This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul alan

new van set-up short video.
« on: January 14, 2018, 06:07:44 pm »

p1w1

Re: new van set-up short video.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 06:17:49 pm »
Very dangerous in my opinion that mug of tea will go flying if you have to break suddenly  ;D.

Looks really good mate why did you use copper fittings i would have thought JG speedfit would have been better especially in freezing temps.
Best bit  is those roller guides there brilliant and i want one (have you tried them out yet?). Did you source the parts and then get it welded?
What exactly did you need for them, as i want to get one built or the person who did it can i order one from them?
Or can you let me know where you live so i can come and steal one at night  ;D

dd

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 06:38:09 pm »
In my experience plastic fittings and pipe or hose are better than metal as they do not crack in a severe frost.

Would your van door get damaged if the wind blew it shut on your hose guide?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 06:53:47 pm »
Looks nice and tidy. Well done
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 06:58:26 pm »
Very dangerous in my opinion that mug of tea will go flying if you have to break suddenly  ;D.

Looks really good mate why did you use copper fittings i would have thought JG speedfit would have been better especially in freezing temps.
Best bit  is those roller guides there brilliant and i want one (have you tried them out yet?). Did you source the parts and then get it welded?
What exactly did you need for them, as i want to get one built or the person who did it can i order one from them?
Or can you let me know where you live so i can come and steal one at night  ;D
The reason i went for copper over garden hose is because i recently fitted a 3kw immersion to put on when temps drop low, so they will never get the chance to freeze. I also put a drain valve at the lowest point so can easily drain the copper.

I just bought some fairlead rollers from ebay, came up wiht the idea and went to the welders who put my tank in for me and had them built and installed there.

paul alan

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 07:00:32 pm »
In my experience plastic fittings and pipe or hose are better than metal as they do not crack in a severe frost.

Would your van door get damaged if the wind blew it shut on your hose guide?

Very good point about the door getting damaged.

I will be making some kind of brace for the doors that just pops on and off for windy days, have been meaning to do it for a while.
suppose its needed now.
cheers

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 07:47:41 pm »
Looks a great improvement to how you had it before. Very neat n tidy and I like how you've connected everything up and kept it out of sight.
Brill job 👍
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 08:44:41 pm »
That is a top notch job there mate !
Only thing i might consider is some of that foam lagging for the coppers , or does the immersion disperse enough heat to keep them safe .
Cant pick an actual fault though , superb job  ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

paul alan

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 09:04:21 pm »
That is a top notch job there mate !
Only thing i might consider is some of that foam lagging for the coppers , or does the immersion disperse enough heat to keep them safe .
Cant pick an actual fault though , superb job  ;D ;D
Cheer's!

The immersion heats the whole back of van as i did not insulate the tank for frost protection.

easy clean

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 09:35:08 pm »
Lose the copper, I use to have copper fittings joining me micro ore to garden hose, purified water eats it, you will spring leaks, change to plastic now!

Just a bit of advice from my experience

CleanClear

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 10:49:43 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp0aBbLewig

Let me know what you think!

Excellent job. One small thing i picked up on.... i would of spaced the left hand pump a bit further back from the other one just incase you ever need to change a micro switch with out dissasembling it all. Otherwise great.... and yeah plastic fittings.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

carl stanton

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 11:48:28 am »
Really  good love it!
I heave found coo Erin got any soft material (insulation board) with soffit board makes it tougher, and easier to keep clean.

The fair line rollers are great. Done the same for mine but drop it to almost sit on the ground  so no ‘Washing line’ effect.

Good job!

Plankton

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 04:44:35 pm »
With regard to the cooper pipe. He's said it'll do him for a couple of years and that he uses an immersion so I can't see it being a big issue. Other than that I don't like it :) Just jealous.... Here's my improvement!

paul alan

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 04:45:12 pm »

Excellent job. One small thing i picked up on.... i would of spaced the left hand pump a bit further back from the other one just incase you ever need to change a micro switch with out dissasembling it all. Otherwise great.... and yeah plastic fittings.

I did consider that but i wanted the pumps directly under the reel connection so it doesn't have any bends for the flow to go through, hopefully giving maximum flow to the reels.

paul alan

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 04:54:46 pm »
With regard to the cooper pipe. He's said it'll do him for a couple of years and that he uses an immersion so I can't see it being a big issue. Other than that I don't like it :) Just jealous.... Here's my improvement!

Fair do's, that is a big improvement!

I think if the copper is still brand new it should be fine for a while, when the leaks start i will know why and replace it with plastic
(HATE PLASTIC) or maybe chrome pipe.

I did read something last night about copper being dissolved in de-ionised water but that was at 40 degrees.

How would the people who live in very soft water area's go on? , I read someone on here saying their tap water is less than 30ppm, almost pure. The whole area would then be susceptible to dissolved copper??

easy clean

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 08:04:21 pm »
Naturally soft water is not the same as purified water, by subjecting it to a chemical resin! Let us know how long it lasts, mine was a couple of months I think

paul alan

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 08:14:10 pm »
Naturally soft water is not the same as purified water, by subjecting it to a chemical resin! Let us know how long it lasts, mine was a couple of months I think

If i get a few months out of it its better than having to take it all out now, i only just put it in!

Does the resin add chemical to the water??

tony day

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 08:50:17 pm »

From a Trolls perspective,i think it's fantastic! I love Modular thinking, simple and effective! So you charge your leisure Battery without taking it out the Van & switching Terminals?

johnny bravo

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2018, 09:06:44 pm »
how have you connected the screw  thread from your shower hose to your brass swivell on your right hand reel.    These  brass swivells have a habbit of leaking after any ammount of pressure placed on them. 
I think rollers are a great addition to have when working in  areas away from van when needing longer lenghs of hose.   Some have them fitted into rear floor of van  with reel hose coming through bottom of van in rollers

paul alan

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 09:13:16 pm »

From a Trolls perspective,i think it's fantastic! I love Modular thinking, simple and effective! So you charge your leisure Battery without taking it out the Van & switching Terminals?
[/quote

Yes I connected the pumps and reels, and the charger to a double switch. I then connected the battery to each switch.

The idea came to me when trying to figure out which connecotrs to put on the battery, was using them little paddle shape connectors before.

cheers!