This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Plankton

Pensions?
« on: November 16, 2017, 11:03:28 pm »
A bit of a boring topic but I'm sure many folks have put it off year after year. I've got one already but need to set up another so what's your recommendations if any?

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Pensions?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 07:10:32 am »
As you are self employed you need a stakeholders pension. I found Aviva had the best deal as they charge between 0.35%-0.6% depending on the risk level you choose.  Others like legal and general and Scottish widows charge 1% and some charge 1.5%.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

Bright 'N' Tidy

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 02:56:00 pm »
Im with this people

very good low charges

https://www.fidelity.co.uk/saving-for-retirement

Plankton

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 03:25:00 pm »
I'm sure I asked this a year or two ago and put it off!

dd

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 05:43:08 pm »
I have a SIPP with Hargreaves Lansdown. This means I make my own investment choices. Most of the money is in Investment Trusts.

This approach means taking an interest in your investments and doing a little research/homework. Using Investment Trusts spreads the risk and the charges are usually lower than other investment products.

dd

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 06:11:16 pm »
Just to add I did transfer two separate pensions in to my SIPP and also make a monthly contribution to it. When it reaches  a certain size it is cheaper to have all the investments with the one provider.

easycleaner

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 10:43:08 am »
Hi, I spoke to my accountant and an independent pension person.
Got to watch out if they try and push you in a direction that suits them not you.
Enjoy your walk through your pension quest.
Mart

Dry Clean

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 11:35:53 am »
No money in private pensions as inflation and depreciation will more than outweigh the limited amount of growth your pension pot will make in todays markets,  invest it in property or similar if your looking a decent retirement pot.

johnwillan

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 11:44:23 am »
You might like to take a look at “The Dividend Letter” fairly easy to follow self administered fund using  large cap,  sector diversified, high yield shares.

Alternatively use an low cost income invested “FTSE Tracker Fund”

Both can be within an ISA or SIPP

dd

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 04:51:22 pm »
No money in private pensions as inflation and depreciation will more than outweigh the limited amount of growth your pension pot will make in todays markets,  invest it in property or similar if your looking a decent retirement pot.
A very blanket statement. Most of my investments are considerably higher than they were 18 months ago. Anything I have held for over two years is in profit, plus most of my investments pay a useful and rising dividend.

I do take an interest and make my own investment choices. This approach does not suit a lot of people, but does keep charges down.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 10:40:01 pm »
houses , houses , houses , at most we had 21 and were happy with 10  that we have left , they give us much more return then anything else , however you will need to buy clever and you will need to sit on them like hen until there ready to hatch in to money 

pikeman

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 10:49:22 pm »
Got a small amount in peer to peer lending. Can get around 12 per cent but there is a risk of loss. Usually invested in property with a ltv of 70 per cent so there is some security.