Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon w

Re: diesel heater users.......a few questions
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2017, 08:56:48 pm »
Am I right in saying your low tds tap water allows you to fill your van direct from tap through DI resin?

Never done it myself but cant you run hot water from your tap through DI vessel and into your van?

If so you'd have a tank full of hot for the day without the need of a heater.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 08:58:40 pm »
Am I right in saying your low tds tap water allows you to fill your van direct from tap through DI resin?

Never done it myself but cant you run hot water from your tap through DI vessel and into your van?

nope tried it years ago.my tap connector kept sliding off with the hot water
price higher/work harder!

simon w

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2017, 09:05:14 pm »

Wouldn't cost much to get a plumber to install a suitable tap to take your hose fittings seems like a cheap way to make hot pure water using your particular method of purifying water

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2017, 09:25:43 pm »

Wouldn't cost much to get a plumber to install a suitable tap to take your hose fittings seems like a cheap way to make hot pure water using your particular method of purifying water

You can't get the water hot enough to make a difference to cleaning though mate. I'm having my heater fitted a week next Wed already paid a £900+deposit.  ;)

Splash & dash

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2017, 09:34:29 pm »
Daz.  From my understanding the system will use 1 ltr an hour on full continuous power.

As you are only using one pump I would imagine the system wont need to be running on max.   Plus will probably depend on the temp setting too. 

£5 a day would be a fair guess for you.  I would be interested in knowing how long it runs for over night when in frost mode (cold nights)  electric heater may still be the better option

the frost stat runs for 10 mins every hour if its 2c or below overnight.sod putting a heater in there as well.the whole point of spending all this money is so i can forget about having to put a heater in the van overnight on freezing nights as well as warm hoses in the day.

I live in a warmer part of the country to you but the frost  stat is exelent it’s only cut in on mine about a dozen times in three years as we don’t get that cold usually I think Ime right in saying that it circulates the water slower just to keep it from freezing up , I found that I needed to re calibrate my controllers in colder weather as water is thicker  when cold , cannot remember how I did it now but olive4 talked me through it , you will just be able to forget about draining things down or putting a heater in as it will fire up it’s self if it needs to one less thing to have to think about Ime sur3 you will be very happy with it , if you can afford it go for the stainless steel cabinet it looks great and doesn’t get chipped or go rusty

paul alan

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2017, 09:55:08 pm »

£11.99 screwfix

Pete Thompson

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2017, 11:01:45 pm »

I have tried this, and yes it does work, but....

Firstly, the best I could get from my tap was about 35°C (by the time it reached the tank) which is certainly better than icy cold water on cold days, but not what I'd consider "Hot"

Secondly, I found that, to my surprise, hot water from the tap has a higher TDS than cold water (sometime MUCH higher), and it meant the resin didn't last long.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2017, 07:00:38 am »
how does heating water up raise the tds?

simon w

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2017, 07:04:55 am »
Interesting thanks Pete.  I have a high tds from my tap so use a 4040 RO static system in the garage and heat my water from a 9kw webasto heater which I've been doing since 2010.

My combi boiler (2 years old) puts out some pretty hot water, too hot to bath in without mixing in cold and 650 litre of it in a tank in a van would certainly stay hot enough all day to keep reels and brushes from freezing and hoses supple.

For single operators who have access to low tds tap water I'd certainly investigate this method further for it's possibilities. Like you've said you found hot had a higher tds but there may possibly be a way of overcoming this depending on which boiler you use at home to heat your water.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2017, 09:18:45 am »

No idea. It shouldn’t, because I can’t see how, but it does.

This hot water is from a 3 year old combi boiler.

Dry Clean

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2017, 09:28:42 am »

No idea. It shouldn’t, because I can’t see how, but it does.

This hot water is from a 3 year old combi boiler.

Your tds meter is actually measuring the conductivity of the water, hot water is more conductive than cold so will have a higher
reading but the impurities that we remove will still be the same as the cold water reading.

NWH

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2017, 10:44:49 am »
Are you saying out the tap it rises when hot,my water come straight out my diesel heater at 60 degrees and it’s 000PPM

Slacky

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2017, 10:46:23 am »
Maybe hot dissolves those solids which cold wouldn't otherwise dissolve. Stands to reason, whether it makes a noticeable difference in the reading remains to be seen.

NWH

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2017, 01:18:48 pm »
Daz can you mail me your number if ok maderia147@gmail.com

Jonny 87

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2017, 05:02:38 pm »
Looking forward to next Wednesday! And I’m not even getting a Webasto installed.  ;D

Looking forward to seeing the pics and being updated.

I’m missing my hot water, (upgraded my system and lost my immersion tank) and I’m not sure how long till I bite the bullet and go down the diesel route.

Im in Scotland and it’s been -1 most of the day.  :'(
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Tony dunmall

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2017, 05:07:28 pm »
-1 ouch

It got to about 13 here

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2017, 05:46:57 pm »
Looking forward to next Wednesday! And I’m not even getting a Webasto installed.  ;D

I’m missing my hot water, (upgraded my system and lost my immersion tank) and I’m not sure how long till I bite the bullet and go down the diesel route.

im getting it installed a week next wed mate so another 11 days yet. :)

Splash & dash

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2017, 05:53:48 pm »

I have no idear on how the science works but it’s true , take a samp,e of cold water from the tank 000 then take a sample after it’s been through the boiler and is hot and you will get a reading of what ever 010 -020 etc then let that water cool to room temperature then cheak it again and it will read 000  just like magic it won’t however mark the glass maybe some one can explain this ?..... might be to do with the molecules reacting differently when hot becoming  agitated?.....

Jonny 87

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2017, 08:29:39 pm »

im getting it installed a week next wed mate so another 11 days yet. :)

Ah man! Thought it was this week. Doh.

Well, looking forward to seeing it next week then.

As a side note do you know if yours is going to be set up with a circulation feature? For instance when you turn your water off at the pole, the burner keeps running and pumps hot water back into your tank, warming that up?

I’ve heard of some doing that, and think that’s a good idea.

Griplatank know what they’re doing mind you. They seem to have the best hit box out there for reliability.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher