Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

why upgrade to wfp!!
« on: May 31, 2017, 04:03:07 pm »
I did windows for 2 or 3 years and then in 2003 got back into it and set up my business. I was fortunate and grew my business quite fast to the point where i was working most saturdays as well as usual mon-fri.  Pending how the weather was i would even work the odd sundays. After a number of years i managed to get rid of some dross and even took on an employee once a week and gained my wkends back. However like most, i would still work bank holidays and only have xmass day/ boxing day off work etc.
Also a week of rain would hinder my routine and so on n so on.
My employee moved on and built his own rounds up with my help (after many years hes now moved on and ive claimed that work), but i was more than self sufficient and helped a number of lads over the years train n start up etc.
Point is, i worked hard and hard for many years but to say i was self employed I hardly enjoyed my own time as I didnt get much time off etc.
Now switching to wfp, 2yrs ago. I now have 2 wks of for xmass and all bank holidays off. Even enjoying a break at tobys carverys pending where im working. Ive just enjoyed a long wknd off, worked tuesday n half day today and now have rest of the week off. Thats even with bunking off last week on the hot day i posted about.
Im not singing my own praises, but I am highlighting all this time off because after all these years my work has paid off but mostly due to switching onto wfp. So im posting another reason why all the trad guys (who like me at one time used to hate the idea of wfp) should seriously consider the positives rather than listen to all the negative tales.
When i was trad, loads of work came my way from people doing a rubbish job on wfp. But also loads of work came my way due to rubbish trad cleaners as well!!

Just saying there's loads of positive reasons to upgrade boys n girls
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

Re: why upgrade to wfp!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 04:44:35 pm »
Still 3-4 near me laddering stuff it's crazy to me almost like Chinese torture it must be when we pull up at similar jobs and I'm gone after 45 mins while there still there 1-30 hours later

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 05:01:56 pm »
Leave them to it. We all know wfp is faster and easier and hence can earn more wedge. If die hard traders can't see that then who cares keep risking your life up ladders.

Dry Clean

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 07:16:11 pm »
Same old wfp v traditional twaddle, cant get away from the fact that wfp is safer but both methods have their pros and conns.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 07:29:40 pm »
a local windy  who works my area too has recently switched over to wfp in the last year or so and i had another one of his customers not happy with his work today.that makes it 4 new extra  customers for me in the last month .ive even told him what the problem is(he s scrimping on water using barrels/trolley system,low flow) but he never listens.
price higher/work harder!

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 07:34:45 pm »
Same old wfp v traditional twaddle, cant get away from the fact that wfp is safer but both methods have their pros and conns.
Correct.
But a Toby Carvery is one of the main pros of going wfp.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 08:19:57 pm »
I use PF trolley and 25ltr barrels but work with my flow at max.  Have done for ten years.  I've tried the low flow to save water route but quickly found it doesn't work.  At least for me anyhow. 
Funnily enough, I took on a customer today who has just jacked in a guy with a van because he did a terrible job, and she is not the first.

Tony dunmall

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 08:21:31 pm »
Couple young guys our way set up last year as trad only, which for me it's each to there own and there working hard

But today I carught sight of him cleaning  2nd floor dormer window whilst his friend pushed ladder against gutters, no lie he was six rings up above gutter standing on top rung with foot on window ledge

Just one false step, to me can't see the need to do that now, WFP available to all now at  affordable cost

paul alan

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 08:41:58 pm »
I HATE ladders, or more specificaly going up them!

If it wasnt for wfp l wouldnt be doing half the work l have.

the king

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 08:57:11 pm »
ive bin a wc for 15 years and still do a bit of ladder work, on some jobs its quicker and easer using a ladder , most of my work is wfp tho 

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 09:13:34 pm »
I would have never considered being a windy if it wasnt for wfp, not  chance i would be clambering up ladders, it looks chavvy as hell for a start, wfp looks so much more professional.

paul alan

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 09:41:12 pm »
ive bin a wc for 15 years and still do a bit of ladder work, on some jobs its quicker and easer using a ladder , most of my work is wfp tho
[/quote
Yes some jobs (not many) are much easier to blade, but only ground floor for me!

Well easier to extend a pole than a ladder.

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 09:50:57 pm »
I use PF trolley and 25ltr barrels but work with my flow at max.  Have done for ten years.  I've tried the low flow to save water route but quickly found it doesn't work.  At least for me anyhow. 
Funnily enough, I took on a customer today who has just jacked in a guy with a van because he did a terrible job, and she is not the first.

This is why its always operator fault not the tools. The customers i had gained on trad work from other wfp chaps we're a little concerned when i told them i was upgrading and i resolved their issues by explaining that.
Its funny how on trad work its the user who gets blamed for bad jobs. But on WFP it seems to be the equipment that takes the rap  ::)roll
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 10:53:32 pm »
Three today tradding on a main road.....all three doing front of 3 bed semi....totally inefficient.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 11:24:23 pm »
Correct.
But a Toby Carvery is one of the main pros of going wfp.

I was wondering the importance of that too.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 11:51:35 pm »
Gotta say I enjoy a little trad work here n there but I don't do much. Most days I don't do any. Today I bladed two double sets of patio doors. One set due to dog nose marks all over them and the other, greasy hand prints due to nippers being off school.

There are also guys round my way that work in two's and three's both tradding and poling. I tried working with someone years ago but just found it so inefficient. A lot of time wasting going on without realising it. I much prefer working on my own.

slap bash

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 08:10:25 am »
One of the reasons trad guys don`t change is. The limited amount they earn and have to save cash for what is seems like a very large outlay to change to WFP. Why leave something making enough to spend on equipment and the don't  know how much more they can make. It's  the position of being comfortable.

Tosh

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 08:13:49 am »
Thats the position I was in, but you need to exert yourself and believe the hype about WFP. I remember seeing my first Pure Freedom trolley and then hearing the price - £1,000!!!! FECK THAT.

But somehow I was brought round to believing in it and for me the rest is history.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

NWH

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 10:25:41 am »
One of the reasons trad guys don`t change is. The limited amount they earn and have to save cash for what is seems like a very large outlay to change to WFP. Why leave something making enough to spend on equipment and the don't  know how much more they can make. It's  the position of being comfortable.
Spot on that's the reason.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 10:27:38 am »
They are non believers let's be honest if someone said you can triple what your doing and still have the energy to go out at the weekend most of us would think yeah right oh pal.