This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slacky

£400
« on: October 27, 2017, 09:07:49 am »
It wasn't that long ago, a couple or so years ago, that we used to talk on here about earning £200 a day being the norm. Now a lot of guys refer to £300 a day being their aim to earn on any working day.

When will £400 a day be what is thought of as par for the course?

dazmond

Re: £400
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 09:13:30 am »
not for me.nowhere near £400 a day.

take a good look around you at other window cleaners.most havent got a pot to pee in and just about scrape a living together.
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 09:30:45 am »
I think it only appears to be the norm on this forum. Probably because not many people will pipe up to boast they "only" earn 100 quid a day.

Also just because a dozen window cleaner on forums say they do 200-300 a day doesn't mean the other hundreds or thousands of window cleaners earn anywhere near.

I know the general prices in my area, I am on the Yorkshire window cleaning group on facebook and I can tell you that the vast majority of those guys won't be doing 200 a day..how can they at 5 quid a house.

Half of the country might be able to breeze through 200+ plus but the other half definitely not.

I'm with daz, reckon half of all window cleaners will just be making a living as in 500 a week at  most.

I think some of us need to remember how luck we are. There will be guys who do 400 but at the other end I bet a lot struggle to do 100

NWH

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 11:45:41 am »
Depends where you are in the country down parts of the south it’s easily achievable on the glass for 7-8 hours,there’s a lot on here won’t tell you but they are breezing through that especially 2 in a van day in day out. Off of ladders there are still a few around where I am but the majority don’t look at it as a business it’s work they’ve had for years and are happy to earn between 120-150 a day but they have no mortgage pole system to maintain lived in the same council house for 30+ years.

Tom-01

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 11:54:30 am »
If I replied properly Bungle would wake up

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 12:03:01 pm »
CIU is generally full of them, usually the same guys who then spend Two days browsing the internet to save £4 on a bag of resin!
Comfortably Numb!

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 12:16:16 pm »
CIU is generally full of them, usually the same guys who then spend Two days browsing the internet to save £4 on a bag of resin!

Though in defence of many......just because ones might earn alot doesnt mean they like spending. Look at many companies who buy cheap materials or ingredients etc to maximise profits. Why cant window cleaners.

Pricing is a hard one because even in the glory capital of England you will get shiners who are fortunate to work in areas where they can charge crazy prices. Yet you will also get ones in areas struggling to make perhaps half of what those ones make.
Yet a one man band, purely on windows making 400 a day on a regular basis would be hard to do.
We all can get lucky sometimes and make more than that in a day, for instance ive made that in half a day with pressure washing packages etc but it aint happening  on a daily basis.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 12:25:23 pm »
50 £40 house’s a week that’s all it is 300 £40+ Over a 6 week period isn’t impossible to achieve is it,or is it many on here seem to think so. I don’t bother  targeting smaller houses you get eaten up with chaff in the end. Like I say so many southern WCs on here know what doable.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 12:38:05 pm »
50 £40 house’s a week that’s all it is 300 £40+ Over a 6 week period isn’t impossible to achieve is it,or is it many on here seem to think so. I don’t bother  targeting smaller houses you get eaten up with chaff in the end. Like I say so many southern WCs on here know what doable.

Easy as that!
It might do you good to come out of your little bubble Nigel and try getting a round full of £40 houses in other parts of the country. You would find it impossible in many- and that I can guarantee! It might even halt the bucket loads of manure that you spout!!
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 12:50:44 pm »
Lol a bucket load on manure it’s a personal thing that’s what this job is it’s a round of work-jobs built by individuals who go after what work they want,as I’ve always said it takes years and years to build. It was asked if this is achievable and the answer is simply yes it is and it’s being down day to day by many WCs believe it or not that’s your choice Cum Bucket.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 01:00:35 pm »
Your comments are not exactly inspiring to any newbie or someone looking to expand try coming out of your bubble of average work now and then,it doesn’t take an intelligent person to realise if you have 10-20 £50 Jobs you can get another 20-30 of em. Believe it or not some window cleaners with decent work may earn as much as 2-3 others doing 10-15 p poor jobs in a day.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 01:02:05 pm »
Funny how these old money threads hit nerves with a few on here 😂👉🏽🍩

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 01:07:56 pm »
Lol a bucket load on manure it’s a personal thing that’s what this job is it’s a round of work-jobs built by individuals who go after what work they want,as I’ve always said it takes years and years to build. It was asked if this is achievable and the answer is simply yes it is and it’s being down day to day by many WCs believe it or not that’s your choice Cum Bucket.

Is it achievable wasn't the question, is it the "norm" was the question to which you replied it's "only"  50 £40 jobs per week- "that's all it is"- implying that it's hardly a task. I assume that you are on 100k a year then Big Nige- it being as "simple" as that an' all?
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 01:09:09 pm »
Funny how these old money threads hit nerves with a few on here 😂👉🏽🍩

Yep and also funny how it brings the Bovine Manure out of the same people every time too!
Comfortably Numb!

zesty

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 01:23:17 pm »
£400 a day is achievable, but not everyday.

For one man, I’d hazard a guess that the average earnings for a days work is between £100-150 across the uk.

But then... If you look at the average wage of window cleaners in the uk, (by stats) most window cleaners should be skint  ;D

Having said that, even if guys are making £100 a day, that’s not a bad wage for what it is. When I look at what some people have to do for £25k a year, the hours they work, the stress etc. It should be appreciated that shiners can do 5 hours a day and pull in £25k a year fairly comfortably.

Marc Stock

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 01:24:35 pm »
Remember guys we are talking turnover. Your turnover isn't your earnings is it.

zesty

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 01:28:26 pm »
Remember guys we are talking turnover. Your turnover isn't your earnings is it.

That’s a true point marc.

NWH

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 01:42:27 pm »
Sorry if I read it wrong with it being the norm not it’s not but 3-400 a day in some places is,i will give my opinion on these money threads though some of the really big hitters won’t,I would imagine some are laughing into there tea at the moment with average of 100-150 being mentioned. Some businesses in the south wouldn’t last the month sending blokes out turning over that it wouldn’t even cover wages and costs to run it ,lot of firms out there doing windows only earning big money.

zesty

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 01:51:09 pm »
Sorry if I read it wrong with it being the norm not it’s not but 3-400 a day in some places is,i will give my opinion on these money threads though some of the really big hitters won’t,I would imagine some are laughing into there tea at the moment with average of 100-150 being mentioned. Some businesses in the south wouldn’t last the month sending blokes out turning over that it wouldn’t even cover wages and costs to run it ,lot of firms out there doing windows only earning big money.

I’m talking about one man bands NWH, Just in case your referring to my posts.

nathankaye

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 02:23:21 pm »
Im under the impression its referring to a one man operator as obviously a team should be (in many areas) smashing that out the park as it were or why else have a fleet of vans or teams of workers.

What makes me chuckle is how the only ones who can change their lot in live is themselves. Your customers or your target  audience can influence your prices but ultimately it you.....the owner of your business who sets the prices. Therefore if your not happy with your days takings then do something about it. Put prices up // get better prices for your work or travel to better areas to pick work up.
On other threads we moan at people who pay pittance on our own roundsnand we cant wait to replace them with better paying customer. But come on!  Who gave them the low price   ;D ;D

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk