Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SCCS-Stoke

Cream carpet gone brown ( urgent help)
« on: December 04, 2017, 04:40:29 pm »
Hi guys I cleaned a wool carpet yesterday and customer just called back to say sections of the carpet have gone brown. I used spm powered pre spray from world of clean and acid rinse it all out.

Can someone please tell me what they think went wrong and how to remedy this?

CleanerCarpets

Re: Cream carpet gone brown ( urgent help)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 05:10:36 pm »
Sounds like browning - if you used acid rinse it shouldn't be browning from chemical burning so that would indicate its browning from taking too long to dry or it was over wet and its cellulosic browning wicking up from the backing.

I'd recommend an application of a strong acid rinse brushed in and then get it dry as quickly as possible.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 05:11:14 pm »
What acid rinse you using?

pro-fresh

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 05:12:57 pm »
I am the universe expressing itself as a carpet cleaner.

www.pro-fresh.co.uk

SCCS-Stoke

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 05:23:53 pm »
I did use Final phase acid rinse in the tank.

SCCS-Stoke

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 05:25:11 pm »
ok and what acid rinse would you recommend

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 05:31:25 pm »
Final Phase will be good - go on Cleantalk or ring Nick and ask him what strength you need it at. Applying it at debrowning strength and brushing in and then getting dry asap should fix it. Do you have a blower to help with the drying?

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 05:33:14 pm »
Ah, just looked - you've posted it on CT and Nick replied. Do as Nick suggested

SCCS-Stoke

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 05:51:13 pm »
Final Phase will be good - go on Cleantalk or ring Nick and ask him what strength you need it at. Applying it at debrowning strength and brushing in and then getting dry asap should fix it. Do you have a blower to help with the drying?

I haven't Got a blower yet. I don't know what to do?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 06:00:49 pm »
So you haven’t seen it yet? Might be browning from leaving it wet, but could they be talking about dye stains from furniture feet?

How did they describe it?

Any browning treatment should solve it, but you could go down the oxybrite/fibre buff /foam  shampoo route

5th one down... http://www.prochem-uk.com/shopimages/pdf/cthstainrg.pdf
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

SCCS-Stoke

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 06:10:19 pm »
So you haven’t seen it yet? Might be browning from leaving it wet, but could they be talking about dye stains from furniture feet?

How did they describe it?

Any browning treatment should solve it, but you could go down the oxybrite/fibre buff /foam  shampoo route

5th one down... http://www.prochem-uk.com/shopimages/pdf/cthstainrg.pdf

LOl its my first browning issue since I started carpet cleaning. Customer was not very happy His response is " its awful,the carpet has changed colour and all those places you over wet have dried and turned brown" I have to go back on Wednesday to have a look and it and then re-book on Sunday to fix it. I just wanted to have an idea on how to fix it before I get there.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 07:18:44 pm »
unusual for the customer to describe 'over wetting' - sounds like they have some knowledge - may have spoken to another carpet cleaner for their opinion on what could be wrong and they have said over wetting

where are you based? i'm in Tamworth and you can borrow my dryer/blower if you are close enough? My post code is B77 1PQ

SCCS-Stoke

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 08:18:46 pm »
unusual for the customer to describe 'over wetting' - sounds like they have some knowledge - may have spoken to another carpet cleaner for their opinion on what could be wrong and they have said over wetting

where are you based? i'm in Tamworth and you can borrow my dryer/blower if you are close enough? My post code is B77 1PQ

That will be nice but I will PM you on Wednesday after I have gone to see the situation.

SCCS-Stoke

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 11:09:53 pm »
Before Cleaning Images
[/b][/i]

After Cleaning Images

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 11:20:43 pm »
What psi were you rinsing at?

SCCS-Stoke

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 11:42:29 pm »
What psi were you rinsing at?

cant remember for sure but I don't hit my carpet at more than 150psi cos I don't own dryers so I cant afford the luxury of higher psi .

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 12:04:50 am »
surely a customer would have no idea what Over Wetting means...

Mike Halliday

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 08:19:52 am »
Yep you’ve cocked-up there :-\

The shape of the staining around the edge under the plugs looks like it is over wetting from prespraying rather than  from rinsing, what did you put your prespray down with?

Don’t use a rug  section as a true comparison of the carpet, the carpet will never look the same as a new piece of carpet.

It’s a tricky situation if you had done that to my carpets I wouldn’t let you touch the carpets again, plus looking at what you’ve done i’m Doubting your  ability to put it right, I mean this with the upmost respect. This why I think you should always be friendly with your local competitors , you need someone with more knowledge & skill than you to accompany you to this  job and help you sort it out

It needs a major restoration with an acid treatment,  this is a big job and you need to make the decision whether to attempt it or hand it over to your insurance company

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Raymondo

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 09:06:33 am »
Agree with what Mike as said. If you want to attempt to solve the problem yourself have a chat with John Kelly at Restormate there maybe products from Chemspec or Alltec range and others that John suppliers that may be able to solve the problem don't tie yourself down to 1 supplier.

But it probably going to be an insurance job but thank you for sharing the issue sometimes its a wake up call for all of us when it goes wrong we all learn and this job we learn something every day.

SCCS-Stoke

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 10:36:57 am »
Agree with what Mike as said. If you want to attempt to solve the problem yourself have a chat with John Kelly at Restormate there maybe products from Chemspec or Alltec range and others that John suppliers that may be able to solve the problem don't tie yourself down to 1 supplier.

But it probably going to be an insurance job but thank you for sharing the issue sometimes its a wake up call for all of us when it goes wrong we all learn and this job we learn something every day.

yeah am actually thinking of calling the insurance than getting involved and making customer more angry