. Quoted £540. She said oooh I've had a cheaper quote can you do cheaper. Nope we can't. I was hoping closer to £400 she says and I've got another company out to quote.

No wonder the house looks a state, tighter than a ducks butt.

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Classic response to customer
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 08:17:00 am »
Haha yes it's funny.  But a little rude and unprofesional to a customers question though.

Lucky he did not get told to jog on  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

Dry Clean

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 08:43:54 am »
Haha yes it's funny.  But a little rude and unprofesional to a customers question though.

Agreed but understandable, I priced a conservatory a while back £60, 2 hour job at my take it easy pace, her reply was I was expecting it to be around a tenner, hard to give a polite reply after hearing that, lol.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 03:01:44 pm »

Agreed but understandable, I priced a conservatory a while back £60, 2 hour job at my take it easy pace, her reply was I was expecting it to be around a tenner, hard to give a polite reply after hearing that, lol.

Trying to get you down from £60 to £10 does deserve a sarcastic reply to be fair.

Ones that try and knock a small amount off I tend to respect but not agree to it.  I have seen posts before where people quote high with the intention of coming down a bit if asked.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

Marc Stock

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 03:06:09 pm »
Some people view haggling as a good way to build a rapport.

Johnny B

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 03:10:01 pm »
If someone tried to persuade me to drastically reduce my price, or if they had been quoted a lower price, I would suggest to them to get the other guy to do it for that price, I wouldn't stand in their way.  I would say it politely and with a smile.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 04:08:12 pm »
I had an enquiry and went to quote.
She said thats expensive, my last window cleaner only charged £7.
So I asked  where he was and why they enquired of a quote from me.
Haha........ They  said he came as and when he wanted and didnt do a good job and so they fired him.
I smiled and said thats the difference with me running a professional business and that of one who doesnt and thanked them for their time.
By time i walked down the path they had decided that it made sense and hired my services.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 05:22:48 pm »

Building rapport doesn't pay the bills.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 05:26:59 pm »

i think its insulting....no haggling...the price is the price.....personally i dont care whether i get the job or not really so they either accept the price or not.....

id only resent cleaning the job every time it comes around if i lower my price.....
price higher/work harder!

G Griffin

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 06:00:18 pm »
No, you're thinking of prompt payment, tea and biscuits.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Walter Mitty

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 06:07:04 pm »
Someone tried to haggle me down once on the grounds that her mother paid her window cleaner less.  Puzzled, I politely suggested that she might get a quotation from her mother's window cleaner.  The response was, "But she lives in Littlehampton," (35 miles away).
But my finest hour was many years ago before WFP was really around.  I flew around on the ladder and knocked for the money.  "That was quick," she said.  "Yes, I'm getting pretty good at this," I replied :)

lal

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 09:15:18 pm »

i think its insulting....no haggling...the price is the price.....personally i dont care whether i get the job or not really so they either accept the price or not.....

id only resent cleaning the job every time it comes around if i lower my price.....

id only resent cleaning the job every time it comes around if i lower my price....
Thats right dazmond, it then becomes a Grudge Job, thats why we should always stick with the
 Price we quote.

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 09:33:59 pm »
I had one today i went and quoted at £15

Hmmm, she though about it for a second...

We have a window cleaner and he charges £11, could you match that?

oh you have a window cleaner already  ??? (what am i doing here then)

He doesnt do a very good job and turns up when he wants  ::)roll

Ok, well for £15 i guarantee i will do a good job and i will turn up every 4 weeks

she thought about it again and said what about £13!

she then said her son wanted a quote too and he lives just round the corner

I said, yeh go on then! lol i would love to have said i told her it was 15 or bugger off but i didnt  :-[

then went and picked up the son at my normal prices, lost out on a couple of quid a month but gained £300 for the year so i was happy

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 09:38:39 pm »

Ok, well for £15 i guarantee i will do a good job and i will turn up every 4 weeks

I said, yeh go on then! lol i would love to have said i told her it was 15 or bugger off but i didnt  :-[

then went and picked up the son at my normal prices, lost out on a couple of quid a month but gained £300 for the year so i was happy

Ild be tempted to say
Yes ok, but i might skip a clean every 12 weeks
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 09:45:40 pm »
Im in a building phase at the moment looking for more work so i dont mind a few quid here and there, if i was full i wouldnt haggle but rather have a job 2 quid underpriced in a street where i have a few more than not have it so yeh not bothered on this occassion.
Ive got worse price jobs on the books.

Splash & dash

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 09:49:49 pm »

Never drop your price I always walk away people like this generaly become awkward customers difficult to get money off them with all the excuses, haven’t got any cash , I’ll take a cheque then : cheque  books in the car wife’s gone shopping , waiting for a new cheque book , ok I’ll give you my bank details and you can pay on line , long silence errrrrr ok  once I get plaid I then dump and never go back

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 10:03:01 pm »

you should of stood your ground adam....you d of got the job i reckon at £15 if you were a bit more firm.what happens when your existing customers down that road find out your doing hers cheaper then?they wont be happy thats for sure.....
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 10:30:07 pm »

you should of stood your ground adam....you d of got the job i reckon at £15 if you were a bit more firm.what happens when your existing customers down that road find out your doing hers cheaper then?they wont be happy thats for sure.....

Probably but was happy with 13 anyway. Prices will come later, right now I need more work.

Doubt they will know each other, it's a long street and they are not next to each other.

Very rare I have more than a couple on a street so I never get that problem of talking neighbours.

Slacky

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 10:30:20 pm »

That sound great but the reality is you've given them an 8% cut in price.

I wouldn't take an 8% cut in wages for any one.