Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alank

Re: 3kw immersion install
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2017, 10:24:43 am »
Excellent glad it's all working for you :D

Seymour Sunshine

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2017, 11:36:52 am »
Further back I was asked about my thoughts on legionnaires.

Short answer - don't believe it to be a possible problem.

Long answer - as to why I believe that.

My tank heating is primarily for frost protection and supple hoses in cold weather. Rarely I want warmer water for a dirty first clean but no more than a few times a year.

So typically I will heat the water for 4 to 6 hours at some point between 6pm the night before and 8 am on the day I drive off. Typically I do not bother if the temperature outside will be above ten degrees celsius and the water in my tank above about 12 degrees.

Let's give a typical situation when I will use warm water - like last week when daytime temps were about 7 degrees and night time about 0 to 2 degrees.  So I think "bit nippy lets put in four hours of heat" into 400 litres of water.  At 10 pm the water in my tank is about 10 degrees and in the morning it's about 30 degrees.

I go to work and use, say 350 litres and at the end of the day (3/4pm) the temperature of the remaining water is 20 degrees. By 10pm it's about 12 degrees.

So I think "what's the weather from now 'til tomorrow? Milder - less or no heat - maybe an hour or two in the morning from 6 am. Colder? Give it another 4 hours. What's the water temp in my insulated main storage tanks? (usually five/ten degrees higher than ambient in the winter)

Not an exact science - but the hottest temp in my van tank will be 40 degrees in the morning, back to 20 degrees by bed time and less when I add water from my storage tanks.

So when and how long is my water at 20 to 40 degrees? 3 hours - during final heating time. (say 6 am to 9 am.)  Followed by six/seven hours dropping to the 20's when either it will be topped up with cooler water
or if not working the next day it will be below 20 degrees by bed time.

So the absolute maximum the water can be at 20 to 40 degrees is about fifteen hours. Then it will be replaced/topped up or sit at a cooler temperature.

So I don't worry.

Sounds like a very intelligent way of going about things ... economical and well-considered. You've experimented and found out what works. Good for you.
Banjo players are sent from heaven ... to make drummers look good.

paul alan

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2017, 12:52:48 pm »
oh my....the warm water goes so much quicker!!!

Had to come home fro a top up, will have to turn the flow down.

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2017, 06:06:49 pm »

how big is your tank?
price higher/work harder!

paul alan

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2017, 06:11:53 pm »

how big is your tank?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2017, 06:23:13 pm »
You should lower the pressure cut off on the controller- it thinks it's now peak summer! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

paul alan

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2017, 06:34:17 pm »
Yes..... and so do the well behaved hose's.

nathankaye

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2017, 08:25:25 pm »
Wow, 650 ltrs used up by 12.52pm.   What flow do you work on?
Do you usually finish all the tank by the end of the  day?
I must admit i use more water hot than I did cold, but Ive not drained the tank. Lol ive come close to doing so though. But I find if i work on a lower flow I dont keep the higher heat at the brush end.

What temp did you get the tank to in the end?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

combat1

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2017, 08:47:36 pm »
Combat is packing up window cleaning and joining the Foreign Legionellaires! Get it?

paul alan

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2017, 09:37:27 pm »
I must admit i use more water hot than I did cold, but Ive not drained the tank. Lol ive come close to doing so though. But I find if i work on a lower flow I dont keep the higher heat at the brush end.

not sure as I have sealed the lid some time ago as it was leaking.

I have a digital thermometer on the way so I can drop the sensor in the tank. It was warm at best, could feel warm through the hose and in the van too.

I had the heater on from 5pm-7pm. then 1am-3am then 4am-6am then 7am-9am. in 650ltr.

Today I would normally use 450-500 ltr. by midday I could tell I had used more than normal and was close to home so I topped up just in-case. I reckon I have used 650ltr today altogether.

The first half of the day was worst, then I turned flow down to accommodate the heat and things levelled out.

I started the day with a14" with 4x2mm jets but wasn't satisfied with the flow so I switched to a tucker 12" on pencil jets but the pencils in the tucker must 1mm or something similar and the flow was way too aggressive. I switched it to the fan jets that are already installed in the tucker along side the pencils and turned the flow down a little so saved some water as I decided to rinse on and go back later to check the results(which were pretty good but not perfect).

Jonny 87

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2017, 07:09:03 am »

I have a digital thermometer on the way so I can drop the sensor in the tank. It was warm at best, could feel warm through the hose and in the van too.

I had the heater on from 5pm-7pm. then 1am-3am then 4am-6am then 7am-9am. in 650ltr.

Today I would normally use 450-500 ltr. by midday I could tell I had used more than normal and was close to home so I topped up just in-case. I reckon I have used 650ltr today altogether.

The first half of the day was worst, then I turned flow down to accommodate the heat and things levelled out.

I started the day with a14" with 4x2mm jets but wasn't satisfied with the flow so I switched to a tucker 12" on pencil jets but the pencils in the tucker must 1mm or something similar and the flow was way too aggressive. I switched it to the fan jets that are already installed in the tucker along side the pencils and turned the flow down a little so saved some water as I decided to rinse on and go back later to check the results(which were pretty good but not perfect).

In my experience I found that the first month of using hot, it can actually give you a little more spotting issues. Only the first month though. I put it down to hot water cleaning that bit better, perhaps taking more dirt out of a gap in the top
Frame that cold water wasn’t touching previously, which then ran down after you left and dried leaving spotting. It’s worth taking the extra time on your first clean with hot.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2017, 08:18:37 am »

In my experience I found that the first month of using hot, it can actually give you a little more spotting issues. Only the first month though. I put it down to hot water cleaning that bit better, perhaps taking more dirt out of a gap in the top
Frame that cold water wasn’t touching previously, which then ran down after you left and dried leaving spotting. It’s worth taking the extra time on your first clean with hot.

also very hot water can soften top rubber seals causing more run downs.
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2017, 04:10:09 pm »
I also find that warm water after a spell of cold can soften the rubber in the reel connector (banjo) and can increase the chances of a leak.
It's a game of three halves!