This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marc Stock

And so it starts...the post winter cancels. 😂
« on: August 24, 2017, 01:14:34 pm »
Just got this classic text the other day....

Hi Mark - can we please cancel the October clean. Thanks, Julie

Hi Julie. Sorry but I can't trace who you are if you could please forward your family name.

Parker, ******, ******. Thansk.
Ok your next clean will be on the 7th Dec. Thanks....
I think best to take us off your list for now, as we won't want them done in Dec. Thanks, Julie

Ok Julie. I'm afraid I'm not the sort of person who just adds and takes off customers on a whim. I have many customers that prefer to have a regular service, I cannot run a business that way. So it might be better to find someone else who can fulfil your reqirements. Thanks for your custom to date....Marc

Not a "whim", and no need for what appears to be rudeness. I was trying to politely suggest you took us off your list. Regards

I'm Sorry that seemed rude. Please accept my apologies...best..marc

::)roll what can you do?

SB Cleaning

Re: And so it starts...the post winter cancels. 😂
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 01:18:27 pm »
After she sent the message also cancelling dec clean i wouldn't of replied and just forgot about it and never to be cleaned  again.

drakestar!

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 01:18:34 pm »
 ;D why don't they just say?!!

Marc Stock

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 01:28:40 pm »
After she sent the message also cancelling dec clean i wouldn't of replied and just forgot about it and never to be cleaned  again.

Ahh yes I would have too. But she was a recommendation from a very good customer, and her kids play with the kids of my recommendation and I'll bet your bottom dollar she would quite literally express her injustice at my so called 'rudeness' to my good customer which could cost me her aswell...so by apologising at least I'm not the bad one...lol

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 02:01:05 pm »
Didn't appear to be rudeness to me, you've been very matter of fact and to the point whilst remaining polite. Not your fault you cannot read her mind. If I get turned away at the door now and told not this time I take it as them politely suggesting they wish to cancel  ;) Its a very English thing .................. far too polite to spell it out and say what we mean.

Dry Clean

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 02:33:13 pm »

Ahh yes I would have too. But she was a recommendation from a very good customer, and her kids play with the kids of my recommendation and I'll bet your bottom dollar she would quite literally express her injustice at my so called 'rudeness' to my good customer which could cost me her aswell...so by apologising at least I'm not the bad one...lol

That's usually the way of it Marc, Iv lost a number of very good customers simply because their family and friends turn out to be complete messers, they then take it as a personal insult when you dump one of them.
There would have been a time when I might have tolerated a messer for the sake of keeping a good customer but not now its
just not worth it.

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 03:04:25 pm »
Its always a land mine these types of messages.  Personally i prefer my customers to simply be upfront but as you know yourselfs many arent.

Truth of the matter, you//us dont know the real reason why she was trying  (in her words) to politely suggest canceling service as she doesnt say.  We as soke traders can often jump to conclusions which arent always right either.

I personally would have sent a different text altogether, but each to their own because sure enough weve all got those types of customers who for some strange reason only known to themselves, cancel over winter.
I have 2 customers on my books who have done  this for last couple of years but they are still customers. Why???  Because other than that, they are great customers. They always pay on time and online, even tip every clean. Im always picking up new work so its not a loss at all for 3 or 4 months.
Another customer cancelled a clean because a change in circumstances (later found out her hubby lost hos job) but i suggested 8wkly instead and i have been cleaning hers like this for a while now.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 03:11:50 pm »
Why do they beat around the bush? Really gets of my titties that.

Everytime someone wants to cancel it's can i skip this clean or I'll let you know when you can clean them or not pay or fail to unlock gates.

Why they can't just say they want to cancel I do not know. Instead they mess you about and hope you get the message.

I had the same last week. Second time shed said not this time. So I asked do you want them cleaning in future? And she said I'll keep your number and let you know.

Oh right so you want to cancel then..Retards

Marc Stock

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 03:25:01 pm »
Loss of job I can deal with. No worries..call me when you can continue. Don't be proud just tell me.

Fair weather customers...not a problem as long as I know about it. I have a number of customers who call me in the summer only and just do one offs. They pay a premium for the privilege mind, my one off charges start at £50.

This customer however wanted a regular clean, she said that she just can't find someone to rely on....but she doesn't realise she is her own culprit.....as no wonder she can't find anyone... :P

To be honest I'd have more respect for her if she just said that she changed her mind.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 03:47:04 pm »
It might be annoying but.....

You don't own the customer. The customer is allowed to cancel whenever they wish and don't have to give you a reason. Fortunately, the vast majority of customers continue without issue but any that want to drop off then they are entitled to do so without having to explain anything as it's none of our business to be honest, I might "politely" ask depending on the circumstances but that would be it. I would just move on and replace.

Me? I would have just replied... "no worries" and left it at that. I wouldn't have returned but waited to see if they called back and then politely explained that I have had to replace them. If I am being honest, I thought your reply was rude Marc. If my Milkman had replied to me like that I would have told him to do one.
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 04:06:43 pm »

You don't own the customer. The customer is allowed to cancel whenever they wish and don't have to give you a reason. Fortunately, the vast majority of customers continue without issue but any that want to drop off then they are entitled to do so without having to explain anything as it's none of our business to be honest, I might "politely" ask depending on the circumstances but that would be it. I would just move on and replace.

Me? I would have just replied... "no worries" and left it at that. I wouldn't have returned but waited to see if they called back and then politely explained that I have had to replace them. If I am being honest, I thought your reply was rude Marc. If my Milkman had replied to me like that I would have told him to do one.

I don't think  anyone has a problem when a customer wants to cancel. It's when they send you cryptic clues that you have to work out what they mean that is annoying.

" I want to cancel" no problem thanks for your custom.

"Can I skip this clean"
"Can I skip this clean"

Do you want them doing next time?
"No actually I want to cancel"

There's a difference.

I think Marc was polite, he could have replied much worse and it wouldn't have been undeserved imo.

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 04:31:55 pm »

Lol cant believe im saying this 😂😂 i agree with peavey!

(Not having a pop with marc with marcs response)
I always try to tread cautiously in these situations but be honest as well.   I wouldnt  just not turn up and wait for them to possibly ask me why ive not been.......i like to be upfront even if some customers dont.
If i suspect they want to cancel i would offer 8wkly instead of 4 weekly. If they are having financial worries due to whatever, and they genuinely want their windows doing still they would be happy with that compromise.  If they want to cancel for whatever reason it prompts them to say so and then hou can text back appropriately.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Marc Stock

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 04:34:16 pm »
I thought your reply was rude Marc. If my Milkman had replied to me like that I would have told him to do one.

It's a good job I apologised then isn't it.

And no I'm not dropping your milk off anymore....you never wash up the bottles properly

Perfect Windows

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 04:53:54 pm »
Simpler response: "OK, I'll take you off the round for now: please let me know when you'd like us to restart".  They NEVER ask. Polite, short, to the point.

Vin

robbo333

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 05:35:30 pm »
After the first message my STANDARD REPLY TO EVERYTHING IS:
'No problem, regards Peter.' I then dump them and focus on getting better customers.
I used to try and explain things to customers about running a business and how it is difficult if I skip cleans, and how the customer said they wanted a regular service but are now changing their minds. But you know what...the custy couldn't give a monkeys t0ss!
So now my life is easy, short and to the point and polite...'No problem, regards Peter.'
Unless they sound like a complete f***wit on the phone and then I use my other favourite: 'sorry i'm too busy at the moment'.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

chris turner

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2017, 05:37:59 pm »
'pre' Christmas cancels I presume, not 'post'.

8 weekly back already ???

First post is a correction of grammar, it just has to be him ;D

chris turner

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 05:45:02 pm »
Its always a land mine these types of messages.  Personally i prefer my customers to simply be upfront but as you know yourselfs many arent.

Truth of the matter, you//us dont know the real reason why she was trying  (in her words) to politely suggest canceling service as she doesnt say.  We as soke traders can often jump to conclusions which arent always right either.

I personally would have sent a different text altogether, but each to their own because sure enough weve all got those types of customers who for some strange reason only known to themselves, cancel over winter.
I have 2 customers on my books who have done  this for last couple of years but they are still customers. Why???  Because other than that, they are great customers. They always pay on time and online, even tip every clean. Im always picking up new work so its not a loss at all for 3 or 4 months.
Another customer cancelled a clean because a change in circumstances (later found out her hubby lost hos job) but i suggested 8wkly instead and i have been cleaning hers like this for a while now.

You would of written them a 10 page essay, which they can't be bothered to read, so they keep you for a while longer to save the hassle ;D

p1w1

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 06:11:44 pm »

Hissy fits dont last long on here, they always come back  ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 06:39:47 pm »

Ya cannae hide Aholeism!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2017, 06:53:42 pm »
Simpler response: "OK, I'll take you off the round for now: please let me know when you'd like us to restart".  They NEVER ask. Polite, short, to the point.

Vin

this is what i would of texted too.

i also think your text comes across as being a bit rude as well TBH marc.just no need for it mate.
price higher/work harder!