This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dane

Cherry pickers - do you use them
« on: March 20, 2018, 02:17:28 pm »
Got talking to a new customer who I’ve done some interior windows for this morning - asked about exterior and they said I could quote for them, then said a company currently uses a Cherry picker.

I know you need licences etc, I know some companies own their own but for those who don’t own their own but use them - are they pricey? Or is it going to be a lot before I’ve even quoted windows. Thanks

Elfyn

Re: Cherry pickers - do you use them
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 03:28:17 pm »
I had my own cherry picker up to about 4 years ago. I sold it because it was a money pit. If you have a lot of work for it - good luck, but otherwise I would think very had before you go down that route.

Dane

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 06:25:32 pm »
Totally agree that it must Cost quite a lot of money, just when they mentioned it, it got me interested as to how these companies do such jobs. I’m not saying I could compete on that level or even attempt to In my life but was just intrigued as I guess any business owner would be. The prices must be huge unless you have your own

Don Kee

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 06:52:44 pm »
The hire prices aren’t that much, and you just incorporate into your quote anyway.
IPAF is easy to do as well.

Don’t see the point in buying our own cherry picker though, unless you need one most weeks of the year it just seems pointless.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 07:00:02 pm »
Only buy one if you also want to hire it out for another income stream but with insurance and inspections it will get pricey

cherry pickers are on hire from £80 per day - just depends on how high you want to go

on average we use 20m spider lift at £230 + vat per day ( and travel charge )

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 10:31:58 pm »
Yup the last one we had out, about 3 weeks ago, was an HR17.  £450 in total for a day.