This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: £400
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2017, 06:46:24 pm »
Well?

So the 2 today that had over £400 on their sheets did get it all done. Like I said they left the yard at 7am, have the jobs all routed in the most efficient order, have large 700L tanks each so can work with a high flow and not run out. They also have to stay out until at least 4.30 unless finished. Then you factor in prices for the south which of course are higher. As I said before I never worked like that. How many one man bands work that hard every single day? Not many I bet. £400 days here and there are common for us. A more normal day is something over £300. Only one of our team came in with less than £300 today

The "well?" Was for NWH. I have absolutely no doubt what your vans are earning. ;)
Comfortably Numb!

Tom-01

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2017, 06:56:30 pm »
Well?

So the 2 today that had over £400 on their sheets did get it all done. Like I said they left the yard at 7am, have the jobs all routed in the most efficient order, have large 700L tanks each so can work with a high flow and not run out. They also have to stay out until at least 4.30 unless finished. Then you factor in prices for the south which of course are higher. As I said before I never worked like that. How many one man bands work that hard every single day? Not many I bet. £400 days here and there are common for us. A more normal day is something over £300. Only one of our team came in with less than £300 today

I would have thought leaving the yard at 7 and getting back at 16:30 and just worrying about getting the work done £400 a day should be the minimum? But then your prices are a bit cheaper so I suppose it's about getting customers in to keep the guys busy.

The sole traders who run the business, quote jobs, organise the days and do the work it would be harder. But still possible in the South once the work is refined and is of high quality.

Bungle

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2017, 07:35:48 pm »
If I replied properly Bungle would wake up

Hi Tom 👍
We look at them, they look through them.

Cookie

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2017, 08:48:38 pm »
If I was working from 7am to 4:30pm every day I'd probably end up in hospital with exhaustion  :-[. Then I'd be earning nothing.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2017, 09:16:25 pm »
Well?

The "well?" Was for NWH. I have absolutely no doubt what your vans are earning. ;)

I know. I didnt select to quote that, I clicked to reply only so not sure what happened there
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2017, 09:18:34 pm »
If I was working from 7am to 4:30pm every day I'd probably end up in hospital with exhaustion  :-[. Then I'd be earning nothing.

Most are back before that. As I said earlier in the thread my first cleaner was back at 2;30pm with £346 done and the worksheet finished. I just put the rule in so they are not rocking up without finishing because they have had enough.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

tony day

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2017, 10:01:08 pm »
It wasn't that long ago, a couple or so years ago, that we used to talk on here about earning £200 a day being the norm. Now a lot of guys refer to £300 a day being their aim to earn on any working day.

When will £400 a day be what is thought of as par for the course?
I'm definitely not in that bracket! I know two brothers that would p#ss on that by 12 o'clock everyday, but they live & breath for window cleaning (sad really).I think to aim for that as the norm is based on your personality, and you have to be quite selfish to be that successful! I personally  aim for £180 -£220 a day! For a man/woman who is uneducated i think you could say you have overachieved slightly to earn that type of money! I just hang on to the fact that i'm self-employed,because anyone who love's window cleaning is seriously mentally ill!

NWH

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2017, 10:47:14 pm »
25k is an average maybe but let’s look at how many WCs still take a lot of cash and don’t declare it,if you are cleaning a lot of small properties the chances are a lot of them will be paid in cash. 25k a year at 20% tax so you end up with 1600 a month supposedly out of that,that’s fair enough then so at the end of the month I’ll have just about enough for a couple of meals out and a tank of petrol,seems to me like it’s doable yeah well it would be if I lived in a tin hut and had no need for money.

NWH

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2017, 10:55:51 pm »
People will always think I don’t do it so it can’t be done,I work my balls off and don’t earn that so it’s impossible. Sounds like North and South prices and miles apart judging by different opinions on this,either that or people are charging just enough to get by on,I thought when your self employed you had to earn over and above what you need to live on in order to be able to keep trading due to always being owed money it’s the nature of the beast.
If your earning 1-150 a day how can you live with money always being outstanding and some people not paying for a couple of months,in the south rent-mortgages with council tax alone exceed 1500 per calender month when you see it from that point of view it makes that daily rate impossible to live on.

Dry Clean

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2017, 11:00:06 pm »
25k is an average maybe but let’s look at how many WCs still take a lot of cash and don’t declare it,if you are cleaning a lot of small properties the chances are a lot of them will be paid in cash. 25k a year at 20% tax so you end up with 1600 a month supposedly out of that,that’s fair enough then so at the end of the month I’ll have just about enough for a couple of meals out and a tank of petrol,seems to me like it’s doable yeah well it would be if I lived in a tin hut and had no need for money.

Your either on a windup or your an idiot, my money is on a windup.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2017, 11:08:35 pm »

Your either on a windup or your an idiot, my money is on a windup.

My money's on the latter! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2017, 11:11:59 pm »
I’ll give you 3 x your take that’s what they go for  these days in it a round on here,I’ll just look in my ashtray in the van and pop round with the cash 😂😘

nathankaye

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2017, 11:12:47 pm »
It wasn't that long ago, a couple or so years ago, that we used to talk on here about earning £200 a day being the norm. Now a lot of guys refer to £300 a day being their aim to earn on any working day.

I'm definitely not in that bracket! I know two brothers that would p#ss on that by 12 o'clock everyday, but they live & breath for window cleaning (sad really).I think to aim for that as the norm is based on your personality, and you have to be quite selfish to be that successful! I personally  aim for £180 -£220 a day! For a man/woman who is uneducated i think you could say you have overachieved slightly to earn that type of money! I just hang on to the fact that i'm self-employed,because anyone who love's window cleaning is seriously mentally ill!
People will always think I don’t do it so it can’t be done,I work my balls off and don’t earn that so it’s impossible. Sounds like North and South prices and miles apart judging by different opinions on this,either that or people are charging just enough to get by on,I thought when your self employed you had to earn over and above what you need to live on in order to be able to keep trading due to always being owed money it’s the nature of the beast.
If your earning 1-150 a day how can you live with money always being outstanding and some people not paying for a couple of months,in the south rent-mortgages with council tax alone exceed 1500 per calender month when you see it from that point of view it makes that daily rate impossible to live on.

I agree aith some of these aspects. There are so many variables involved. Certainly the area, wealth in the area and customers attitudes can to a point dictate prices charged. Then there is the mind set if the sole trader; business mind set or its just a job idealogy. Which couples in with whatever the sole traders goals are.  For some its just to get by; perhaps other religous activities are the main goals. For some others its just to be able to provide a steady living for themselves // family. Whilst others its to build an empire or become an empire of window cleaners etc.
So depending upon these variables, prices are made with the end game in mind
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2017, 11:17:58 pm »
40 or 50 quid to some customers is pittance if you own a big house and earn 2-300 grand a year 40-50 quid to the window cleaner is something they find in an old jacket pocket,then again if your cleaning houses on coronation street then it’s different gravy every penny counts and all that I’d rather clean the blokes house that’s got the old jacket far less aggro.

Dry Clean

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2017, 11:21:35 pm »

I agree aith some of these aspects. There are so many variables involved. Certainly the area, wealth in the area and customers attitudes can to a point dictate prices charged. Then there is the mind set if the sole trader; business mind set or its just a job idealogy. Which couples in with whatever the sole traders goals are.  For some its just to get by; perhaps other religous activities are the main goals. For some others its just to be able to provide a steady living for themselves // family. Whilst others its to build an empire or become an empire of window cleaners etc.
So depending upon these variables, prices are made with the end game in mind

Nathan you need to stop with the business babble nonsense, ok you put your prices up, good for you, now give yourself a pat on the back and get over it.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2017, 11:33:53 pm »
there doing much more here all the guys we ever talk to do 500 aday start at 10 finshed at 2pm  !

the only thing i can thing of i where we are going wrong is we need to bin the new vans replace with rusty old rubbish and buy alloy poles like there still useng

zesty

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2017, 09:21:58 am »
I think the fact of the matter is, if HMRC are saying the average window cleaner Is earning 25k then even if there not declaring it all, there not earning an extra 25k and stuffing it under the bed. Not even an extra 10k.

This is one man bands of course. Two operatives can clear £250 + easily.

But on the whole, most one man bands will be earning between £100-150 a day.

That doesn’t mean some aren’t earning more, we can see lees guys are far over that average, I don’t doubt that. I doubt weather they do as good a job as a sole trader. By nature employees care less.

I’ve employed 3 people over the years, and it’s very hard to get a good worker who thinks like yourself and works hard with attention to detail.  They will be more tempted to fly through work and cut corners, whereas the business owner is more inclined to be careful.

Where I am in the south east, £20 houses are pretty normal, so it doesn’t take long to hit £200, but for someone like Adam Thompson up north, that’s not possible, but then, his cost of living is less.

I think in conclusion, the average daily rate varies hugely by area, but the overall average is proabably somewhere near what HMRC say. Especially with electronic payments becoming so much more popular.

For me to hit £400 a day, I’d need all my houses around the £30-40 mark, at the moment that’s not the case, and for most, they’d probably be in the same boat.

Commercial is a different story, for me commercial is king. £400 a day for commercial work is very very achievable. It’s just a shame it’s not everyday!

nathankaye

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2017, 09:24:04 am »
Dry clean......give it a rest trying to dismantle what im saying.   For alot of shiners they wouldnt dream of charging a tenner per house never mind 50 quid or more. On so many forums when pricing is discussed you get such a contrast between each shiner. But you always get the ones who say they feel ones who charge a tenner or more are robbing people!!  So on that basis or thinking then NO there will never hit 300 a day never mind 400.

Then you get the ones who are full of bull who tell you they earn x amount and as susan say they use rubbish equipment and the trad uses dont even have decent pouches or uniform and taking them at face value you certainly wouldnt trust them.

Tony mentioned "brothers" being window cleaners and they are probably window cleaners to make enough money to get by n live and spend more time in their religion pioneering.
So peoples aim n purposes in life can and will influence how much they want/can earn oer day. Then that might determine which areas they target to work in, to maximise this. Ie, working council estates for a full day certainly wont make the maximum profit for your work.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2017, 09:56:53 am »
Dry clean......give it a rest trying to dismantle what im saying.   For alot of shiners they wouldnt dream of charging a tenner per house never mind 50 quid or more. On so many forums when pricing is discussed you get such a contrast between each shiner. But you always get the ones who say they feel ones who charge a tenner or more are robbing people!!  So on that basis or thinking then NO there will never hit 300 a day never mind 400.

Then you get the ones who are full of bull who tell you they earn x amount and as susan say they use rubbish equipment and the trad uses dont even have decent pouches or uniform and taking them at face value you certainly wouldnt trust them.

Tony mentioned "brothers" being window cleaners and they are probably window cleaners to make enough money to get by n live and spend more time in their religion pioneering.
So peoples aim n purposes in life can and will influence how much they want/can earn oer day. Then that might determine which areas they target to work in, to maximise this. Ie, working council estates for a full day certainly wont make the maximum profit for your work.

More babble, doesn't matter what your goals are in life the question is can a sole trader earn £400 a day, there will be some
who will be able to get that ( according to evidence not many ) and there will be others who no matter how hard they work and how confident and driven they are to succeed wont, there's no need to babble on and on about peoples mind sets to explain this.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2017, 10:17:47 am »
I’ve lived (and window cleaned) in both north and south, and the regional variation that everyone keeps talking about is not as big as many think.

When I moved to the north, I didn’t alter my southern prices and still got the work I wanted. People will pay for good service no matter where they live. But good prices are only part of the story.

In my opinion, I cannot emphasise enough the importance of good equipment. A good, newish vehicle with a professionally built and installed system, top notch poles that get replaced as soon as they’re worn. Having gear that all works flawlessly means you’ll work efficiently. That means speed, and speed means more money per day. Time really is money.

Also, any small ways you can find to reduce your fatigue will pay dividends in speed.

Perfect example; I used to have metal hose reels, heavy but tough and long lasting. Lifting them in and out of the van took quite an effort. I got rid of them and bought plastic hose reels, MUCH lighter. Lifting them in and out is far easier. They last about 6 months then I replace them. If that small energy saving means I’m less tired and can keep a good speed up till the end of the day, then it’s worth it. Even if that just saves 5 minutes per day, that’s about £65 per month.

Another example; I do not knock when I’m finished, I always post a card even if the customer is in. That saves time chatting to the customer, sorting change etc. If you save 2 minutes per customer that can be worth about £25 per day, and so ~£430 per month.

Anything that increases your speed is worth doing. You might find a new piece of equipment, or a new way of working, that increases your speed by just 1%. “Big deal” some would say, but find 10 things like that and your income just rose by 10%.

Perhaps the ultimate example is using a van instead of a car. Yes it costs more, but it means more efficient working, therefore greater speed, and therefore more money every day.

Efficient working can easily be the difference between earning  a good daily rate and earning a great daily rate.