This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

diesel heater users.......a few questions
« on: November 23, 2017, 06:13:43 pm »
currently i put £40  diesel a month in my van.obviously when i get my heater i can see that ill be putting in triple that a month,if not more.so how much do you guys put in roughly a month?(using hot water all day every day).

also what are your batteries like when running the heater all day?ill be running my engine for roughly an hour a day(15 mins to and from work and 30 mins when having my lunch).do you have to bench charge every night?do your batteries ever run so low that you cant continue cleaning without keeping the engine running?

cheers in advance guys
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

Re: diesel heater users.......a few questions
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 06:17:10 pm »
We run the heater 8 hours a day 5 days a week fuel costs approx £60 to £85 per week most of our work is within 5 miles of base . We have 2 heavy duty gell battery’s approx 400 amps total real heavy duty ones generally charged each night but will run the whole system including 3 pumps for up to 3 days without charge maximum ,we don’t have it charge from the vehicle only Mains charger

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 06:26:16 pm »
We run the heater 8 hours a day 5 days a week fuel costs approx £60 to £85 per week most of our work is within 5 miles of base . We have 2 heavy duty gell battery’s approx 400 amps total real heavy duty ones generally charged each night but will run the whole system including 3 pumps for up to 3 days without charge maximum ,we don’t have it charge from the vehicle only Mains charger

it seems a lot of diesel to be using a week.i average 5 or 6 hours a day actually "on the glass".i was thinking £5-£6 a day in diesel to run the heater all day but your using twice that a day.

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 06:34:01 pm »
Boiler is running 8 hours a day solid , looks like you will be using it less so hopefully your running costs will be less to , we are always using two or three poles most of the time which will keep the heater running Flat out it never goes into half power

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 06:35:27 pm »
Boiler is running 8 hours a day solid , looks like you will be using it less so hopefully your running costs will be less to , we are always using two or three poles most of the time which will keep the heater running Flat out it never goes into half power

ah ok mate.thanks for replying.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 06:42:25 pm »
You're not "bricking it" already Daz? ;D

At this rate you might have to go without the heated seat!!!
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 06:49:42 pm »
You're not "bricking it" already Daz? ;D

At this rate you might have to go without the heated seat!!!

my heated seat was great at lunch time today winpro!just need the heated water now!only 12 days to go.cant wait mate! ;D

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 06:54:17 pm »
my last 2 cars have had heated seats dont think i ever used them once

NWH

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 06:56:51 pm »
Daz your fuel bill will double so £80 15 minutes travel will do nothing for the battery’s you’ll need to get them to put a socket on the system so you can just run a 3 pin plug into the back overnight. If they are fully charged you won’t need to charge every night and if you have he van running every now and again when working it’ll put some juice back into it but you must make sure you ask them for that socket so you don’t have to lift batteries in and out the van it’s a major pain.

johnwillan

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 06:58:18 pm »
currently i put £40  diesel a month in my van.obviously when i get my heater i can see that ill be putting in triple that a month,if not more.so how much do you guys put in roughly a month?(using hot water all day every day).

also what are your batteries like when running the heater all day?ill be running my engine for roughly an hour a day(15 mins to and from work and 30 mins when having my lunch).do you have to bench charge every night?do your batteries ever run so low that you cant continue cleaning without keeping the engine running?

cheers in advance guys

Hi Dazmond

We run 500L Hot GrippaTank Systems in Connect 240 L2 Limiteds, we have x2 105m/ah batteries with B2B chargers.

We do local (within 3 mile radius) domestic work 5/6 days per week, around 6 hours per day (stop / start).

We run heaters all day, we do not bench charge and use around £40 diesel per week.

HTH

John

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 06:59:53 pm »
my last 2 cars have had heated seats dont think i ever used them once

ive got heated leather seats in my golf gti too.i use them all the time in the winter months.toasty! 8)

brianbarber

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 07:15:37 pm »
I use full tank diesel per week

Prior to hot water install it lasted 10 working days

I calculate 1.25 litre an hour usage.

I think the fuel figures of a litre per hour from webasto and others are a little too keen.

However if you work alone, have another pump fitted and keep that on all day, by 12 noon you can turn off  burner as the re circ feature would have heated all your water in main tank.

Mr B

If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 07:18:40 pm »

cheers in advance guys

Hi Dazmond

We run 500L Hot GrippaTank Systems in Connect 240 L2 Limiteds, we have x2 105m/ah batteries with B2B chargers.

We do local (within 3 mile radius) domestic work 5/6 days per week, around 6 hours per day (stop / start).

We run heaters all day, we do not bench charge and use around £40 diesel per week.

HTH

John

wow thats good john.im having the same b to b charger fitted in mine too.thanks for replying.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 07:22:27 pm »
Daz your fuel bill will double so £80 15 minutes travel will do nothing for the battery’s you’ll need to get them to put a socket on the system so you can just run a 3 pin plug into the back overnight. If they are fully charged you won’t need to charge every night and if you have he van running every now and again when working it’ll put some juice back into it but you must make sure you ask them for that socket so you don’t have to lift batteries in and out the van it’s a major pain.

nigel i run an extension lead out to my van every night to charge my battery (as its on my drive)and have done since i went wfp so it wont be an issue but i dont think ill have to with the grippa smart charger fitted. ;) apparently they keep the batteries charged up even with very little mileage. 8)

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 07:30:46 pm »

nigel i run an extension lead out to my van every night to charge my battery (as its on my drive)and have done since i went wfp so it wont be an issue but i dont think ill have to with the grippa smart charger fitted. ;) apparently they keep the batteries charged up even with very little mileage. 8)

I doubt that the small amount of mileage you do will keep them fully charged it will help but to keep them in tip top state of charge I would charge them from the mains as required, we have a meter that shows the power being used and the charge state of the batteries in real time read out it’s useful thing to have and not expensive might be worth fitting one if it’s not already on the plan

NWH

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 07:38:32 pm »
This heater will kill the battery’s if they are not in tip top condition.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 08:11:59 pm »
Daz.  From my understanding the system will use 1 ltr an hour on full continuous power.

As you are only using one pump I would imagine the system wont need to be running on max.   Plus will probably depend on the temp setting too. 

£5 a day would be a fair guess for you.  I would be interested in knowing how long it runs for over night when in frost mode (cold nights)  electric heater may still be the better option
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Splash & dash

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 08:37:11 pm »
Daz.  From my understanding the system will use 1 ltr an hour on full continuous power.

As you are only using one pump I would imagine the system wont need to be running on max.   Plus will probably depend on the temp setting too. 

£5 a day would be a fair guess for you.  I would be interested in knowing how long it runs for over night when in frost mode (cold nights)  electric heater may still be the better option

The heater runs for 10 muinets in frost stat mode , dont believe the blurb that you read in broshers  about fuel consumption it defiantly uses mor than the 1.1 ltr per hour that they state I’ve had mine for over 3 years now and am fully aware of the running costs unfortunately 😬😬😬 you do need to run it flat out at times otherwise it will coke up the screen many people have had trouble with this due to only using them for short periods on low power mode particularly  in boats when they are used for domestic hot water ie on Off all the time try googling it you will find lots of issues if used this way

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 08:50:27 pm »

The heater runs for 10 muinets in frost stat mode , dont believe the blurb that you read in broshers  about fuel consumption it defiantly uses mor than the 1.1 ltr per hour that they state I’ve had mine for over 3 years now and am fully aware of the running costs unfortunately 😬😬😬 you do need to run it flat out at times otherwise it will coke up the screen many people have had trouble with this due to only using them for short periods on low power mode particularly  in boats when they are used for domestic hot water ie on Off all the time try googling it you will find lots of issues if used this way

i spoke to a customer the other day who has the same webasto heater on his narrowboat and he said he s never had it serviced in 4 years and it still works fine. :)

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 08:56:04 pm »

the frost stat runs for 10 mins every hour if its 2c or below overnight.sod putting a heater in there as well.the whole point of spending all this money is so i can forget about having to put a heater in the van overnight on freezing nights as well as warm hoses in the day.