This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nameless Drudge

Re: why are fiat doblo cheap to buy ? are they realy that bad ?
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 08:54:00 pm »
I,ve been looking for 3 weeks,ebay(newly listed) and autotrader private sales,not found anything  I would consider a bargain. I didn't see a 2014 with 40k miles at £3k  though it could have been bought and sold then taken down in a flash.If I had seen it I would have immediately suspected a previous write off or something else suspicious as there is nothing else out there remotely near this sort of price. I,m following a 2014 cat c repaired 2.0 jtd SX LWB but just to  observe the final price,its currently at  £4095 (no vat)with 5 days to go.With a mileage of 70,000 I think it's more than enough already and may well need a clutch soon if not now.I think the original buy it now price which disappears once bidding starts was £5400.
 If I find a low mileage (50,000 max)old shape 58 , 59 plate 1.9jtd that's very tidy and been cambelted  or price adjusted to compensate  I  will pounce. I've seen these with 80 or 90,000 miles at £2995 +vat. So I say,please point me to  these so called bargains.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 09:08:06 pm »
I,ve been looking for 3 weeks,ebay(newly listed) and autotrader private sales,not found anything  I would consider a bargain. I didn't see a 2014 with 40k miles at £3k  though it could have been bought and sold then taken down in a flash.If I had seen it I would have immediately suspected a previous write off or something else suspicious as there is nothing else out there remotely near this sort of price. I,m following a 2014 cat c repaired 2.0 jtd SX LWB but just to  observe the final price,its currently at  £4095 (no vat)with 5 days to go.With a mileage of 70,000 I think it's more than enough already and may well need a clutch soon if not now.I think the original buy it now price which disappears once bidding starts was £5400.
 If I find a low mileage (50,000 max)old shape 58 , 59 plate 1.9jtd that's very tidy and been cambelted  or price adjusted to compensate  I  will pounce. I've seen these with 80 or 90,000 miles at £2995 +vat. So I say,please point me to  these so called bargains.

My 1.3 multijet was a cam chain- no belts
Comfortably Numb!

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 09:24:23 pm »
Yes,the 1.3 are chain driven  but the the oil change intervals are too long,people don't adjust this down either for shorter start stop journeys a consequence of which is oil starvation to the timing chain tensioner resulting very often in  a scrap engine.

P @ F

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 09:46:07 pm »
2 year ago i was looking for one , lots were about with around 60k on the clock on 12 plates , the prices were all about 5k plus the dreaded . 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 09:50:26 pm »
Yes,the 1.3 are chain driven  but the the oil change intervals are too long,people don't adjust this down either for shorter start stop journeys a consequence of which is oil starvation to the timing chain tensioner resulting very often in  a scrap engine.
Tell me more please , i have the Fiorino which is 1.3 and chain driven , should i be doing something that the book is not telling me ?

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2017, 10:19:42 pm »
Just me,I would change the oil and filter every 6000 miles or yearly whichever comes first.

P @ F

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2017, 10:49:33 pm »
Oops ,  ::)roll , i have had it nearly 2 years and done 9979 miles , Guess whos doing an oil and filter this weekend  ;D

Mind you , the damage may well have already been done , it had done 21k a year for the first 3 years of its life , lets just hope they looked after it a bit better than me !

Cheers for that Nameless , i used to be on top of servicing , guess igot lazy eh  ::)roll

Stoots

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2017, 07:08:22 am »
I recently bought a pug partner on a 13 plate with 44k for £4700 and saw quite a few similar about.

Not sure if it was a great price but seems ok

Crystal-clear

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2017, 11:26:56 pm »
so just make you you change oil and filer regularly to avoid problems 5-6k or once a year

P @ F

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2017, 11:42:19 am »
Ouch , just been to Fiat to get the oil and filter......£76.64    :o

p1w1

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2017, 11:48:01 am »
Ouch , just been to Fiat to get the oil and filter......£76.64    :o
depending on the oil they used seems a fair price really.

P @ F

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2017, 12:07:15 pm »
No , that was parts supply price , would have been double if i had them do it !

Scrimble

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2017, 12:32:44 pm »
in the manual it says the oil needs replacing annually if used around towns, stop start driving  etc regardless of mileage, this nearly always gets ignored,

P&F try www.shop4parts.co.uk if your doing oil and filter yourself next time. will be cheaper than getting from main dealer,

p1w1

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2017, 12:37:31 pm »
No , that was parts supply price , would have been double if i had them do it !

Yep then i agree  :o :o

P @ F

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2017, 01:38:29 pm »
in the manual it says the oil needs replacing annually if used around towns, stop start driving  etc regardless of mileage, this nearly always gets ignored,

P&F try www.shop4parts.co.uk if your doing oil and filter yourself next time. will be cheaper than getting from main dealer,
I will have a look at that , but i nearly had an expensive lesson 1000 miles ago when i did the clutch , i shopped around for the cheapest prices , i got a good deal on a quality clutch and had the oil from this motor factor too (eurocarparts).
When all fitted i went on test , it just didnt feel the same , i called the main dealer to enquire over the viscosity and make up of the oil that should be used , turns out the viscosity was close but the make up was way out , they had supplied me with mineral oil which could have killed the box in weeks , when i took the oil back for a cheeky refund i was told that as it had been used i would not getting my money back , i asked for a manager to argue my case to and his face was a picture , he checked van specs and grimaced , he then refunded me without another word .
Thats why when it comes to oils and fluids its main dealer only for me now !

Scrimble

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2017, 02:52:32 pm »
shop4parts sell genuine fiat items, the oil fiat use is  selenia, the manual will tell you exactly which grade oil to buy

P @ F

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2017, 06:25:14 pm »

Some great prices on there chief , the front suspension tops need doing soon , common fault so im told , thanks very much for the heads up on these guys .

AuRavelling79

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2017, 07:05:39 pm »
Okay. The 1.6 is the most recent engine (the 1.3 and the 1.9 having been around for 12 years plus now.) and I have heard that it should have oil changes very regularly.

My 2006 1.3 multijet is going strong in the hands of its second owner from new. I sold it at 8 years old in 2014 on 42,000 miles. It is now on about 60,000 and going strong on its second clutch.
It's a game of three halves!

P @ F

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2017, 07:11:11 pm »
Okay. The 1.6 is the most recent engine (the 1.3 and the 1.9 having been around for 12 years plus now.) and I have heard that it should have oil changes very regularly.

My 2006 1.3 multijet is going strong in the hands of its second owner from new. I sold it at 8 years old in 2014 on 42,000 miles. It is now on about 60,000 and going strong on its second clutch.
If i am right , this is Dan the Man yes , if so , at what times/milages did you and Dan do the changes roughly if you know , just as a reference point of view please Mr Gold ?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2017, 08:27:32 pm »
Once a year at MOT time. I did less than 6000 a year but all short journeys.

I think around year 3 (after the warranty ran out) I left it 18 months and at the local garage I use the owner sucked his teeth and said that as the Doblo had a small sump (3.6 litres for the 1.3 I think) you needed to be fastidious about oil changes.

Dan does his own oil and brake pads etc. I think he does the oil once a year.

It's a game of three halves!