Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Walter Mitty

Re: Your prices please !
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2017, 07:08:37 pm »
I was thinking a comfortable two hours per clean - probably longer on the first one.  So, whatever you want for two hours.  Add a third for the longer intervals.  Maybe £80 and £107 would do it, but if it's well out of your way, bung £20 on.  There's room to charge more for jobs like that though as there can be some messing about when there's horizontal stone work between windows (IMO, it's more important to allow time for water to stop running down as the window below is more prone to run marks).

P @ F

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2017, 08:09:49 pm »
I agree with pretty much all points above , he will never be satisfied with price or job done no matter how cheap or good it is , nothing will ever be just right for this chap.

With regard to £30 an hour , true its not quite right , its fine but just not there is it , it is however the lowest i like to go , the way i see it is i will be in one place for 5 hours tops and getting £150 .
Or i could be on my usual 12 basic  3 bedders at £12 a pop  and get much the same , with the added grief of moving , chatting .

On Tuesday i did a retirement complex , 5 hours for £220 .....£44 per hour , but its not like that all the time is it ?

I am looking at this new job as a little break from the norm , im not chasing it , but if it comes then i get a day in the country  ;D
I think you'd be mad to do that job.

But for what reason , whats sooo wrong ?
Because you will feel like an idiot dragging out a two hour job to 5 hours to keep him happy.
Why would i feel like an idiot , its no hardship to me to take it easy on that job , i said before that i would probably give it more time anyway due to my health needs to slow down , the only way i can get bitten on the butt by this job is to spend the time dragging it out  to appease the man and it still be not good enough ! (High possibility to be fair).
But im willing to try it out , i have met his type many times , give them what they want and you never know what will transpire , why am i being so accomadating you may ask ?
Well put simply , this is more than just a house , its way more , its 70 acres of land that is rapidly being converted , old barns , even yurt villages , whatever they are , i just hope they have windows !!!  ;D
Truth is i like to do a good job , and to this day i can honestly say that i have only lost work due to binning them or them moving or dying on me  ;D

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2017, 08:26:17 pm »
Ooops , just had a look again and it appears it wasnt 70 acres , it was only several hundred acres  :o :o :o
Best get this job then eh !

P @ F

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2017, 08:37:24 pm »
And i have just googled a yurt , dont think i will get rich in that area  ;D

S.A.J

P @ F

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2017, 10:34:20 am »
FFS!!! 1 man 2 hours £72 easy! Next job!
And that is exactly why you are a busy fool ........ ;)

8weekly

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2017, 10:37:08 am »
Gotta say that's very cheap if you're sending an employee. Does that include VAT?

P @ F

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2017, 11:04:49 am »
Gotta say that's very cheap if you're sending an employee. Does that include VAT?
Thats Stooey all over , he loves the kudos of having all the work out there , and he has it because he is charging peanuts for it , coupled with the fact that his boys seem to love working all hours for £8 an hour  ;D
Stu , if you want the job that bad i can ring my contact and let them know you will do it for £72  ;D ;D ;D