This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: why are fiat doblo cheap to buy ? are they realy that bad ?
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2017, 09:41:42 pm »
Once a year at MOT time. I did less than 6000 a year but all short journeys.

I think around year 3 (after the warranty ran out) I left it 18 months and at the local garage I use the owner sucked his teeth and said that as the Doblo had a small sump (3.6 litres for the 1.3 I think) you needed to be fastidious about oil changes.

Dan does his own oil and brake pads etc. I think he does the oil once a year.
Engine ,sump and filter come to 3.2 L for the 75 HP and 2.8 L for the 95 HP , so looking at it like that it wouldnt break the bank to do it every 6 months , going by the link Scrimble put up earlier then it would cost about £100 a year to do , way cheaper than a new engine or van  .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

James chapman

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2017, 05:17:52 pm »
I use a maxi. The van itself is awesome. Handle a big tank no worries. Ecomaical and I've done 155k now mostly on the motorway. But it needed two rear suspension swing arm things at £800 a side plus the abs sensors each side another 120 per side. Fiat only parts. Top mounts. Egr valve box. New clutch. Flywheel and something cylinder related in the gearbox. That was £850. Now it seem like you need to tag it to get the turbo to kick in first couple of gear changes of the day. Think it was used as a delivery van before I bought it with about 65k on the clock. I'd buy another one though. Just newer with less miles on it that has had light use.

Elfyn

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2017, 06:06:35 pm »
A friend of mine bought a 15 month old VW Caddy three years ago with only 10k n the clock. He paid top money for it (almost as much as a new one) and he's had nothing but trouble and spent thousands on it. Only goes to show that with anything mechanical you can be lucky and you can be un-lucky.

p1w1

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2017, 06:25:20 pm »
in previous one 400 L, and 500 L in the current one
CCS where abouts in essex are you, anywhere near Braintree? Wouldn't mind having a look at your van(if possible) there are no dealers around here to have a good look at one.
can e-mail me paul@impactcleaning.net if you dont want to put your exact place on the forum.

C.C.S.

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2017, 07:35:21 pm »
Hi,
CCS where abouts in essex are you, anywhere near Braintree? Wouldn't mind having a look at your van(if possible) there are no dealers around here to have a good look at one.
can e-mail me paul@impactcleaning.net if you dont want to put your exact place on the forum.
Hi,Not too far Colchester.
I'll email you my details .
I got my van from Amavans which isn't too far from you I think. They didn't had it in stock but left my details and called me whe hey did. Also they are fair on prices.

C.C.S.

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2017, 07:43:27 pm »
Hi,
I got my van from Amavans which isn't too far from you I think. They didn't had it in stock but left my details and called me whe hey did. Also they are fair on prices.

http://www.amavans.co.uk/used-fiat-doblo-tollesbury-essex-1302137
Just had a look on their website .they have a couple with low miles.I think I paid £6600 including VAT with 48k , 62 reg

p1w1

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2017, 07:44:18 pm »
Hi,
Thanks mate much appreciated. I saw that one earlier thinking of getting a new one i reckon, ideally want the extra airbags etc.