Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom20001

Renault trafic
« on: November 21, 2017, 09:26:34 pm »
Lads any owners of the above here. Mulling over buying one . Traditionally ive always bought VW but upgrading to bigger van and trafic price very attractive.....

So break my heart and tell me trafic problems and spend extra and get transporter 🙈👍😂

Jonny 87

Re: Renault trafic
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 09:58:10 pm »
I’ve got a 17 plate. So can’t vouch for long term, but I love it.

Sport model with sat nav, air con, reversing sensors and camera, alloys etc. For the price they are awesome.

4 year warranty for peace of mind too.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

tom20001

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 10:12:11 pm »

Sport model with sat nav, air con, reversing sensors and camera, alloys etc. For the price they are awesome.

Price is incredible as is spec . Im in ireland but they offering 5 yr warranty, 3 yr rd tax and 3 yrs servicing.

Other problem with warranty and replacement van if something goes wrong its not exactly straight forward to move our wfp kit to new van 🙈

The offer is a no brainer in fairness but no price is worth getting hardship with a van so trying to suss it out. Cheers Jonny

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 10:39:27 pm »
And me. I have the sports model. Great van  which I got from new in 2015. Lots of extras included.

Although nothing has gone wrong, my mate got one too.  But his gearbox failjed after three years and 20k on clock. 

Renault replaced under guarantee.  But took them 2 months from ordering to fitting.  Was left without his van for two months.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

tom20001

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 10:51:16 pm »
And me. I have the sports model. Great van  which I got from new in 2015. Lots of extras included.

Although nothing has gone wrong my mate got one too.  But his gearbox failed after three years and 20k on clock. 

Renault replaced under guarantee.  But took them 2 months from ordering to fitting.  Was left without his van for two months.

After reading the 1st paragraph of that i was delighted Paul and then.......ive been seeing some gearbox issues through research online. To be honest i would like to buy one but the risk of something like that happening would freak me out. Its not like we are couriers and we can just take replacement van and away we go...

Happy to hear your van going well.... 👍👍

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 11:07:00 pm »
Yes I agree mate. I have no issues with mine and have seen many good reviews. The experts say the gearbox is much better than the ones in the old trafic and vivaro.  They also say the engine in good for 300k.

But like you. Even though they provided my mate with a replacement van for two months it would not help any of us if we had a tank.  My mate is a fire prevention officer so was ok with him.

When he collected van again the engine management light came on 2 miles down the road. It went back to renault they said it was due to the can standing so long.  They reset everything and was back the road next day.

He must have been unlucky but it's the timescale of getting parts shipped.  This may have been a one off as the model is still very new.  They did say it was rare for the gearbox to fail hence not being prepared for it.

If it happens to me i would just work from a back pack on a trolley from the courtesy van.  Not ideal but will keep me going.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 08:55:07 am »

do you have a heated drivers seat too? ;D i wouldnt buy a new van without one now!
price higher/work harder!

Plankton

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 09:14:58 am »

do you have a heated drivers seat too? ;D i wouldnt buy a new van without one now!
... Not to mention a heated windscreen.